Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

In my local co-op the store has had a huge restructure and now they're stocking a range of Free From foods which is very useful to me; being so close to home.
This morning I decided to buy a box of Honey coated puffed rice breakfast cereal. Contains: Italian brown rice, golden syrup, honey and sugar. I did a SW calculation of a 30g serving....5 1/2 syns. Fairly high I guess for a breakfast cereal. I haven't eaten any for a very long time and as it's rice it should suit me. I'll add unsweetened soya milk (HeA)

Breakfast: Options - 2 syns, chopped fresh fruit & Alpro plain yogurt (HeA)

Lunch: jacket potato, tuna (HeB) mayo - 1/2 syn, 30g feta (HeA) 1/2 plate mixed salad, fat free french dressing.

Snack: Options - 2 syns, small bar 70% chocolate - 7 syns

Supper: Ryvita minis (HeB) fresh fruit, sunbites - 6 syns.

Total syns - 17 1/2.

your food today looks very yummy

Breakfast: Options - 2 syns, chopped fresh fruit & Alpro plain yogurt (HeA)

Lunch: jacket potato, tuna (HeB) mayo - 1/2 syn, 30g feta (HeA) 1/2 plate mixed salad, fat free french dressing.

Snack: Options - 2 syns, small bar 70% chocolate - 7 syns

Supper: Ryvita minis (HeB), baked beans, fresh fruit,

Total syns - 11 1/2.

Decided to cut back on the syns a little!!

Walked for 80 mins today!

Thanks Chug...I try!

Last edited:
Are sunbites the only crisps you can have as there are loads that are now 4 or 5 syns nowadays

Slept good last night. Scales down 3/4lb.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Options - 2 syns, Free From Puffed Rice cereal 30g -5.5 syns, 125ml soya milk - *part HeA, banana & strawberries.

(Picnic) Lunch: SW quiche - potato, peppers, onion, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, 3 eggs, 30g soya cheese - HeB, grapes, nectarine.

Snack: Options - 2 syns, small choc bar - 7 syns, small ice cream cone (?) (Wouldn't have had the choc if I'd known I was going to agree to the ice cream!!)

Supper: fresh fruit.
Total syns: 16.5 + ice cream....:sigh:

Walked for over 2 hrs along a very chilly blowy seafront!! Brrr!!

Slept good last night. Scales down 3/4lb.

Saturday:

Breakfast: Options - 2 syns, Free From Puffed Rice cereal 30g -5.5 syns, 125ml soya milk - *part HeA, banana & strawberries.

(Picnic) Lunch: SW quiche - potato, peppers, onion, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, 3 eggs, 30g soya cheese - HeB, grapes, nectarine.

Snack: Options - 2 syns, small choc bar - 7 syns, small ice cream cone (?) (Wouldn't have had the choc if I'd known I was going to agree to the ice cream!!)

Supper: fresh fruit.
Total syns: 16.5 + ice cream....:sigh:

Walked for over 2 hrs along a very chilly blowy seafront!! Brrr!!

I'm sure you have walked that ice cream off and think how often do you treat yourself to something like that.

Oh yes....I always have a good look at the scales Chug!! :D

Today....scales were down 3/4lb...good!

Sunday:

Breakfast: Options, fresh fruit & Alpro yogurt

Snack: sunbites & free from 2 biscuits (lunch wasn't until 3pm!)

Lunch: Carvery....one yorkshire & plate of veggies for me. Slice of hot choc fudge cake, (no cream or ice cream!)

Snack: Options

Supper: Ryvita minis, greengages.

Haven't attempted to total syns today.

Chocolate fudge cake yuuuummmyyy hmmm I could just eat that now myself but I darn't I haven't had chocolate for 1 week and 2 days which is a record for me but I have to admit its been hard but I've had to do it.

Does choc fudge cake not contain cream in the filling and iced frosting topping ? if it doesnt maybe I was better then I thought as I only had a slice of cake. Nothing with it.

No. mine was all chocolate cake served hot and with hot choc sauce. It's always served like that down here it seems.

Scales up 1/4lb so not too much damage from yesterday...gonna be a lean & mean day for me! :p

Breakfast: Options (2) banana, grapes, nectarine, strawberries chopped with Alpro plain yogurt (HeA)

Lunch: Tilapia (HeB) jacket potato, steamed broccoli, runner beans & carrots.

Snack: Options (2) small 70% choc bar (7)

Supper: minis (HeB) fresh fruit

Total syns: 11

Last edited:
To be honest you could call that an EE day and not class the tilapia as a hex b and you have still stayed on track.

As that is exactly what a good ee day looks like and you wouldn't have needed to weigh out the fish.

I was told if you were constantly having fish on green or potatoes or pasta on red as your hexs then you might as well switch to EE unless you are having proper fibre portions like ryvita bread nuts etc then it isnt worth using a hex b on meat or fish or starchy carbs

Back