OH DEAR, doc never told me about the second rule!!!

colescrabb

Oh dear, when the doc gave me the pills he didn't mention anything about fat and calories, just said to avaid high fat, i asked for some advise and he said just follw a low fat diet and try not to comsume more than 15g of fat per meal. so this is what i have been doing reading every label and makeing sure it wasn't over 15g.
well he never mentioned the 5% rule!!! this makes alot more sence as something contain 50% fat but may only be 10g per serving? has anyone else made this mistake.
i have been trying to follow both now so hope to get better results, especially after 2 bad weekends!!!
lets hope this works

forgive me for sounding a little confused...
ive picked up the pretty little blue pills (as i call them) lol. and the doc has told me eactly that to stay below 15g per meal...
whats this about 5%???
i am so confused

I just try and keep below 5-6g of fat per meal so if half a tin of something is 0.9 and i want the whole tin i will count double the fat.Its does take some getting used too..whatever you do , do not have butter , 10g contains 5g of fat , I have cut it out completley....Good luck ladies x

what it is, is you have to check how many grams of fat per 100g are in EVERYTHING you eat. If its over 5grams it is possible u will get side effects and the tablets will not work to the full effect!

hope thats cleared it up ladies!

I just try and keep below 5-6g of fat per meal so if half a tin of something is 0.9 and i want the whole tin i will count double the fat.Its does take some getting used too..whatever you do , do not have butter , 10g contains 5g of fat , I have cut it out completley....Good luck ladies x

what about things like olive spread (light) not sure what that is, but would you have that instead of straight butter...
oh ive got to get my head around a lot of things......ehhhhh

well, from what i can gather is if the fat is over 5g of fat per 100 grammes then its a nono. even if the whole meal is under the 15g of fat total.
ie pre packed sandwich says 7.7g fat per sandwich
but was 9g fat per 100g, its 9% fat so still stay clear.
does this make sense???

thanks

Back