off topic waxing!!!

Wobbly71

Silver Member
Has anyone had it done?

I have never been waxed anywhere and I have never even plucked my eyebrows...

Now this year I have decided to take more care of myself and have decided to take the plunge as it was.

So what I want to know has anyone any 'hair-raising'experiences of waxing or good experiences.

Am probably thinking of my legs, brows and maybe bikini line, daren't try under arms!!!

ANy comments most welcome.

HI, I was a novice waxer till 2007 too! I found legs were fine and had my eyebrows 'threaded' rather than waxed - a bit eyewatering but a great effect that lasts for ages! First time I went I wastold to take paracetemol half an hour before the appointment, which I did, and to be honest it probably hurt the least that time! Subsequently I have not bothered with the paracetemol and I've had more discomfort but nothing to write home about!
Shalder

Yup. Bikini, under arm and eyebrows. So much better than shaving.

It is not pain free but worth it.

Alison

i have my underarms done when i've got the cash (i cant be bothered to shave in the summer everyday) it really doesn't hurt!!!!!! i find the more u tense and think about it hurting well then it will, i find talking to the waxer about almost anything takes ur mind off it and it will be over before you know it!!!!! i've also had my legs done but not had the confidence to have biknini line just yet (dont want anyone to see my thunder thighs)!!!!!lol

ive had bikini, eyebrows and lip waxed and lip wax brings tears to my eyes...all worth it though if you can go somewhere that does sugaring instead of waxing it's less painful!!!

Hiya i do waxing and i only started being waxed myself a year ago, i have my underarm done lasts 6 weeks! great not really that bad, i wax my own eyebrows.....pluck in between growth, i have my legs doen which isnt bad at all ! but behind the knees makes you jump a bit, upper lip, and forearms if im going on holiday( I dont have a bad regrowth....but everyone is different) All in all its not that bad but i do advise my "jumper" to take a ibuprophen an hour before as it does help greatly. Choose a salon that you feel comfortable with and if i were you phone a few and explain how you feel.
Like everything it stings for a milisecond!!! and be sure to exfoiliate 4 days after to stop you haveing ingrowing hairs that applies to all areas except eyebrows.
If you wish to know any more drop me a line
Ruthy

For years I went and got waxed regularly - full leg, bikini line and underarms.

But get this - now I have a proper salon hot waxing kit and I do it myself at home :eek:

Yup, really.

Lucky you Kate - how do you manage the contortions thou (or is that just me:eek:?)

Wobbly...I have been waxing for years, and the best tip I can give is two nurofen 20mins before....pretty painless then!

Thanks for all the replies, I knew I could count on you all.

Gonna give her a ring soon, I had the allergy test yesterday and all ok!!!

I want my bikini line and eyebrows doing. Never wear skirts so not bothered till summer about legs i can shave them and under arms.

I seem to get a rash when I shave bikini area so gonna see how waxing goes, plus hubby will be over the moon, the less the better if you know what i mean..

oooopppsss!!!!!!!!!

Ta x

Back