okay taster morning tommorrow

maclynn

Silver Member
hi all, can i be noisey and ask what do you take to taster class, our class is at 9-45, class usually starts 10.20, i'm just making a batch of cookies out of the 100 comfort food book, But, was wondering what everyone else takes:D

Anything that is ...
Cheap to make
Easy to make in advance
Something that I've made before and am confident will turn out well.

If it was me at the moment, I think I'd make some of the syn free donna kebab stuff, and chilli sauce and fake garlic mayo, along with some cocktail sticks so people could take a little bit and dip it as they choose.

I havnt been to a taster session for a while, i missed my last one. I have taken sw quiche before and many years ago i made a lovely tomato soup and took it in a flask for people to try.

Scan bran cakes are popular at my class, i love chocolate and banana yum yum.

Enjoy your taster session :)

We had a taster session last night as well. My daughter made chicken egg fried rice and all the ladies were raving about it. She is only 16 and has lost 4.5 stone and was beaming from ear to ear. I was well proud of her.

We had a taster session last night as well. My daughter made chicken egg fried rice and all the ladies were raving about it. She is only 16 and has lost 4.5 stone and was beaming from ear to ear. I was well proud of her.

Awww - that's lovely.
:eek:

We've had our taster night tonight and I took Diet Coke Chicken. It went down really well.

Just finished cooking spicy thai bites from the 100 free original recipes book for my taster session tomorrow. Have made these for the past 4 taster sessions and everybody loves them, i always bring home an empty container.

Just finished cooking spicy thai bites from the 100 free original recipes book for my taster session tomorrow. Have made these for the past 4 taster sessions and everybody loves them, i always bring home an empty container.

have made these before and they were pleasant enough, next time I added extra chilli, ginger, coriander and made it with turkey mince... using the recipe as a guide only... so nice.

I have taken the potato/chickpea bites before...

next time will take either Sweet potato hummus or Syn free "Waldorf" salad xx

I'm quite lucky that my group is in the evening, so I usually manage to take something hot... Tomorrow, for taster, I'm going with a 'fake-away' theme and making some curries from the Curry Heaven book.

(PurpleSky - The Classic Chicken Curry, the Chicken Jalfrezi and the Bombay Potatoes are all lovely!! :D :D :D )

I dont eat meat or fish but will replace the meaty stuff with cauli and see how that goes so far everything i;ve made form that book has been awesome. Ohhh might make some somosas, at one syn each therenot to bad :D

thanks everyone, decided i would make the white and dark chocolate cookies from the 100 comfort food book, they've turned out nice, so will let you know how they go down, they're 2.5 sins each. Tried the orange drizzle cake this week and that was lovely(even hubby ate it):D

When we have taster mornings we always have a theme. We had to use Quorn at one (which I had never tried before!), so I bought some Quorn chicken pieces and made Sweet Chilli chicken from one of last year's magazines, can't remember which one, and just substituted the chicken for Quorn and it was really nice. I used the whole bag and took that and came home with an empty box as everyone loved it.

Haven't had a taster morning for a while but when we have another I think I might do that again.

Denise

Back