• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

OH DEAR, doc never told me about the second rule!!!

S: 18st6lb C: 16st8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 42.4 Loss: 1st12lb(10.08%)
Oh dear, when the doc gave me the pills he didn't mention anything about fat and calories, just said to avaid high fat, i asked for some advise and he said just follw a low fat diet and try not to comsume more than 15g of fat per meal. so this is what i have been doing reading every label and makeing sure it wasn't over 15g.
well he never mentioned the 5% rule!!! this makes alot more sence as something contain 50% fat but may only be 10g per serving? has anyone else made this mistake.
i have been trying to follow both now so hope to get better results, especially after 2 bad weekends!!!
lets hope this works

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kes

Gold Member
S: 232lb C: 179.8lb G: 140lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 52.2lb(22.5%)
forgive me for sounding a little confused...
ive picked up the pretty little blue pills (as i call them) lol. and the doc has told me eactly that to stay below 15g per meal...
whats this about 5%???
i am so confused

S: 16st4lb C: 15st12lb G: 12st12lb Loss: 0st6lb(2.63%)
I just try and keep below 5-6g of fat per meal so if half a tin of something is 0.9 and i want the whole tin i will count double the fat.Its does take some getting used too..whatever you do , do not have butter , 10g contains 5g of fat , I have cut it out completley....Good luck ladies x

kae

gunna be a fatty for ever
S: 17st4lb C: 16st7lb G: 14st3lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st11lb(4.55%)
what it is, is you have to check how many grams of fat per 100g are in EVERYTHING you eat. If its over 5grams it is possible u will get side effects and the tablets will not work to the full effect!

hope thats cleared it up ladies!

Kes

Gold Member
S: 232lb C: 179.8lb G: 140lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 52.2lb(22.5%)
I just try and keep below 5-6g of fat per meal so if half a tin of something is 0.9 and i want the whole tin i will count double the fat.Its does take some getting used too..whatever you do , do not have butter , 10g contains 5g of fat , I have cut it out completley....Good luck ladies x
what about things like olive spread (light) not sure what that is, but would you have that instead of straight butter...
oh ive got to get my head around a lot of things......ehhhhh

S: 18st6lb C: 16st8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 42.4 Loss: 1st12lb(10.08%)
well, from what i can gather is if the fat is over 5g of fat per 100 grammes then its a nono. even if the whole meal is under the 15g of fat total.
ie pre packed sandwich says 7.7g fat per sandwich
but was 9g fat per 100g, its 9% fat so still stay clear.
does this make sense???

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss Diaries 5
Weight Loss Diaries 15
Introductions 0
Pregnancy Without The Pounds 8
Strugglers and Restarters 7