Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Thanks guys three days of sneezing, my nose looks like rudolf , I feel horrible and achy and am off work...I detest being ill! Still I'm looking after myself and I'm not going back until I'm well again

Morning Hun have a great day and hope you are feeling better :) x x x

Eewww Gem proper lurgy, keep.comfy and warm. The horrible thing about being ill is it feels like weeks when its been days. Xx

Morning Hun have a great day x x x

Hi ladies, I am feeling a bit better and ventured outside for the first time in a week today. It has completely floored me and I'm now back on the sofa with lemsip.

Oops hit send too early!

I'm hoping to go back to work on Monday, but we shall see. I had my referral for the hospital today....choose and book an appointment online it says......hmmm well the hospital I want to go to has no appointments available so I have to ring them anyway. I'm in a bit of a quandary too with my interview on weds. According to the equality act I don't have to declare my impending knee op, but I almost feel obliged to? The new post is a high profile, dynamic change management one and I'm not sure they would be best pleased if I took the job and then had to have 2-6 weeks off work!

I'm going to take some advice from HR colleagues , Sometimes though I am too honest for my own good but what would you do in my situation?

The lemsip has kicked in now so feeling a bit better and I'm off to do some uni work...have a good day peeps x

As part of my last interview we had to fill in an occur health form and I then had to speak to them before bring officially offered the post. They said all they had to say was I may need an operation in the near future but that it wouldn't effect the position as they cannot discriminate. In general I think it is best to be honest. Good luck! X

As part of my last interview we had to fill in an occur health form and I then had to speak to them before bring officially offered the post. They said all they had to say was I may need an operation in the near future but that it wouldn't effect the position as they cannot discriminate. In general I think it is best to be honest. Good luck! X

Interesting, that recruitment practise isn't legal anymore! Posts should be offered and then medicals are filled in as part of a duty of care...medical details shouldn't be asked before offering the post. However thanks for the advice, I probably will be honest up front as it is how I'm made! Lol x

Really! Well nothing surprises me lol! At least they still gave me it!

Well I'm very pleased to say I'm feeling better today...still sniffy a bit, still coughing but feel

I've been reading The Diet Dropouts Guide to Natural Weight Loss while I've been ill which is basically about slowly changing our habits permanently that contribute to our weight gain. Its not just about the food we eat ( obviously this is a big factor) but about how we eat it and how changing our environment can change our habits and lead to better choices too.

Hubby and I are going to change 3 of our habits next week and this is what we have chosen.

Listen only to the radio for news in the mornings - no tv until after 7.30pm weekdays and 1pm weekends ( this will be hard for me as i do have the tv on too much, even if only for background noise) once we've mastered this we will decrease the tv time to after 8pm and so forth.

Stick to our planned food for the week - we always plan healthy meals but are side tracked by takeaways, we also want to save some money for our holiday in May - so no takeaways next week!

Keep the home junk food free - we do this pretty much 80% of the time anyway but to just be mindful about bringing non nutritious foods (takeaways again!) into the house.

That's it for now...I shall carry on with the slimpods as these have become part of my daily life and I do believe they help to keep the binge monster and my diet head under control.

Have a good week guys, I'll let you know how it goes! X

So glad to see you back Gem! Hope you continue to recover well. I am liking your plans for you and hubby, it all makes so much sense. the book you are reading sounds interesting!

Yes takeaways are so expensive, I bought them far too often back in the day!..think of all the cash you'll save for the holiday and how trim you'll look on that holiday :)

Good luck, I look forward to your next update x

Hiya Gem i would have to say about knee op. What i would say is recovery eill very to what they find. Worse case 6 wks best case 2 wks. Its honest in a way lol.
Glad your feeling better days are so slow when ill and boring.
The plans look great i find staying at home to be the challenge for me and My home is bad food free.
TV im on the same lines stopped omnibuses weekends as i was sat for hours and hours. I now do nightly catch ups and thats it. Its made a massive difference as im free the wekend more.
Hope your fully recovered soon. Good luck Wensday xx

Hi gals thanks for the advice and the good wishes, interview is today..not holding out much hope for success but it's a good development opportunity all the same, really feel like I'm fighting with the big boys on this one!

I have told my mentor about my knee op and he is on the interview panel, but I will also drop it in at the end of the interview.

I'm doing well with the change in habits....no junk, tv down to less than 2 hrs per evening ( which is better than my target!) ad we've stuck to our food plan. Got a hectic day ahead including the interview at lunch time and the cat to to the vet ( routine visit, nothing nasty) tonight. I won't hear anything about the job until tomorrow or Friday anyway as they are interviewing over two days.

Have a good one folks ! X

Good luck hun have a good day x x

Thanks Jayde, came out feeling that I did well...but was it good enough? I will know tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning!

Good day everything else wise, finally feeling back to my tigger like self and on top of work. Catch ya soon x

Back