OK, Carole's starting a diary...............................

Well done Carole - you're doing fantastic!!!!!

Fab loss this week ! Know what you mean about the constipation mine is down to my painkillers but I so eat my oatbran but I can go a week without a visit from the fairy. I do drink plenty of water but I drink sparkling, I wonder if I changed to still if that would help.

Anyway keep going you're doing great x

The oatbran is to help with the cholestrol, it helps to reduce it.

With the amount of eggs and protein that we eat that have cholestrol we need something to help combat. It also helps keep us full LOL.

Try it as a porridge. I use 1 tbsp oatbran and ½tbsp wheatbran. Pour enough milk to just cover all the oatbran, it won't seem much at this time. MW for 1 min and stir. Put back in for half min but keep eye on it....can boil close to the top. If its too thick, add more milk at this point to make it nice consistency. I have this every single morning plus a yogurt.

I have my other half of allowances as muffins or bread. I alternative days with it. I make a batch of muffins from Trudy's recipe and this usually makes 12 so I freeze them and when its a muffin day I have 3 a day. Bread I make different ways but only eat the equivalent of that days half allowance. its a way to eat it without just addign it to a yogurt. LOL

Hello out there!!! I haven't been on here for a week and missing everyone!!

This week's weigh-in again took me by surprise. I was feeling a bit ill last week, flu-ey type thing that started with a sneezy/snuffly nose and gave me really bad headaches and exhaustion. Didn't actually feel ill funnily enough, just exhausted, but was worried that I might crave a carb-fest. Didn't happen though, which REALLY surprised me because usually when I'm ill, I eat and eat and eat and eat!!

I probably didn't eat as much as I should have, resulting in the 3lb loss, as I didn't have an appetite at all.

Forced myself to eat, and virtually lived on chicken (surprise!), and EL Laughing Cow. Oh, and SF Jelly, couldn't cope without that!

I'm sure the scales will make up for it next week though, but won't be disappointed as I've now got the 'feel-good' factor that I've now lost a total of 1 1/2 stones, AND also into the 13's!! Woohoo!!

I've also convinced myself that within another month, I'm sure to have re-discovered my collarbones!! LOL!

Good luck for the week ahead people. xx

Evening carole we missed you too xxx great you've proved to yourself through illness you never wavered off the Dukan path well done xxx inwards and downwards

Ooo fab carole, though being ill not so fab. great to get into another stone level and reach a milestone, good for you x

Great news hun, fab weightloss !!!!! Yep I had the lerg too, i think there are lots of bugs going round, well done on not comforting eating. It's really difficult when you aren't feeling well but you did !!!! Heres to another great week for you x

Thanks for all your support everyone, don't know what I'd do without this site.

I stayed the same this week, but I was half expecting it really. Because I was ill last week I didn't eat much at all, so thought my body would take this week to get back to normal. But I'm not disappointed (too much!), I know that the scales will show a difference next week.

Also, I must remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint!!!!! Can't complain though, I've still lost one and a half stone in eight weeks. WOOHOO!!!

PLUS, I'm thinking how much skinnier I will be by Christmas!! (I'm POSITIVE I will have collarbones by then! LOL!!)

Then it's my birthday in February, so I'm thinking the same, how much MORE skinny I will be by THEN!!

That's how my mind is working anyway, and it's working for me.

Positive thoughts for the week ahead everyone, and STAY STRONG!!

xx

Great positive post :) x

Carole positivity is the winning attitude. Your losses are great so far. You will start dropping again soon. Your body just needed to make its self well

Just catching up with some diaries, glad to see you doing well carole, hope the lerg has completely gone now x

Thanks girls. And feeling much better now DNSF.

I must admit to a sneaky peek at the scales this morning. Now, I don't usually do this (well I'm lying actually, I DO, but don't really take any notice until it's official weigh-in day), but was pleased to see that they reported a 2lb loss so far!!

So now that I've seen that, I'm spurred on even more! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this diet?? LOL!)

But saying that, it's TOTM so ANYTHING can happen between now and Tuesday morning.

On another note, and quite off topic, I have not been sleeping brilliantly lately. Didn't know if it was the diet, or hubby snoring and waking me, or whatever, but had a revelation the other night.

I realised it might be down to the fact that the bedroom is too light at night for me. We used to have a venetian blind, but hubby decided he wanted to replace that and got vertical instead. Also, the neighbour directly opposite has a security light which goes on when someone walks past and this shines in my bedroom, not directly, but you can certainly tell when it comes on! Also the local council replaced the street lighting in our road a few months ago.

This has all added to the fact that my bedroom is much lighter at night than it used to be. Now I'm someone who needs it to be as dark as possible in the bedroom, pitch black is perfect.

So I have just discovered blackout curtain linings!!!!! WOW, what a revelation!!! Can't tell you how much difference it has made!!! And can't believe I never thought of it sooner!

I know I sound like a right saddo, but I can't stop raving about them!! Ha ha ha ha!

The last two nights have been brilliant!!! I still wake up for a pee (nothing is EVER going to change that I don't think), but it's soooooo much easier getting to sleep!

WOOHOO FOR BLACKOUT CURTAIN LININGS!!!!!

Love it lol.....

Glad that you are sleeping better. My son wears one of those eye masks that you get on the aeroplane when he is finding it hard to sleep. He also downloaded the paul mckenna sleep cd from youtube & plays that. He says that after a the first listen, he has never managed to stay awake until the end of the cd!!!!!

I have an eye mask too, but I totally understand the light thing. Some people just don't set their security lights properly though

Fingers crossed for tuesday for you x

3lb loss this week! DOUBLE WOOHOO!!!!!

Went to a family party last weekend for my nephew's 21st. It was a house party so took my own drink (2 litre bottle of diet cream soda!) and drank that all night.

It's the first time since starting the diet that I've been surrounded by people drinking, and must admit, didn't even miss it. Hubby got a little bit carried away on the red wine though, and know that if I had been drinking, I would have been much the same. Wonderful waking up the next morning feeling fresh as a daisy though! It was also the first time I have got dressed up and worn a full face of make-up since starting, and I felt fantastic. Didn't worry about lumps and bumps and not feeling comfortable, just wore what I planned to wear, and even if I say so myself, looked good.

I'm super pleased with my loss this week, as it brings me ever closer to losing 2 stone. And the next figures I have in mind after that are getting into the 12's (stones, not size) and getting my BMI down to the magical 29.9 (just overweight, no longer OBESE).

It's good to see a few more new names on the forums too, can't help thinking that more people are figuring out that Dukan is the way to go!! I'm sooooo pleased I found this diet, it's been brilliant for me. If Dukan ever want an Ambassador, I will gladly travel the world on expenses telling everyone how fantastic the plan is (Anyone from Dukan listening?? I will need an ENORMOUS expense account, purely to buy new clothes as I shrink ever faster!!)

Oh well, it was worth a try! LOL!

Better get back to work now, lunchtime nearly over.

Have a good week everyone x

Lol great positive post carole. Well done on a fab loss

so positive carole, great stuff and really pleased for you that you are feeling so good and had a great time. Its a great way to feel eh? I agree Dukan all the way, we'll share those expenses eh?? So long as I get to go to hawaii and las vegas LOL. :D :D

Back