Oh dear, oh dear ..... Oh dear

I celebrated my 5 days attack finale with a night fuelled with 2 bottles of wine, various shots of strong alcohol, a slice of birthday cake and topped that up today with a hangover cure roast dinner and chocolate fudge cake .... Yes I feel utter rubbish

So ..... Do I do attack again or go straight to cruise ... ?

For the record, I don't recommend anyone has alcohol when you aren't having carbs in your diet! I was sick and in bed like a party pooper at 11pm - I couldn't even stand :-( and I can usually handle my drink VERY well!

Huge huge fall off the wagon .... :-(

I think the first thing to do is to work out why you felt the urge to jump off the wagon in such a spectacular way!

Until you know what prompted it you won't know how to resist it next time.

I don't have an excuse .... It was my best friends birthday and I chose to drink .... And be daft :-( I'm feeling bad for it now but have prepared all my meals for this week to keep me on track

Do I do attack again or start on cruise? I haven't had my first week weigh in yet (haha)

Well I jumped off the wagon last week, at an industry event last week (steak and chips, gin, ice cream at midnight, cherries for breakfast).

In the aftermath - I drank lots of water, walked as much as possible and did two days pure protein, just to re-establish ketosis.

So I wouldn't redo attack, just start cruise with PP, and no tolerated items, just to make sure.

But some of the more experienced members may have better advice....

Hey sweet these things happen, can feel for your low carb related hangover though I had one after one glass of wine! I say stick at it! Start your cruise with a pp day or two and just accept this is a lifestyle change for the long run not a short term fix
Xxx

Hi, Woody. I think that is quite a lot of carbs to be honest (as alcohol is carbs!) and if it's more than a 100g of carbs, which I think it is, it will knock you right out of ketosis. What you did sounds like what my boyfriend did today if you read my "Mcdonalds eaten" thread. He's on the cyclic ketogenic diet and went nuts! Far worse than you. So don't feel bad.
If i were you, I'd probably either do a couple days PP or a couple days attack to get your body back in ketosis. Also some exercise to accelerate it.
I think you should speak with your friends about your new lifestyle so that they understand what you're doing and before you know it, they'll be correcting you if you get tempted. I wanted to eat a handful of peanuts yesterday and my friend reminded me, "they are not allowed on your diet".

Thanks everyone! I'm back on the wagon today and feel v disappointed in myself! But I'm back here - it is a big lifestyle change and in the long term, I know I can do this,

My friends are all very supportive but I only have myself to blame - I bought the wine and consumed it and if they had warned me off drinking it I'd have probably told them where to go ;-)

I'm going to stay on pp until my weigh in on Wednesday morning and go into cruise from there. It's alcohol that's my big downfall because alot of things i do with friends is based around it!

Thanks everyone for your support xxx

Yes, definitely try to get your friends on board so they can support you next time. I managed to resist at my BBQ yesterday but my his was it hard when people are trying to persuade you to join in the drinking games! If they'd been MY usual mates, I probably would have had twit support...but them army friends know how to drink!

Me, too, I fell off the wagon over the weekend, but it was a deliberate jump and I had been planning it for weeks! It was my friend's birthday and I knew I wouldn't be able to resist her delicious food, nor would I want to, knowing what a huge effort she would put in for us all.

The whole meal was delicious, and I had a couple of glasses of wine - first bit of alcohol since I started. When I weighed myself this morning, I was the same as before the weekend. So no damage done. I did a PP day yesterday which was no hardship at all - slipped into it as easy as (non-pastry) pie and am just going to carry on as normal with Cruise this week.

:)

I thought alcohol would be a problem for me too - and I have jumped four times in four months.

But actually I found that drinking sparkling water with a slice and lemon meant that it looked as if I was joining in. And I did have as good a time sober as tipsy, which shouldn't have surprised me, but did.

I weighed this morning and I'm still 4IB down ... Same as I was pre-disaster zone .... Phhhhhew!

That's great Woody, but don't relax and think you can repeat this kind of event and always get away with it - every time you lapse it's harder to get back into the diet, and your body will build up a resistance so it will become harder and harder to lose the weight.

Sounds like you've been lucky this time, but try and resist in future!

must have been a weekend for falling off, mine problem was a hen night and an atrocious one at that but i was very good, then yesterday went stupid, unfortunately I cannot handle pressure and i caved in, I have an ou assignment due in a week and that was my cause, I am 2lb up this week so doing 2 pp days, so annoyed with myself but back to being good today, but annoyed that I am feeling the dreaded hunger :(

Good luck today :)

Back