okay a little freaked out

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Elliemaxmia, 3 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Elliemaxmia

Elliemaxmia Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i was weighed at slimming world last weds
    just weighed myself about 3 times on the wii fit then went up and weighed myself on the bathroom scales worked it out and ive lost about 5 pounds surely this aint right ?????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Be careful! Dont believe any scales other than the ones used at SW.
    Reason is, if you show a huge loss like 5lbs you might want to celebrate that loss with a blow out, or on the other hand if your wii showed a 5lb gain you might want to commiserate as well!

So, moral is, DO NOT WEIGH AT HOME! Otherwise what is the point of paying to go to a SW meeting in the 1st place!

xx

p.s and BTW a 5lb loss is totally doable ;o)

4. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I second that. No two sets of scales always weigh the same and it'd be awful if you're setting yourself up for a fall come WI day. Just take that number with a hefty dose of salt, cos only one WI counts and that's the one you do at SW! Good luck. X

5. Elliemaxmia

Elliemaxmia Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yeah i thought thats prob the case only thing is im doing it at home now so i will have to rely on wii fit ect...

6. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Ahhh in which case if you weigh yourself at home, make sure its the same day each week at the same time.

Only thing is, did you weigh yourself at home last week to get the accurate weight from those scales? All scales differ.

If its a 5lb loss, well done you! Look what you can do :D

7. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    if itll make you feel better you can go to boots and weigh yourself there, their scales are quite accurate and its only 50p, at least you know you're getting an accurate reading xx

8. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd probably ignore the Wii fit to be honest...even little things like the thickness of the carpet etc can affect how well it works. I'd use your bathroom scales and stick to those :) I always use the same scales, and keep them in the same place on the floor - how sad, lol! :giggle: xx

9. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    P.S. It is totally possible to have a loss of 5lb though hun, so congrats! :D xx

10. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest, I weighed myself on the Wii Fit on a rug and off, there was no difference.

I did it again the week after and there was no change (apart from what I'd lost) and confirmed this with the bathroom scales - which are in the same place every week.

I guess it can still be inaccurate but mine's been nice so far (apart from last week lol!)

As long as the weight is going downwards and you can see the difference in your clothes and doing your measurements. I'm just happy to be eating healthily!

11. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    yeah hun its possiable to have a 5lb loss or more in your first week or any week.
    my wi is pretty good but we have wood flooring and it goes on the same spot everytime

12. cazie6

cazie6 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - doing it on my own
    Haha I do this too :D

I always weigh myself on a Monday morning just after I've woken up and been to the loo. I can't help weighing myself during the week too and if I've put on any weight I know to try harder over the next few days and it works for me.

It is totally possible to lose 5lb in a week and some people even manage more, however don't expect to lose that every week as certain factors play a role - such as time of the month etc. Keep going though because it is obviously working for you. :)

13. Billie-x

Billie-x Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    23st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim Sip
    I was the same aswell this week i put on last week so have been trying extra hard this week, weighed on wii fit said ive lost 4lb, went swimming today and weighed on boots scales which have always been correct and apparently ive lost 7lbs since thursday...I dont quite know how thats happend...im going to stop weighing myself as i never know and i just worry myself lol !!

14. cep

cep Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I lost 5.5 in my first week, 2 in my second. My friend weighed on wii showed 2lb loss at wi she'd only lost 1/2lb she was gutted. If you're going to weigh at home may be worth investing in some good scales.

15. amy2307

amy2307 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do this all the time!! Only go by one set of scales!! Its definately less depressing :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.