OH is cooking cauliflower cheese

msblonde

a new way of living!
so why can i smell baked beans!

I'm hiding up here till he has finished, then will go and have my last shake of the day.

saw batman at the cinema tonight, it was really good, could smell popcorn everywhere and hear people chomping away... i was dead jealous till the lights came on and loads of people were - shall i say - on the large size, and it reminded me of why i am doing this diet in the first place! lol

but i really could do some damage to a tin of baked beans right now! (did i really say that??) :eek:

Last edited:
Ooooo Cauliflower cheese ... funny isn't it - when you're not on a diet the simplest of foods sounds wonderful yet I wouldn't cook it for myself if I wasn't on a diet ......yum :)

I saw the batman film tonight too and felt exactly the same. The OH had a fizzy drink and popcorn and i sat there with my water!!! i could have killed him.

Well really, the smell of ANYTHING is a killer!:cry:
There is a WRVS Tea-Bar just opposite my department in the hospital and they do BACON BUTTIES :drool::drool: :eek: The smell of them tears me up (but I'm not hungry)
Last night I went to see Mama Mia and I also found the smell of popcorn hard to take, and normally can take or leave it.
Still, God help us, we're all human and are programmed to want to eat when we smell good things.
WE JUST FLUFFING WELL WON'T!! :D

My sense of smell is so acute these days I smelt an orange from the other side of the office lol

Very satisfying it was too :D

Lol...nuts!:D

OMG I love cauliflower cheese!! (Dribbling now!) xx

hehehe sorry folkes started a dribbing contest! when i got down stairs the kitchen was a bomb site, i had a 'cob on' so i cleaned up and then had a pop at keith for eating! doh, what elese is the poor bloke supposed to do! lol.

to be honest the dirty dishes did enough to put me off food for a while, i hate smelly kitchens, before i was on LT, if the kitchen was a mess i couldn't eat until i'd cleaned it! it turns my stomach. weird eh? should be skinny already!

lol howdy i can smell an orange at 100 paces too! i love the smell.

It's the buffets at work that kill me. Every Wednesday I chair a meeting that starts at 9, and at 11 we have two trays of Bacon butties delivered!!!! I leave the room till they all finished, its murder.

Then once a month we have a team meeting and they have hot steak pasties!!!!!!!

Although I must admit it's a lot better now than it was, as I go further into diet the smells affect me less.

omg bacon!!!!!!!

there is no escaping the lure of bacon!

well done you for repeatedly resisting! that takes some cahoona's! ;)

I went to the local quiz night on Tues and sat there for the first time ever with a pint of water. I could smell beer all the time which I had never noticed before (Yuck)Everyone ate crisps and I wanted to just have one little tiny one - even a lick would have been nice because they smelt so good. But didn't :D
Trish x

cankster I'd say you deffo deserve a medal for that! how rude....

Funny how the stupidest food items just get lodged in your head... I was thinking about jammy dodgers for about 2 weeks, then I tried a bit and they tasted yuk! weird huh.. since then I've realised that things never taste as good as you think they will so they're just not worth it!

I went to see Mama Mia last night and the smell of popcorn was very nice - and I don't even like popcorn! Just as well as my sis was sat next to me and she and her friend were making short work of a bagfull!

Mmmmmmmmm, bacon buttie, that would be yummy!!!!!!!

x

still want baked beans on toast ;) crickey i bet that would blow me up and bloat me like anything now!

i am actually fancing less and less food as time goes on, heaven knows what i'll eat when i come off lt, i wont fancy anything!

Cauliflower cheese is the devils food as far as I am concerned, just have never been able to stomach the smell (like cheese - hate melted cheese and cheesy sauces), you couldnt pay me to eat it!

I agree with you hanloje on the never "tastes as good as you think" front. Fish and chips are a classic for that. I sometimes get unstoppable cravings for F&C (prior to LT!!!) so give in, the greasy after taste etc etc never improves, its the same every time, so why do we do it!

My sense of smell with food is 500% what it was, thats the hardest thing with this diest. It would be sooooooooo much easier to deal with if you were allowed one incy whincy itsy bitsy TAKE-AWAY a week!!!!!

oooh like a chicken chop suey??

;)

Back