Obsessive Cooking !!!!

Do I get any royalties, it's violation of copyright. lol

I never baked until I started CD and have gone baking mad - have made about 4 birthday cakes and muffins are a regular too.......just love the smell also I think it's to prove that I CAN cook something without eating it - very empowering! But SOOOO weird lol

Well last night I made my oh homeade chips, homemade steak and mushroom pie and topped it off with baked beans - he couldnt believe his luck when i put the plate down on front of him.
Tonight im cooking coq au vin with new spuds and green veg, the kids ar5e having plain chicken cos i put a huge amount of red wine in!

I love my new oven!

You can still give your kids food cooked in alcohol. It's burns it off, & only leaves the flavour behind.
Infact ds1 turns his nose up at spag bol or gravy that has no red wine in it.

The totally mad thing is I have had to go out and buy cake tins, cake cutters etc because I have never ever needed these things till now lol

Me too! Have made so many cakes and cupcakes since I started this diet. I'm being called Mrs Kippling at work... while they all get fatter I just keep getting slimmer :p They've sort of cottoned on but don't seem to care. I feel like such a feeder as I get so much enjoyment out of their enjoyment of the food!

Also require intense descriptions of each mouthful ;)

I was thinking about why we do this and apart from wanting to be busy (and having more energy to do it), I think it's more than that as I had no interest in baking before CD and now do it regularly.

I think that I do it to prove to myself that I can cook and not eat. Each time I do, I feel a bit stronger almost like I'm breaking old habits or something and telling myself that this is what thin people do. If that makes sense.

well tonight mr wicked is having

liver, onions and mushrooms
mustard mash
shredded cabbage.

with a easy desert of jelly

only cause i'm making some christmas cards today

I think that you have a point there - but I also think I am doing it so that I can get myself, hubby and baby son used to having healthy home cooked meals. Before I started the diet it was all about convience food but now I am learning that sometimes it is just as quick to do it from scratch and by all accounts they taste sooooooo much better too (plus I know what has gone in them). I know one day I will be back to eat food again and I want to have some good tack ticks in place.

love Nikki xx

I'm so glad you are all as weird as me!!! Had my shake this morning then cooked three seperate meals for my man as i'm we're working opposite shifts!! Do find myself staring at him whilst he's eating though hee hee!!!

Back