Off to Wales on Monday

I just love travelling full stop, on trains, coaches, even the bus ride into Town cheers me up!

Thats the thought of all the retail therapy at your finger tips :D lol

I used to live in Liverpool and after the small selection of shops here at home, it was like shopping heaven there :D

We always start and finish at our home station. The longer journeys are broken up by different crews throughout the journey. The shift patterns can be quite erratic but you get used to it after a while!

I've just seen your location - not far from here :)
My brother moved over into Bristol last year...he'd been travelling there each day with work and decided to move across the bridge instead. He's living along the water front so it's a really nice walk into the centre.

Thats the thought of all the retail therapy at your finger tips :D lol

I used to live in Liverpool and after the small selection of shops here at home, it was like shopping heaven there ::D
Hehe Kitty! That and the thought of just being able to do what I want without the kids moaning that they're bored/hungry/tired lol! :D

You'd love it even more now that we've got Liverpool 1 and all the extra shops etc leading onto the Dock! :D

I've just seen your location - not far from here :)
My brother moved over into Bristol last year...he'd been travelling there each day with work and decided to move across the bridge instead. He's living along the water front so it's a really nice walk into the centre.
Just a short hop over the bridge! I work the Bristol - Cardiff trains sometimes (like today). The waterfront isn't the cheapest of places to live but there are some really nice places there

Hehe Kitty! That and the thought of just being able to do what I want without the kids moaning that they're bored/hungry/tired lol! :D

You'd love it even more now that we've got Liverpool 1 and all the extra shops etc leading onto the Dock! :D

Gosh it sounds like it's really changed. What's the Liverpool 1?
I lived there between 94 and 98. Spent 2 years in the halls of residence in the grounds of the cathedral and 2 years in edge hill.

I'd still be there now if I hadn't got offered a job in Cheltenham and moved back.

Just a short hop over the bridge! I work the Bristol - Cardiff trains sometimes (like today). The waterfront isn't the cheapest of places to live but there are some really nice places there

We were over a few weeks ago for a charity pub rally and have won a mini break :D in Bristol in the draw they had, so are going to take it nearer to christmas and combine it with some retail therapy. :D

Sounds like a good idea! Bristol is good for shopping. I like Cardiff for shopping too

Sounds like a good idea! Bristol is good for shopping. I like Cardiff for shopping too

I had my hen weekend in Bristol, we have a really good time :)

Do you know I never go to Cardiff shopping, probably about once a year! lol

I had a peek at your wedding photos earlier, you look stunning - where did you get married?
x

Gosh it sounds like it's really changed. What's the Liverpool 1?
I lived there between 94 and 98. Spent 2 years in the halls of residence in the grounds of the cathedral and 2 years in edge hill.

I'd still be there now if I hadn't got offered a job in Cheltenham and moved back.

Liverpool 1 is a new shopping mall that's been built in between Albert Dock and town. I don't know if you remember where Boodles is? Anyway, it's just round the corner from that end. :D Off the top of my head, there's Debenhams, Monsoon, Disney shop, Accessorise, loads lol! :D You walk out of one exit and the Dock is just over the crossing - brill! :D

I had my hen weekend in Bristol, we have a really good time :)

Do you know I never go to Cardiff shopping, probably about once a year! lol

I had a peek at your wedding photos earlier, you look stunning - where did you get married?
x
That's really funny! I had my hen weekend in Tenby and Cardiff!

I got married in St Ives, Cornwall. It looks like summer but it was February!

Liverpool 1 is a new shopping mall that's been built in between Albert Dock and town. I don't know if you remember where Boodles is? Anyway, it's just round the corner from that end. :D Off the top of my head, there's Debenhams, Monsoon, Disney shop, Accessorise, loads lol! :D You walk out of one exit and the Dock is just over the crossing - brill! :D

Ooooooh! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have a trip back up :)
I was up in April for a meeting with work, but we stayed out near the airport so I didn't get chance to get into the centre. I couldn't believe how different it all looks out at the airport now. I know things change all the time, but I literally didn't recognise anything LOL
x

That's really funny! I had my hen weekend in Tenby and Cardiff!

I got married in St Ives, Cornwall. It looks like summer but it was February!

It does look like a summers day. I love that you were right by the coast for your photos - it looks like a lovely place :)

Tenby - now there's another blast from the past...easter holidays at Kiln Park - I think that might be a Haven place now?

Mrs D...bring the kids down to Tenby next hols and we'll have a mini meet at the campsite :D

x

I'd definately be up for that meet! Kiln Park is nice we went there last year for a holiday, it is a Haven now.

Ooooooh! I'm thinking I'm gonna have to have a trip back up :)
I was up in April for a meeting with work, but we stayed out near the airport so I didn't get chance to get into the centre. I couldn't believe how different it all looks out at the airport now. I know things change all the time, but I literally didn't recognise anything LOL
x

Haha! I get that feeling every time I go into Liverpool too and I'm literally 30 minutes away Kitty! I don't get much chance to go there now, maybe once every couple of months, so it's amazing to see all the changes lol!

Tenby - now there's another blast from the past...easter holidays at Kiln Park - I think that might be a Haven place now?

Mrs D...bring the kids down to Tenby next hols and we'll have a mini meet at the campsite :D

We've never been to Kiln Park so it'd be nice to see what Haven has to offer there. Will definitely arrange to meet you and Taz. Next time you're in Liverpool let me know and we could have a mini meet in Town. :D

Will def do that :)

Kiln park was lovely as a kid, so I imagine as it's a Haven site now it should be lovely....it's just a bit of a trek for you to get to I'd imagine from L'pool....still would be worth it just to hold our Mini meet :D

I've never been on a meet yet as I'm quite shy and a tad embarrassed that I've put my weight back on, but hey I've found my posting boots again, so hopefully the dieting ones will follow :D

x

Kiln Park is a really nice park. The pool isn't big enough to properly swim in and the outside one was closed when we were there cus it was out of season but they do Aquafit classes there! They have tennis courts too and there is a footpath that leads to the beach. A kiln Park mini meet would be great!

Will def do that :)

Kiln park was lovely as a kid, so I imagine as it's a Haven site now it should be lovely....it's just a bit of a trek for you to get to I'd imagine from L'pool....still would be worth it just to hold our Mini meet :D

I've never been on a meet yet as I'm quite shy and a tad embarrassed that I've put my weight back on, but hey I've found my posting boots again, so hopefully the dieting ones will follow :D

x

Once you get past the first few minutes you'll be fine Kitty! :D I'm a lot quieter than I am on here, believe me, but once I relax I am okay. :D You just find things to chat about, questions to ask and before you know it you're all laughing and the nerves have gone. :)

Kiln Park is a really nice park. The pool isn't big enough to properly swim in and the outside one was closed when we were there cus it was out of season but they do Aquafit classes there! They have tennis courts too and there is a footpath that leads to the beach. A kiln Park mini meet would be great!

I'll have to have a look at my map and see were Kiln Park is Taz :D It does look like a nice clean park from what I remember of the brochures! I've been thinking of taking the kids away for a couple of days during one of their half terms as we've done absolutely nothing over the summer hols (lack of funds! :sigh::() So I'll see if I can get some cash together and let you and Kitty know. :D

Oh that would be great! I am also a lot quieter than I am on here. I tend to be a bit on the shy side!

Back