Step 1 Sole Source Ok.... Here goes nothing....

Thanks jellie - keeping my feet n the ground..... You are totally right, and will not allow myself a bowl a day, probably will make one packet into 3 servings - so that will be small, and have them throughout the week xx

Gooooooooood morning !!!!

In a great mood :D still riding on the crest of the 14lbs wave !!!

Happy happy happy this morning, got my black coffee, goin to have my cookies and cream in about an hour, 100% day for me today !! No chicken, no jelly...... And I am going to make flapjacks for my boyfriend, he's on a health kick and has lost half a stone in 3 weeks ( he's been cheating left right and centre but he's still getting decent losses - UNFAIR !!! Haha )

Just had a bit of an epiphany moment, last nite my CDC told me I could have a small bowl of sugar free jelly a day, she mentioned i could also have chicken or a small can of tuna if im starved, along with the veg bullion drink, and I have been informed by a couple of different cd colleagues that I can have coke zero.... But I'm goin to stick to the shakes as far as I can - GO ME, changing my attitude to eating, just because I CAN have these things doesn't mean I SHOULD..... Hurrah !!!!!

Still off work after my op, and my stomach is feelin particularly sore today - going to flick the heating on full and is chilly willy down my neck o te woods, and do a bit of baking, it's strange but it's my way of relaxing, and I will not be tempted to try it......not once xx

Last edited:
Wow wow wow! I didn't get a chance to log on yesterday evening and I've just come on now to see how you have done and all I can say is wow! There's the motivation yes?! did you take before and after pictures as well?? Mine really help me when I'm feeling a bit 'fat'!

My OH is on SS and has coke zero/diet coke everyday. I think he has about 4 cans a day?! So bad but he can't/won't be weaned off it! He has lost 12kg in the last four weeks so it hasn't hindered his weight loss. I have avoided it and lost 21lbs, but obviously have no idea what I would have lost if I had been having it. CDC said it affects different people in different ways.

Thank you both :) xx

Didn't even lick my fingers making the flapjacks- go me....

I always seem to have slower losses than my bf, when we d the same diet together he does great, I don't lose anything :/ it'd just be my luck that coke z stops me losing :/ ill wait till next week before I have anytime make sure I don't go mad with jelly and coke and throw myself out of ketosis...

Off out for a walk, laters people xx

WOW! Starry, what an amazing weight loss... i have just been reading your diary, and your doing so well!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping on, but i wanted to say hi... i also know how you feel about all the other diets... i couldn't doSW, i literally ate as much carbs as i wanted and my weight went up.... i also did WW and lost some weight, but learned nothing about the way to eat, i just made sure my points left me enough room for chocolate and biscuits everyday!!!!

SS is amazingly hard, but so worthwhile! and you are doing fab! Huge well done, and hope it continues to fall off.... =0)

tomnkatesmum said:
WOW! Starry, what an amazing weight loss... i have just been reading your diary, and your doing so well!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping on, but i wanted to say hi... i also know how you feel about all the other diets... i couldn't doSW, i literally ate as much carbs as i wanted and my weight went up.... i also did WW and lost some weight, but learned nothing about the way to eat, i just made sure my points left me enough room for chocolate and biscuits everyday!!!!

SS is amazingly hard, but so worthwhile! and you are doing fab! Huge well done, and hope it continues to fall off.... =0)

Thank you hunny, and please hijack away, mi casa et su casa.....

It's tru about those diets, they teach you nothing about portion control, managing when you eat, or recognising when you are hungry from when you are bored / fed up etc.

Ill check out you diary as well and come over and hijack yo for a bit :) xxx

starry*eyed<3 said:
Thank you hunny, and please hijack away, mi casa et su casa.....

It's tru about those diets, they teach you nothing about portion control, managing when you eat, or recognising when you are hungry from when you are bored / fed up etc.

Ill check out you diary as well and come over and hijack yo for a bit :) xxx

Thanks babe... And feel free to come visit me anytime :) I will as you say hijack away :)

Those diets never taught me anything, mostly I'd try to eat as many free points foods so that I could

I'm hoping CD is going to help me learn when I am hungry... Since I started, I realised I used to eat all the time just cause I was bored, fed up, emotional... And I so hope I can use what I'm learning now when I finally finish CD! Bet it'll be hard though!

Evening!

Cant believe you can bake and not be tempted, thats some skill....im just glad i cant bake!!

Well done on another 100% day :) x

I love baking, but the best bit is licking the bowl and them eating the baked goods warm from the oven... How on earth can you bake on this diet? Superwoman???

tomnkatesmum said:
I'm hoping CD is going to help me learn when I am hungry... Since I started, I realised I used to eat all the time just cause I was bored, fed up, emotional... And I so hope I can use what I'm learning now when I finally finish CD! Bet it'll be hard though!

Your right, they don't teach anything about self control, I believe that really eating almost endless supplies of free foods is not a great way to teach new eating habits.... I shall not be returning to sw..... X

I dont know what it is, but honestly, I'm not bothered, I made some chocolate flapjacks today, tomorrow I'm going to make some cupcakes.... I think as I find baking so relaxing and cause it's one of my hobbies I find it easy.... I'm not saying I don't want a taste, I so do, but I just don't have one...not sure how haha :)

Just had a bath and moisturised, put a couple of pictures up and sat down with my bouillon drink, and realised I hadn't had my last shake, just had half a mint choc bar, couldn't be bothered to mix a shake.... Will have a big cup of black tea now to up my water ( even though that means ill be peeing all night - doh !!) xxx

starry*eyed<3 said:
Your right, they don't teach anything about self control, I believe that really eating almost endless supplies of free foods is not a great way to teach new eating habits.... I shall not be returning to sw..... X

I won't return to SW either, it made me so un healthy...honestly, endless carbs? What a mistake! Gotta lose a load of weight before I can worry about maintenance though... Lol!

I don't dare bake, I reckon it would send me over the edge! I've been doing this for just over 4 weeks and sometimes its so hard, so I'm trying to keep strong and stay out of the kitchen!

I couldn't have stuck to this without this website though, helps keep me motivated and busy when I'd normally be snacking!

This website helps so so much doesn't it, I'm on here all the time, day and night haha !! It's great though, so much support from people who understand what it's like - wow Hun 4 weeks !! Well done that's great :)

How r ur losses s far? Xx

Sorry, ignore me, I can see on your signature !! You have done great !!!!! Well done chick :)

Bet you feel amazing :) xxx

Thanks hun, I'm on mobile so can't see signatures or stats our anything! I'm on here loads too, in the evenings I always used to have tea them snack on chocolate or biscuits,.this site has become my new addiction! Not sure I could cope without it! Its so good talking to people who understand... I've had people so negative about this diet, even when they know naff all about it!

I'm trying not to tell anyone, except immediate family who are supportive... But I hate others comments, I just want to work hard and lose fast!!

Would quote like to lose quicker though, lol!

Haha - yea I know what you mean, I've tried to keep it quiet as much as poss, but it's it not easy is it... And when people have found out and told others I haven't asked them not to, I don't want it to seem like I'm embarrassed, cause I'm not at all, just would prefer not to set myself up for a fall....

I don't feel at all slimmer tonight, book, just had a bath, and my lumpy bumpy ass and thighs look as big as ever - bleughhhh :( like you said, just want it to hurry up now !!!!

Having a planned weekend off, not this weekend, but next, that will be 3 weeks in and ill be ready for a break, but anyway we have been invited to my boyfriends dads house for a meal to meet his new girlfriend so, thought it will be a good time to come off, I'll probably come off sat and go back on Monday, it will affect my losses, but ill be ready for a break by then so I can live with it - have you had any time off since you started? Xx

Back