Oh Oh Good news yet not so good !!

babymable

Good news is ive lost weight, so much so that my wedding dress doesnt fit me anymore lol. So it's a panic to try and find someone last minute to take it in. I really didnt think Xenical would work this fast or great on me.

Oh that's fantastic news!!! You'll have no problems finding someone to take it in for you!!!! What's you dress like?

It's a strapless gown with ruching at the right hand side. LOL When I lift my arms up it falls down haha.

haha that's not gonna be a good look!!! What colour have you gone for? Have you enjoyed the whole wedding planning experience? It was our 1st wedding anniversary on 5th and i'd do it all over again in a second it's such an amazing day you're going to want it to last forever!!!!

I kinda enjoyed some of it lol. Long story....
I'm from Canada and I booked a trip to Scotland 2 years ago, I need to get away. While I was looking up stuff to do I came across this guy from Scotland on this chat site and messaged him asking him a few questions about any good pubs to go to or places to avoid. We messaged each other other back and forth for a few days then he asked if he could call me. The first night we talked on the phone was for 7 hours lol. And when we hung up we both said I love you at the same time, it just felt right lol.
Anywho, When I came to Scotland for my trip he met me at the airport and I spent the whole 2 weeks with him. I didnt want to leave, he asked me to come back and move in with me, It was a huge decision but I packed up and moved over. So im here with no family and no friends lol. Basically come September I would have to go back to Canada because my Visa would run out so it was a quick decision to get married.
We wanted a small wedding of me, him and his mom and dad, to cut the costs back. Then we were going to have a big wedding next year when we could afford it. But his sister was mad that she couldnt come so we paid extra for to have more guests. Then his mom said we should have it on a Saturday because her family from England couldnt get down on a thursday, so the fee went from £110 for 2 witnessess to £170 with guests to £250 for guests on a saturday. Then she said since all these people were coming we would have to have a reception, we didnt budget for this at all, she offered to cook all the food and said she could get us a DJ for £80. So I agreed. Yupp 2 months before the wedding the DJ is double booked so we now are paying £120, and the mom says she wont have time to cook the food but she will pay for someone else to do it. Then 1 month before the wedding she says she cant afford to give us anything. So we were stuck having to come up with a extra £300 1 month beofre teh wedding. I havent been able to work since last Nov when my Visa expired so we were doing all this on 1 wage. What pees me off is that we did all this for everyone else, its not what we wanted but we wanted to make everyone else happy. BIG MISTAKE. His mom has the nerve to say '' What do you expect on such short notice'' lol, they knew since Feb we were getting married and not once did we ask anyone for help, she offered, and we will never again accept. Sorry but I really needed to get that out (not even the half of what has gone on ) lol.
Anyways back to your question lol
Our colours are black and silver and it's a star themed wedding.

Oh wow that's great you lost that weight. I'm sure the dress will take in well.

Have a lovely day and please show us some pics when you get a chance.

:love047:

ooooh sounds like a normal wedding plan to me!!! Mother in laws! eh who'd have them!!!

Well i hope the day is magical for you both!! Bugger every one else!!
Love the theme sounds lovely!!

I second what Karen says!! Pics plz!!:D:D:D

Love katie

Ps well done you!! Hope you can get the dress altered in time xxxx

Thanks, Will upload some when I have a chance.

well done on the weight loss. the wedding theme sounds gorgeous can't wait to see some pics.

what a romantic meeting sounds like something from a movie or book:D

i am lucky no mother in law not even with my ex (well she was in another country.):rolleyes:;)

:love047:

ooooh sounds like a normal wedding plan to me!!! Mother in laws! eh who'd have them!!!

Well i hope the day is magical for you both!! Bugger every one else!!
Love the theme sounds lovely!!

I second what Karen says!! Pics plz!!:D:D:D

Love katie

Ps well done you!! Hope you can get the dress altered in time xxxx
Oh Katie you do make me laugh - you say exactly what id say re the 'outlaws' aka inlaws!
Babymable - Im sure your wedding day will be superb, just remember it is about you two and tell everyone its your day your way !! xx

Sorry i went AWOL babymable, been mega busy with work last 3 days. Aww i think it's lovely how you both met, i met my husband from t'internet too lol, amazing tool that it is!!! IT amazing how many stressful things that do happen when you're planning a wedding, the worst that happened to us was well i'd had this feeling of impending doom from about 6months before the weeding (we planned it for 2yrs) and decided to get wedding insurance. As we'd been planning for so long we'd paid off a lot of things along the way and had arranged for these special vintage replicas that cost £800 because there was a 35mile journey between the church and the hotel well i found out accidentily 17days before the wedding that the company had gone bust but they weren't telling any of their clients they just weren't turning up on the day in the majority of cases and in others they were turnning up explaining to the bride the company had gone bust but as a gesture of good will they would do the weddng on the proviso that they get paid £200 cash on the day, well of course you'd just pay it if you could wouldnt you, well i wouldnt coz we'd already paid £800 and i thought it was all a big con, so i spent the next 15 days having sleepless nights trying to find a vintage car that could travel 70mile round trip over country roads and then find the money to pay for it and on the day they turned up 2hrs late coz they got lost lol. Still the wedding insurance paid up about 2 months later for the other cars but it was just a horrible experience.

You just have to keep telling yourself that at the end of the day you're going to marry your soul mate and on the day screw everyone else its just the 2 of you that matter and every sleepless night and every evening of pulling your hair out stressing over how you're going to get things soted will all just blur into insignificance when you get to the top of that aisle and see the man youre going to spend the rest of your life with. :) xxx

Ohh I would have been fuming if that happened to me, although if anything does goes wrong on the wedding day im going to try and not get upset. The only thing keeping me going is knowing im marrying the bestest guy ever !!
What I am stressing over is after we get married I need to apply for another Visa to stay here as his wife and they can deny me if they wanted to, so then I would be married but not be able to live in the UK, which would kill me. But I have my fingers crossed I get accepted as they have no reason to deny me.

well doneo n the weight loss and if you cant get teh dress adjusted.....pad your boobies up a bit so it stays put lol

and boob tape...you can make teh dress stay that way too x

LOL, Good thinking. I hope I will be alright. Im going to stop taking the pills a few days before the wedding as I dont want any accidents especially in a white dress. So maybe I will put on enough weight to hold it up lol

Back