Off to Wales on Monday

Hafan Y Mor is a Haven site isn't it. It looks loke a really nice one

Yeah Taz, it's Haven, just outside Pwllheli. Very nice! :D I prefer it to Presthaven Sands as there are more places to go sightseeing, but he good thing about Prestatyn is that it's a very quick journey for us, that's why we seem to go there more than Pwllheli. :D

They're all pretty much the same if you just want to stay on site :D But we like to do a bit of sightseeing too, that's why we went to Pwllheli a couple of years ago. We went to Port Merrion (sp?), Swallow Falls, Carnarfen Castle, loads of places! :D

Have you looked at the Haven site? That gives you a few ideas of areas to visit around each part of the country. Haven Holidays | Caravan Holiday Parks in the UK | Family Holidays :D

Yeah we usually just use the park as a base. We like to use the swimming pools but then we go and explore the area. We rarely see the evening entertainment as we usually have drinks in the caravan and have bbq's etc

We usually stay around in the evening to see the entertainment, but only until 9pm 'cos by then my daughter's starting to fall asleep lol! She's not too fond of the clubs anyway, finds them too loud lol! So I get her to bed and my son and I usually watch tv or he puts his PS2 on (yeah, we HAVE to take it with us lol! :rolleyes:)

Lol, isn't it weird that we always bring loads of stuff from home? This year Chris had a weekend case filled with his ps2, loads of games, mp4, games mags, kerrang mags, music cds.......:eek::rolleyes: Complete waste of time 'cos the ps2 couldn't be connected to the old portable tv in the caravan lol!! :rolleyes::D

Where in Wales are you from KittyB?

Near Monmouth in the Wye Valley....We used to go to Butlins sometimes as kids and have memories of the all day drive up thru mid wales excited to get there, then crying on the way home :D
x

Monmouthshire is nice. We used to spend a lot of time in the Forest of Dean and the surrounding areas

We always went to Butlins in Pwllheli a few times as kids too Kitty. :D :D

It was fab....we always used to go until Mum and Dad brought a caravan....then there was no stopping us....I remember one year going all the way to the south of spain in it! we'd spend almost a week travelling by the time you'd added up the outward and return journey and then have 2 weeks there! I knew there was a disadvantage to growing up and moving out of home..... :D

It was fab....we always used to go until Mum and Dad brought a caravan....then there was no stopping us....I remember one year going all the way to the south of spain in it! we'd spend almost a week travelling by the time you'd added up the outward and return journey and then have 2 weeks there! I knew there was a disadvantage to growing up and moving out of home..... :D

The kids tried to talk me into buying a caravan in Presthaven this year - can't afford it though unfortunately! :(:D

Your childhood hols sound fantastic! :D I just love travelling full stop, on trains, coaches, even the bus ride into Town cheers me up! So that trip to Spain wouldn't bother me in the slightest! :D My kids would hate it though :rolleyes::D

Do you Taz?! I was wondering how the shift patterns work on trains when I was travelling to York the other week, do you ever away from home overnight in your job or do they always make sure you get back to your base?

We always start and finish at our home station. The longer journeys are broken up by different crews throughout the journey. The shift patterns can be quite erratic but you get used to it after a while!

Back