Step 1 Sole Source Ok.... Here goes nothing....

Luvlaura said:
I think thats a good idea. You seem much happier this evening so if it keeps you on the right track why not :)

Im gonna do something similar. Stay on ss whenever i can but if im put in a position where i have to eat or im desparate for real food then il just switcb to ss+ ... Id rather that than fall off completely!

Ikeas the best for a long walk, it just goes on forever doesnt it :) xx

Yea I felt much more relaxed and in better spirits last nite ( weird how food and eating can have such an impact on your attitude) I'm a bit stressed I've ruined my losses, but we'll see tomorrow I guess..... Ah I wish it was easier....

I wish I could do slimming world and it work for me :( saw my auntie this morning who is doing slimming world and she is doing great, so far she has lost a stone. She said to me 'why don't you stop doing this fad diet and do something proper' it's hard enough to do this diet I think, without comments like that. She then went on to tell me if I do it till our holiday in November, when I go away ill pile the weight on,,, talk about adding pressure !!!!!!

Sometime I wish people around me were more supportive, it's bloody hard to do this diet sometime, and do people really not ink I'd prefer to do something like slimming world, where I can ea and still lose weight - it just doesn't work for me, I've tried it - twice, for a month per time, and it didn't work :(

Bahhhhhh - going to go and have my first shake - thanks t jellies advice, having my first shake earlier def makes it easier !!!

Peace xx

Still in ketosis - phewwwww !!!

Boyfriend eating toast - and omg. Feel like homer ' mmmmm toast' *droooools!!!!!!!!

Decent day, spent the morning drinking coffee and chatting to my mm and sister, went for a bit of a browse fund the shops to get me out of the house, and went to see my little bro for his birthday,

Yummy boyfriend made me equally yummy chicken and 1/4 cougette for my tea, lush lush lush ..... I had 2 packs and a chicken breast,

Hoping for good losses tomorrow night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love xx

Starry - a lot of people have a lot to say about this diet don't they?! When people say to me 'It's a fad diet -you'll put it all back on' I remind them that I lost 3 stone on WW (which we all know is NOT considered to be a faddy diet because you can eat food and wine) and put it all back on plus another few pounds so in my opinion the type of diet is irrelevant and its ALL about changing our attitudes to food and eating!

For me the difference is that I am eating no food and therefore its really making me think about when I am actually hungry, rather than bored! When I feel like eating because I'm stressed or feel emotional I do something else and then I feel so proud that I overcame it. With WW (which I am not knocking as a diet because it truly worked for me when I followed it) if I felt stressed I was able to eat...albeit slightly less than I would have wanted! I could have a glass of wine when I wanted if the points allowed for it and if I felt hungry, I could eat fruit for zero points or a low point snack.

My point is; WW was great for allowing me to lose weight but it didn't teach me about WHY I overeat and what my body actually needs. I'm really hoping that that's what will make this diet different and help me to keep the weight off.

My bug bear at the moment is people 'offering' advice about this diet-when they have never read about it or done it themselves?! They have 'heard' about it in the media and do not have the inclination to research it before giving me their two cents worth. From 'educating' people this past weekend (I have been away and everyone was very interested in the shakes and my weight loss!) I know at least three people who are now going to start the CWP! Can't be that bad then can it?!

Nikie said:
Starry - a lot of people have a lot to say about this diet don't they?! When people say to me 'It's a fad diet -you'll put it all back on' I remind them that I lost 3 stone on WW (which we all know is NOT considered to be a faddy diet because you can eat food and wine) and put it all back on plus another few pounds so in my opinion the type of diet is irrelevant and its ALL about changing our attitudes to food and eating!

For me the difference is that I am eating no food and therefore its really making me think about when I am actually hungry, rather than bored! When I feel like eating because I'm stressed or feel emotional I do something else and then I feel so proud that I overcame it. With WW (which I am not knocking as a diet because it truly worked for me when I followed it) if I felt stressed I was able to eat...albeit slightly less than I would have wanted! I could have a glass of wine when I wanted if the points allowed for it and if I felt hungry, I could eat fruit for zero points or a low point snack.

My point is; WW was great for allowing me to lose weight but it didn't teach me about WHY I overeat and what my body actually needs. I'm really hoping that that's what will make this diet different and help me to keep the weight off.

My bug bear at the moment is people 'offering' advice about this diet-when they have never read about it or done it themselves?! They have 'heard' about it in the media and do not have the inclination to research it before giving me their two cents worth. From 'educating' people this past weekend (I have been away and everyone was very interested in the shakes and my weight loss!) I know at least three people who are now going to start the CWP! Can't be that bad then can it?!

Yes I agree, it's very easy for people to mouth off their unfounded opinions without first knowing ( or bothering ) to get the full facts. I feel at the moment everywhere I go I get hassle about the diet, from family, friends, work colleagues.....anyone who finds out I'm doing it seems to have something to say, ranging from 'we are worried about you' to 'it won't work' to ' you'll pile it back on straight away after you stop'

I feel like I spend all my time explaining myself and trying to educate people, but they won't have it.....

Like I said in a previous post, I have tried other famous diets, and ss I know they work for other people, but I have never had success. Unfortunately with pcos my body struggles to process sugars ( from fruit, naughty goodies or otherwise) and so I found the more fruit and veg I ate, the less weigh I lost ....... It's sh1t sometimes and it can really get me down, bahhhhhhh !!

You are also very right in that doing a diet like ww or sw it doesn't give you chance to think about food and how much you eat, I particularly hated the aspect of sw, when they would tell us that 'you can eat as much free food as you like' ... Surely that's a red rag to a bull with someone who overeats..... Plus green days - PASTA - my carb monster had a field day, I was sticking to the diet and not losing, cause really its common sense not to eat plate fulls of pasta 2ce a day........

Bahhh - rant over :D

^^^ What Nikie said! If we could do WW or SW then dont they think we would? The fact is we have tried them all AND put the weight back on. So yes we may do with this diet too but at least we're more likely to get where we want to go due to the speed of weight loss! Also as you said it does re-educate you to listen "am I really hungry?" "do I just need a glass of water" and from personal experience, my stomach really shrank, I couldnt eat the volume that I Used to! :D

Keep with it Flubber fighters - We know we are doing the best thing for us :D

Bahhh !! They should put socks in their cake holes and leave us to it !! I'm getting weighed tonight, and would love to have a good loss, feel like I need it to boost my mood.....

It's really cold today, have had to flick the heating on, I could tell the house was too cold, as had a shower and forgot to close the bathroom door, set the smoke alarm off, jumped out of the shower with my hair lathered and my legs all soapy ( I was shaving them at the time !!!) slid across the bathroom floor grabbed the closest thing to hand ( my shirt ???) and had to stand in all my glory wafting my shirt around to stop the smoke alarm..... Lucky no- one was home to witness the disgrace !!! Ew !!

Oh Starry that made me laugh! Sorry that I am giggling at your misfortunate! Its just EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd do!!!!

I was talking to OH earlier re my post above-why I put the weight back on after WW- and he totally agrees. (He is doing SS with me!)

He is very concerned about putting the weight back on and he wants us to weigh in once a week to keep tabs on it. He knows that I avoid the scales like the plague if I feel 'bigger' so when I do go on, I'm invariably 2 stone heavier than before! His theory is once we get to goal, if we keep an eye on it we should only ever creep up by a few pounds and can do something about it straight away.

Starry-good luck for tonight! I shall be back on later to see how you did!

Hi, just wanted to stop by your diary and say thankyou for your support and you are doing really well...being on SS+ shouldnt effect your weight loss, last year I did 810Kcal and lost the same amount as I would on SS, I just dont feel strong enough to control the food at the moment hence SSing...everyone is different though! I know what you mean about what other people say about the diet...when I was 14 I spent two years losing 6stone, a few years ago I lose the same amount on cambridge in a fraction of the time....when I was a teen, I put the weight back on (and more) in about two years....with cambridge it took me about three years....so it actually took me longer to put the weight back on with cambridge than "healthy eating and exercise". If done properly its a healthy diet plan. Keep up the good work!

Well...... Just been to see my CDC..... I'm in total and complete shock.........

I've lost14lbs - yes people, ONE WHOLE STONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally shocked and can't believe it, I jumped ff the scales and back on again to be sure........

Ill be back in a bit when I've had chance to calm down........ Xx

Well...... Just been to see my CDC..... I'm in total and complete shock.........

I've lost14lbs - yes people, ONE WHOLE STONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally shocked and can't believe it, I jumped ff the scales and back on again to be sure........

Hehehe....CONGRATULATIONS...thats fantastic! Bet you feel amazing!

Hi honey!

Youve been busy havent you! Loved the shower story....nearly spat out my water!! Haha.

Im waiting patiently for the results..........????!! Xx

starry*eyed<3 said:

OMG!!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!! Well done, aaw im so pleased for you!!!!!

Bet that makes it all worth it :) youve done sooo well. Eeeee!

Speak when youve calmed down lol xx

Well done, that's an AMAZING loss. Bet your grinning from ear to ear xxx

Big Girl said:
Hi, just wanted to stop by your diary and say thankyou for your support and you are doing really well...being on SS+ shouldnt effect your weight loss, last year I did 810Kcal and lost the same amount as I would on SS, I just dont feel strong enough to control the food at the moment hence SSing...everyone is different though! I know what you mean about what other people say about the diet...when I was 14 I spent two years losing 6stone, a few years ago I lose the same amount on cambridge in a fraction of the time....when I was a teen, I put the weight back on (and more) in about two years....with cambridge it took me about three years....so it actually took me longer to put the weight back on with cambridge than "healthy eating and exercise". If done properly its a healthy diet plan. Keep up the good work!

Hello :) thanks for dropping by :)

I spoke to my CDC tonight about ss+, she thinks I should try and stick to ss and then if I'm absolutely starved I should have a chicken breast or small can of tuna...sounds good to me, and as long as I have decent losses each week that's what I'll continue to do :)

Your right about the weight gain post diet, it's always inevitable that when ever you stop any diet you will gain a bit of weight, don't know why people focus on this one so much as a negative reason to do ss..... Bahhhh !!

Keep it up too hunny - ill check out your wall too soon :) xxx

Ooooooh girls - I'm in total shock haha - thanks for all your messages :D

Thought I'd of lost around 4 or 5 .... Woooooooop :) happy me tonight :)

Just spoke to my CDC, I'm excited that I can have a small bowl of sugar free jelly a day too, how exciting for me - like literally, I'm so excited about that :) I'm not gonna push it, I'm going to be sensible, I want to be skinny for my hols, and eating tonnes of jelly and chicken does not equal skinny me......

Does anyone else have sugar free jelly? My CDC said some of her clients have coke zero too, she said they have it all the time, not sure if I'm ready t take that risk just yet, I think jelly is a risk enough for now....... Ooh I'm so excited :) xxxxx

Last edited:
Ooh really coke..... And you have still had great losses !!!!

I'm sure coke will not knock me out of ketosis, as when on the Atkins diet that's all I drink..... Next week I shall try it :) xx

OH-EM-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee That Brilliant Star! very big well done!

I've never heard of Jelly being recommended... I wouldnt have it every day though. Have it as a treat occasionaly. I think we need to get ourselves off sweet things and treats, same as the coke zero! (I do anyway) Ignore me, I'm being a killjoy i know but dont mess to much with a winning combination.

Blurry Brilliant loss though :D

Back