Odds 'n' sods not Atkins

Hey I have to agree with Jim. he's been in maintenance longer than me and I find it hard because just like you jane and I'm sure others think the same way, I dont want to gain the weight back. so I find myself lingering around 20 carbs a day which is habit and a comfort zone for sure and a mental thing. however I'm starting now to give myself a day once a month to eat whatever I want.. For me I can be in a bakery or restaurant surrounded by pastas , cakes and etc.. and I'll order a steak with a salad or baked chicken.. It's a habit it's like I see things and say oops I can't eat that too many carbs.. It's a work in progress but I'm learning to up my carb level bit by bit. I haven't gained any weight but I did lose 2 more pounds which is what I dont want to get any thinner than what Iam now. I like my size and comfortable :)

Reactions: Jim
Good post there love.

I suppose maintenance must become normal for life and no longer maintenance if you know what I mean. I know ill find it hard to increase carbs gradually without feeling like I have blown it and for me that leads to binging but ill cross that bridge when the time comes.

I understand exactly what you mean annie and I'm still working on it.. like I said it's more of a mental thing and the fear of regaining weight. I have to learn to trust in myself and know that I have the skills and education now to keep the weight off... a lot of it is also habit too..

Oh yes, I agree, it is habit with me now, that plus I'm so much more confident now I've been on maint for several years. I don't worry about having to go out and eat and stuff, where possible I just plan ahead and go into induction beforehand if I get the chance.

I did lose 2 more pounds which is what I dont want to get any thinner than what Iam now. I like my size and comfortable :)

I know this is a new challenge for you with its own difficulties - but Im sooooo jealous:p, you will find what works for you, I think realising you have to think about it is half the battle and not just returning to old habits - good luck

Juat a quick question weighed myself today [know i shouldnt coz weigh in day is next monday] and my scales say 1 LB gain stuck to the diet do you think i should worry about it as i was a bit unhappy about it:cry:xx

Thanks annie and dont be jealous, you'll be there very soon yourself.. :)

snack it's probably water. weighing everyday isn't such a good thing because your weight goes up and down 2 pounds or more for some I know it does for me.. Think of the last time you weighed where you saw a loss and weigh at the same time in the same place and with the same clothes..

Thanks morenachica for getting back to me so quickly i was wearing the same thing in the same place,just worried as ive just come off the VLCD milkshakes worried i put loads on just for the fact i havnt eaten in 14 weeks im still in ketosis as i tested this morning .Its my own fault for keep weighing myself just not used to eating so much nice food and losing weight well trying to :confused: xx

I understand snack as a scale addict myself I had to control myself not weighing everyday. When I saw how I weighed more in the mornings without anything on my stomach compared to after eating lunch that's when I knew it was water and that my weight goes up and down.. I can understand your point after doing a VLCD for 14 weeks WOW that's an great task in itself to do.. I can understand that you dont want to gain weight. It's strange that by eating you lose weight..

big hugs and I wouldn't weigh again until after the weekend :)

It's freezing here and cold :(

I know eat loads of yummy food and lose weight doesnt make sense but i ll keep going and try to only weigh once a week xx

I know right snack.. and try weighing at least once a week or like on a monday and then a saturday but not everyday.. i was bad at that myself :)

I'm off to Crete for a week, wish me luck finding Atkins friendly scoff!

Have a good holiday TT, enjoy love.

enjoy yourself in crete :)

How was your holiday Anna?What a downer coming back to this awful weather eh?
Me and the kids had a brilliant time.... weather around 25 degrees most days.... did loads of chilling by the pool now all I have got is the sound of the washer and dryer going on!
Back to work tomorrow :(

Good news

Hi all

Just wanted to share my good news with you all....

I was made redundant from my ideal job in June!! I have recently been working for M & S as a Christmas temp, this is the most mind-numbing, boring job....

I was yesterday offered a permanent job, this is a job I interviewed for in August, apparently there were over a 1000 applicants and I was number 3 on the merit list ( this is dependent on what score you achieved during the interview) I am so pleased and has given me a real confidence boost...I am not the most confident person so it is great for me self esteem...:D

I start on the 16th November so please wish me luck, I am nervous already....eek:eek:

Jane that is great news love, well done. You'll be fine love. :)

:happy096: Jane I'm happy for you.. It is a confidence booster and just like Jim said you will be fine.. That was an early Xmas gift for you :D

Back