OH *not* being helpful!!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by RealFireflies, 28 October 2011 Social URL.

1. RealFireflies

RealFireflies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Grrr!!!

My usually wonderful, supportive OH who has stood by me through uni, allowed me to move 170 miles away from him to be with family and is generally my knight in shining armour... has one vice. He doesn't support my weight loss.

He makes all the right noises, oh you're doing really well, I'm really proud of you... Then we have massive cuffufles like today, where he's arguing with me that I should be able to have a "cheat day" every week where I can pig out on whatever I want - Not helpful, as he knows that given that opportunity, my list of sins can include an entire tub of Ben and Jerrys, family sized chocolate bars, multi-packs of crisps and the usual suspects.

When I bring him up on it and say that it's not what I want to do, he argues that I go to the gym enough and I'm good enough through the week that I'm just making myself miserable by resisting temptation - No dear, I'm making myself miserable by eating myself into obesity!!

Anyone else struggle with their better halves?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Oh dear! Maybe you should have a chat with him about what's actually involved in the diet and what you can and can't do.

My OH is pretty supportive but it's not easy when one of you is on the diet and the other isn't as you're going to have to sit there while they eat. I've been pretty lucky that my OH likes a lot of things I don't so she's using the chance to have them, not so bad watching them eat when you don't like what they're having!

4. RealFireflies

RealFireflies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I've tried that. He's trying to loose weight too and uses calorie counting (and constantly slates WW against it!) and then "stores" calories to use on his "cheat days" - Trying to make him see sense just isn't happening!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.