Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Well done!!! hope it goes your way hun let us know, but either way you did your best and thats all you can do x x

Totally Jayde :0) ...ooooh I'm soooooo proud of myself today! I bought myself a drifter this afternoon after my interview, just for comfort.....but I actually recognised that fact when I sat down at my desk, decided I wasn't hungry and threw it in the drawer. It's still there! ( well, unless the cleaner has nicked it! ;0))

Also after the vets I asked hubby if he was hungry...we both were as it was 6.30 ...we had arranged for tesco to do a home delivery between 7-9, so we started to discuss picking up fish and chips on the way home....something in my head said I was letting myself down and it's the times like this that are sabotaging an otherwise pretty good day. Its just a habit! After a lot of soul searching ( and believe me this was a full on row going on between Angelina and Fred ) I said no and we came home to egg on toast instead...ok it was a fried egg BUT thats a huge leap forward for me!

I now feel very smug indeed...let's see how long the drifter stays in my desk! Now there's a challenge! X

Hi Gem goodnews with the drifter!next time try the bin. The waste of money thought is a double whammy!
Welldone with the takeaway...getting stronger by the day luv.
Fingers crossed for you
Xx

Good luck hun, hope you hear exciting news today! Fingers crossed for you :)

Well done on refusing to give into temptation :)...egg and toast wins on the calories war Gem...good choice!

Is the drifter still there?..give it to a colleague :)

Hi all....still no news so I presume I haven't got it. Still I'm fine, my job isn't that bad and I have been chosen to do Springboard training in my company which is a great honour as only 30 peeps have been chosen across the organisation. If I get the job I will have to step down so there are pluses for staying put!

Made good choices again today...hubby mentioned fish and chips again this afternoon ( we both work for the same place and he is always emailing me about whats for dinner lol) I said nope as we had the hairy dieters mushroom and chicken risotto Planned ...so just eaten that and I'm contented and smug again lol.

Yep the drifter is still in my drawer! It's almost a challenge now to see how long I can keep it there lol!

Went swimming this morning which was great...so, apart from being on tender hooks about the jobs it's been a pretty good day. I think this " change of habits" theory is ringing the right bells with me. I can concentrate on saying no to a takeaway but everything else is ok, I suddenly don't want the everything else either! Weird how our little minds work isn't it?

Tv is still staying off for longer than we planned. And the food shop last night was all fresh ingredients, no crap! Yay! Four days in and doing ok!

Keep smilingx

Thanks gals

I didn't get the job.....again , I get feedback that it was a closely run thing and I was totally appoint able but someone else just pipped me at the post...it's getting tiresome now and I do wonder if it's to do with my weight sometimes....but to be honest I'm just glad it's all over. Thing is I'm good at what I do, I enjoy what I do...so I'm only really doing all this to earn some extra money....it's silly really. I think I've just spent so much of my life having to fight for everything I've forgotten what it's like not to have to! I have a good job, a lovely hubby, a great son, a lovely home.....I don't actually need to earn anymore so I'm gonna take a breather from applying for promotions and just get on with life!

Springboard training is training aimed towards women who feel they have barriers in life and work. It's an internationally recognised course and my organisation has just started using it...I'm one of 30 women in the first cohort. It starts in two weeks time and lasts for two months. It sounds really interesting and I'm just looking for it to give me some peace really.

I've done over 9 hours today at work today and I'm really tired. I didn't eat much though ...just weetabix this morning, an apple at lunchtime and a yoghurt this afternoon. Came home to a lovely m& s pasta which was a compromise from a takeaway. The drifter is still uneaten and I now have four days off work. I have a uni assignment due so have taken some leave so I don't get as stressed as last time!

Anyway have a great weekend folks x

I don't think it's your weight hun compared to a lot of people you are small! I do think that women are still often over looked and a lot of places - especially councils - its 'a boys club'. I never used to believe that women were still treated differently but I've witnessed it a lot recently which I've found quite upsetting. Well done anyway you are doing well and like you said you have a lovely life x x x

Aww..booo! As i said Gem, their loss! Don't be thinking its weight related, they surely couldn't discriminate like that, its wrong on so many levels!!!!

As Jayde says, you are not 'big' enough for anyone to be narrow minded enough to think excess weight stops your brain from working properly. So don't worry, the fact you reached interview stage is a good sign. Keep that in mind and next time..that perfect job will have your name on it!

have a good weekend :)

I don't think it's your weight hun compared to a lot of people you are small! I do think that women are still often over looked and a lot of places - especially councils - its 'a boys club'. I never used to believe that women were still treated differently but I've witnessed it a lot recently which I've found quite upsetting. Well done anyway you are doing well and like you said you have a lovely life x x x

Thanks Jayde...who knows, the way my doctor goes on its my weight that's he answer to everything lol....and you are so right about the boys club! X

Aww..booo! As i said Gem, their loss! Don't be thinking its weight related, they surely couldn't discriminate like that, its wrong on so many levels!!!!

As Jayde says, you are not 'big' enough for anyone to be narrow minded enough to think excess weight stops your brain from working properly. So don't worry, the fact you reached interview stage is a good sign. Keep that in mind and next time..that perfect job will have your name on it!

have a good weekend :)

I always get an interview and i know They are not supposed to discriminate, but if the last 4 promotions are " very close to call" and I can't get a straight answer in feedback i' m just beginning to wonder! :0) oh I know something will come along x

Morning all

It's been a good week, this habit changing philosophy is working for me in ways I didn't originally think it would. Just focusing on not having takeaways has refocused a lot of other things it seems. It's a subtle shift but hopefully a powerful one!

We walked around m&s yesterday as I needed some bananas and didn't want to go to tesco...earlier we thought we might go out to lunch but instead I bought some of their lovely fresh soup and we went home and had that with had a fresh roll. I love their extremely chocolatey Swiss roll and they are usually on offer buy two for £2 ...but I said no and went home and made some small chocolate cupcakes instead. Still a treat but no artificial rubbish and easier to control portion wise!

To keep the momentum up with this, hubby and I have agreed to put £20 in a savings account a week every time we are successful in not having a takeaway. This money we will use for our holidays and we should be able to go away later in the year too if we keep it up. This has added the incentive it's not all about food so it doesn't feel like I'm denying myself at all, if that makes sense!

Something else I have noticed and that felt natural this week was only eating when I'm hungry at work....I normally eat more when I'm busy and it's been quite stressful and emotional with the interview but I've gone the other way if anything..not eaten as much which feels quite alien but I'm liking it. I can feel a difference in my body already.

Turning off the tv has been a great success and a lot easier than I originally thought. It really is just a bad habit! We haven't grazed in the evenings as we are busier doing other things and I've felt calmer somehow, like my senses have had time to rest. I've also read a whole novel in a week! I love reading but was always lucky to fit in two pages a night...! I treated myself to three new books yesterday so I hope that carries on :0) I've also started sewing a patchwork draught excluder for our front door and find that quite restful too!

It's weigh in on Friday and I will be happy to have a stay the same on the scales this month as my body has just been recalibrating itself after the Xmas excess and with being poorly its only this last week things have really kicked in. Back to body pump and swimming this week and to walking more now I'm feeling better. Also I will start the appointment cycle to get my knee better. I feel much more hopeful I will be able to get back on my bike and start hiking again this year!

Going to study the next two days and get my uni assignment in early. Then get ahead with the next block of study. Looking forward to it!

Be happy folks x

A great post hun you are doing fab :)

Drs think everything is weight related! X x

Thanks Jayde x

Despite the miserable weather and having a day off work I still got up early and went swimming ... Managed a few widths of front crawl too, haven't done that stroke for years! So I'm feeling rather saintly.

I feel I'm making friends with my body again and I'm liking that.

Uni assignment just needs a final read through and that can be submitted.

Just had porridge for breakfast and have a healthy list of food to go to tescos with... All is right with the world x

Hi Gem
Sounding mighty focused!
Its amazing what we do when the TV goes. Im sure the obiesity problem in this country came in not long after cable Tv and increased again with the internet.
I love losing my dependancey on both and Summer is what helps me alot.
Good luck with your Wiegh un Friday
Xx

Thanks ladies x

Back to work weds and mega mega busy so long hours and pressured. Tues evening hubby and I went to see Jack Reacher at the cinema and I had earned my bag of galaxy counters...but I bought a big bag and a big bag of maltesers too...just habit, they were on offer...used the cinema as an excuse....blah blah. This was a mistake and one I hope to learn from. I don't need to buy big bags of chocolate, ONE small bar or bag would have been quite sufficient if I really wanted it.

All fine weds then thurs i went swimming and did a load more front crawl, by the end of the day i was really tired so in the eve we went out for dinner at weather spoons, we walked and caught the bus instead of taking the car....didn't have a pud there but popped into tescos and bought a small tiramisu. Looking back on this I probably would choose a smaller burger next time...I am finding a lot of bread off putting and I left half the burger bun without much thought. The pud we chose was also a third of the calories from the one in the pub but it was the one I fancied so I had it and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Friday dawns and as its the first of the month I step on the scales to find 4 lbs have been lost. Hurrah I though! What did I do? I went into work early without breakfast ( as i was still full from the previous evening) or preparing a healthy lunch. I had a packet of crisps about 10am, then my lunch date let me down unexpectedly so I bought a chicken salad granary bap and some carrot cake (as it was Friday!) the bap was huge so i threw away two thirds of the bread and just ate the chicken salad....looking back i really I cannot believe I am throwing away and leaving food on my plate! The carrot cake was rather yum!

Last night was the hardest, I was barely awake when I got home and mentally exhausted after a difficult day at work. I wanted a takeaway...hubby dealt with it brilliantly. I was home earlier than usual so he told me to sit down, made me a decaf coffee and I just sat and recharged my batteries for an hour. I then got up and cooked dinner..ok it was eggs on toast again and I was feeling a little miffed as he never says no..but this morning I'm very grateful to him and can see that we have now supported each other through when we turn to takeaways....so that's two weeks takeaway free! Yay!

Body pump this morning was hard to get up for but I focused on how good I would feel afterwards....I'm tired still but pretty happy actually, I think I've coped well over a pressured few days.

Off to have the hair cut this afternoon, thinking of going shorter with some red highlights....we shall see!

It's lovely to see some sunshine, thanks for reading my ramblings ( if you haven't nodded off) and have a lovely weekend! X

Hello Gem, that is a lovely account of your week :) Try a wee bag of revels when you next got to the cinema, or a wee bag of malteasers. ;)

Well done on leaving bread, it has now become a habit for you :)

Wonderful weight loss hun..and that is with the choccie goodies!!! woohooooo :)

Pat on the back for hubby resisting the takeaway plea :)..fantastic support! Funnily enough I said to my hubby tonight while out shopping, shall we have a chinese takeaway!!!!! Half hoping he would say yes, and I had already imagined my cutting back for a few days to allow the damage!!! ha ha..Anyway, he said, " No, I don't fancy it, shall we just have some pasta or something quick!" I felt myself sulking inside!!! hee hee and didn't want to stamp my feet like a big oink and say, well I'll have one anyway!!! ha ha ...but I thought, what am I doing, I don't need one!!..so I got home and made a pasta dish in 30 mins..delish! ;)

New hairstyle sounds lovely.. did you go for it!

Have a great and successful week Gem and thanks for your post on my thread...I felt mega proud just listening to him 'chatting'..you'll know exactly what I mean! :)

Last edited:
Back