Oldie but newbie

Sammy_N1

Hi all, I'm Sam & I'm almost 32 :)
Joined WW weighing 14st at the end of 2007, went down to 11st & stayed that way until 2011 when I split from my partner & then yo'yo'd up to 14st.
Met a new partner, got pregnant & in December last year gave birth to our daughter. I was just short of 16st the week before I gave birth, I have done a 'relaxed' method of weight watchers and with breastfeeding helping too I'm currently hovering around 11st again. I really want to weigh less though. I'm only just short of 5ft 6 & would ideally like to be 9st-9st7.
So, I have joined the gym, & sticking to my 24points per day, but not consuming my activity points. My milk supply hasn't dipped, so not worried about that; but previously I was doing around 20pts a day and then all my 'saved' points consuming them in a pig out weekend of take away, but really want to stay away from junk food now, but since sticking to 24 my weight is staying the same... Is this be side my body is just adjusting to having full 24points & going to the gym do you think?
I'm planning on sticking to it religiously for two more weeks to give my body time to adjust & settle in to stricter points & exercise but anyone else bf'ing, plateaued or got any tips?
Xx

Hi Sammy and welcome to the Discover board. :welcome: I've only just spotted your post, dunno how I missed it, I check all the time!

I can't actually help with the BF as I never managed it for long enough to do both that and WW when I had mine, but I'm wondering if you are actually eating enough. You've managed to get down to 11st ish (which is brill by the way) with 'relaxed' wws and I wonder if you're being a bit strict with your points especially as you are BFing as well. I had a quick work out of what I thought you should be on about and I got 27 points a day and that's without the exercise. I've heard that you need the extra points when you are BF or your body starts to hold on to the fats - you definitely need to eat all your points.

Have you heard of the Wendie plan? You could give that a go to mix things up a bit - still healthy but more like your 'eat less in the week and more at the weekend' style of before. Whatever, I think keeping going for a couple of weeks is a good idea, my body was all over the shop for 12 months or so, next week you may have a super loss!?

Back