Oh to be a consistent Target Member!!

Oh I have no idea re soup or salad it is just something I might do.

I am probably going to bow out of the salad challenge on Monday for a few weeks but I can always re visit it now I know what to do

I am pretty certain kay has a soup challenge in the winter.

Both challenges she has come up with herself based around SW principles

Day 1 (of week 2)
Green day - carbs

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, plum, grapes, nectarine with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: (Free) Lentils, savoury rice, peas. (SF) cauliflower, carrots. (savoury rice was leftover from the paella I made yesterday for my husband)

Snack: Options (2) small bar 85% choc (7)

Supper: (SF) mixed salad, soya cheese (Hex B) 1 dsp pumpkin seeds & 1 of sunflower seeds (Hex B), pear

Total syns 11 + some for the savour rice...I didn't make it SW friendly, added some tomato salsa which came from Lidl, Spanish so will have had some oil in it.
Water 2+ litres
Walking 30 mins

Considering I was sorely tempted to run amok amongst all sorts of foodies and chocolate when I got home....I was pleased that I actually just sat down calmly with a cup of Options...:D Maybe there's hope for this target member!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, I'll look out for it at that time. Who knows where we'll be weight wise by then! You will have had your lovely birthday trip too.

Just wanted to thank you for your support and advice Jaffa. Like I said I normally feel so stressed before weigh in but having someone to share those feelings with really helped me stay calmer. Plus I knew I'd done the work for a whole week so there was nothing to be concerned about.

Well....where to start! This morning at home I was down another 3/4lb. Weighed myself fully clothed and that meant I was at my lowest target weight permitted. But when I got to group I was 1/2lb under target!! Was not expecting that!! I'm sure I can get that back up again though! ha ha!!

Then we voted for Woman of the Year! I was one of five ladies asked to give a little resume of our SW journeys, so that was an honour even to be voted for. A lovely lady was the winner. Then...I won a raffle prize...basket of fresh veggies!!

So have been thinking about the salad challenge and whether to continue. I have certainly reined in my bad habits during last week which is a good thing.
I'm thinking that I'll have a carb option every day and see how I do with that?

Hello Janet :wavey:,

I'm glad you've found The Salad Challenge inspiring and it has worked for you. I'm so happy you worked hard and had a fab loss at the end of it :D. It would have been great for the others to have seen your wonderful salad posts on the thread :). Don't worry hun your not the only one on mins that has been doing it `unofficially' there are many tweaked versions going around lol. :p I do not mind at all, but cannot vouch for the results. It's good that you are working on a way that works for you. Good luck with week 2, I hope you do super hun ;).

Kay xx

Didn't sleep brilliantly last night, I was cold...think the 10.5tog duvet will be on the bed tonight!

Decided that today had better be an off (unofficial) challenge day. Walked for 2hrs this morning so very late lunch = hungry!!

Green day:

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, grapes, nectarines with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: 2 Indian- spiced 1/4 pounders (8 1/2 each!​) frylight roasted squash, steamed carrots & cabbage and mashed swede.

Snack: Options (2) small choc bar (7)

Last edited:
Didn't sleep brilliantly last night, I was cold...think the 10.5tog duvet will be on the bed tonight!

Decided that today had better be an off (unofficial) challenge day. Walked for 2hrs this morning so very late lunch = hungry!!

Green day:

Breakfast: Options (2) (SF) chopped banana, grapes, nectarines with Alpro plain yogurt (Hex A)

Lunch: 2 Indian- spiced 1/4 pounders (8 1/2 each!​) frylight roasted squash, steamed carrots & cabbage and mashed swede.

Snack: Options (2) small choc bar (7)

Supper: some choc ice cream and bag of sunbites.

Yes, really enjoyed my off plan day...back to it tomorrow though. :D

Last edited:
Got them in Morrison's, they weren't listed so had to use the SW calculator...may have got it wrong but they were 207 cals each. They were very nice, just shouldn't have had 2! Don't usually buy prepared food like that.

Yes good to have a day off after all my diligence...not used to that!! :eek:

How was your day...or have you posted that?

Hi Janet

Just popping in to see how you doing. Sorry I haven't been in for a while. Its all looking good as always. I have to admit I have those temptations sometimes when I just fancy a burger. We went shopping yesterday to Lidl and was going to buy pizza for my brother I was so tempted but I resisted and decided to make my own lol.

Keep up the good work.

Hi Chug,
These were veggie burgers and very tasty...could have been worse, could have put them in buns but thankfully I don't eat bread (or hardly ever!)
Good for you making your own pizza. I buy a big one for my husband sometimes. When I get it home I cut it in 4 and freeze it. That way he can have a piece as and when.
Have a good Bank Holiday w/e.

Back