oh god - what can i do!!!!

I agree, the more water you drink, will help to keep things subtle!
Scan bran are very good at unblocking things too!!
I hope your problem gets sorted out soon Huni...I know what its like and I sympathise with you.

xx

yeah think thats my prob, i only seem to drink coffe in the day, ive been drinking lots of weak cordial today though x am gonna get hubby to try the massage thing xx

Lots of water... and you could try something like Fibogel, though that might take a day or so to work its way through, and you will f@rt a lot in the meantime!

Another food type remedy... don't know if you like West Indian food at all, but there is a vegetable they use called Kalalloo. You can buy it in tins and I often buy in the world section of Tesco or any big supermarket. It's sort of a cross between spinach and kale. I just saute up some onions and red pepper and a bit of chili, chuck in the drained kalalloo and a small tin of chopped tomatoes and use it as a vegetable side dish. It's good for getting you moving.

Thinking about it, I have a recipe for Supergreen Kale Soup, from my You Are What You Eat cookbook which is also very good at getting you moving again. I'll post the recipe if you're interested.

I've posted the recipe for Kale Soup in the recipes section. It's a good thing for getting everything moving again. I quite like it once I get used to the strong taste of kale. :)

I've never been constipated (I have Crohn's Disease so it's the other way for me!!) but my hubby often is and he swears by prunes, grapes (especially last thing at night) and Linwoods Milled Organic Flaxseed (available in large supermarkets) - just sprinkle on cereal, hope you get sorted soon! xx

I get scan bran from Holland and Barrett.

Coffee does it for me. I have to make sure i have plenty of fibre foods to stop me from getting "bunged up" like wholemeal cereals and bread, chick peas and things like that in a salad are great on a green day. As someone else said drinking plenty of water as well will help prevent problems in the future.

Hope you feel better soon...

A self massage might help. Follow the route of elimination

From your right thigh area ... UP the right side ... your right side .... across under the tummy button, then DOWN on the left hand side towards your left thigh area then across the base. Keep that circular movement going ... gently or a bit more intense. You could even use your knuckles.

That will encourage elimination.

Don't forget to drink plenty of water.

Last edited:
I was never constipated in my life till I started S/W, Lot's of fruit and veg has the opposite effect on me, whatever you do don't force yourself, I have suffered for the last few months because I did, and I mean suffered!!!! and it is the real reason why I have'nt been as commited to plan as I was, I wish i had used mild laxatives!

Do you have mostly original or green days? I find I can get constipated on a lot of protein but the complete opposite on green - I go for England!!!

I have some fab capsules which I keep in the cupboard for such an occasion, they are called "digestive stimulator" and you can order them online from the Blue Herb Company. They're expensive but they work in a matter of hours. They are sold as part of a "colon cleanse" package, but you can buy them on their own (like I do).

hi peeps, thanks for all your advice, ive tried lots of things last night and today and FINNALLLY we have lift off!! unfortunately i was sick in rth process!! arrrg god, well yesterday eveing hubby done the massage thing that some of u taught me, then i took 2 constipation releif tablets before i went to sleep, got up this morning and still nothing, i then pour a bup of hot water with some fresh juice of a lime (didnt have lemon) but still.... nothing! so i thought im gonna have a mega strong coffe (3tsp) and my god ive gone 4 times today!! but it made me feel so sick, i was actually sick!!! arrrg!! feel a lot better now though x dear me, what a nightmare!! i think i will carry on with the massage everyday to try and eliminate that from happening again!! i do mostly Extra easy days now so im getting quite a variety??...

I spoke to my Dr about it when I last saw them and they said to try more Bran, Scan Bran, Golden Linseed and to put it in a yoghurt (but this has a syn value per tablespoon apparently) and she prescribed some Fibrogel - even though its probably cheaper to get it over the counter rather than on prescription!!!! xxx

It might be the fibre. I had this problem for years and the doctor has done all sorts of tests on me. I had to keep a food diary for a few months along with a 'toilet' dairy haha! Anyways the doc said that if I eat too much fibre it blocks me up! weird because most people are the opposite. Bananas can cause constipation aswell, do you eat alot of them?

Back