Ok here goes, my journey

Arrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh, throat is in a right state, so very sore & now going into my ears, I've now lost my voice too :(

Feel really run down, not had anything foodwise that I shouldn't have but I've not eaten a great deal as it hurts to swallow :(

Yep been to drs yesterday who said it was a viral infection & loads of people have different variations of it. Wouldn't prescribe me anything.

I'll be honest TDM came round earlier & brought me a tub of Ben & Jerrys ice cream & I've polished the lot off. It was sooooo soothing on my throat & was easy to eat as opposed to meat. Guess once I'm back to normal ill do a few PP days to get me back on track.

Well good on TDM! :D

Glad you enjoyed the ice-cream, Jo. Get well soon, honey and then you can jump back on the Dukan wagon.

P x

Get well soon Jo xxx

Cant click the like button theres nothing to like about you being ill - hope you will soon be feeling better. Loads of virus's around sickness and the other end too or sore throats and temps - not nice :(

aww hun, its bleeding awful, I hope u feel better soon, mine moved down my chest and my voice is still croaky, gp told me the same, it was viral, u checked ur throat? I had pus spots (still there) on mine;/ mine comes and goes, finished antibs he gave cos of sinus pain. My throat is not as sore, but my ear is so painful, an my sinus's an face are killin,, an had terrible chest pain into ribs all week....I'll get my coat, will go now and stop moaning!! hahahaha get well soon, (well jel re ben n jerrys ha!!)

Throat is still painful :( voice still not come back but I'm back on the Dukan plan today.

B Muffins & home made yogurt
L roast beef & chicken breast - ouch painful on the throat
D prawns, tofu creme
S sf jelly

Not sure if I'm doing R4L tomorrow, will see how I feel in the morning.

Hope everyone's ok, will try & catch up with diaries at the weekend

Put your health first jo xxx

Jo I just rremembered I froze choc flavour tofu creme and it was lush on throat ;-) xx

Well done for getting back on plan Jo, but don't beat yourself up if it goes Pete Tong.

Get well soon and, seriously, there will be other races.

P x

PS - are we referring to 'him' as knobhead or TDM at the moment? Just checking .... ;)

Morning Jo, hope your feeling better and if in dout, forget about the race or you will end up on a stretcher xxx

hope your feeling better today Jo :)

Ahh hope your feeling better chick!! there will be other races, you need to look after yourself!! Cx

I did it !!!!!!! So did Disney the miniature yorkie who I took with me. I sort of thought when she stopped so would I but she kept going & could have done more ! She got loads of attention, dressed her up as Minnie mouse - awwwwww dead cute, I'll see if I can post a picture later. She got a medal too for completing it.

Felt awful yesterday so after the race & getting soaked through, had a shower & went to bed & woke up this morning starving !

Throat is now feeling better & voice is now husky so I am on the mend.

So today I am back well & truly on the Dukan wagon.

TDM is still Mr Nobby not forgiven him yet but I do need to give him his birthday box as Dublin is about 4 weeks away. He has been attempting to look after me, but when I'm poorly I just like to be left alone so he was shoooed away a lot.

Got up this morning to a live injured pigeon in my kitchen !!!! Great ! The kindest thing would have been to put it out if it's misery but I just could do it so I threw a towel over it & took it down to the nearby woods.

Not sure what food will be today as I need to go shopping so will post later.

It's great to be back !

Back