OMG - Hot cross buns!!

Lilyb

One of my favourite things about Easter, I always devour a lot of these every year! Bought my first pack today of 2011 but being with SW this year I've been a good girl and gone online to see the syn values before I indulge, they are 9 syns! :cry: And that's before you add the butter! :cry:

I will just have to torture myself by toasting and buttering them for the kids tea knowing that I can only have one as an occasional treat :wave_cry:

Co~op do these"lighter" ones. Don't know how light they r tho lol. I got some the other day too for my son and have so far managed by just smelling them lol. I will be having one at Easter and an egg.

Happy Holidays said:
I've just checked online & a low fat hot cross bun 3.5 syns for 28grms. I think a hot cross bun will weigh about 70grms, so that's about 9 syns, so not too bad.

So the same as the normal ones??

I think 9 is a lot cause have to add butter and jam to mine and one just isn't enough,best avoiding them for me

alfsmummy11 said:
Co~op do these"lighter" ones. Don't know how light they r tho lol. I got some the other day too for my son and have so far managed by just smelling them lol. I will be having one at Easter and an egg.

The sainsburys lighter be good to yourself ones are 8.5 syns so hardly any different to the standard ones! Scary though how many calories I used to consume each time I ate them last year, no wonder I put on so much weight!

Lilyb said:
The sainsburys lighter be good to yourself ones are 8.5 syns so hardly any different to the standard ones! Scary though how many calories I used to consume each time I ate them last year, no wonder I put on so much weight!

When i looked in the co~op the normal ones r 180 cals n light ones are 160. stupid or what??? full fat all the way when i have one Easter Sunday hehe xx

i know its not as good but you could just have half?? or ive discovered a bread made by warburtons, its called hot cross bun loaf and each slice is around 80 ish calories whichould equate to 4 syns per slice! its reallllly yummy x

Tracie Green said:
i know its not as good but you could just have half?? or ive discovered a bread made by warburtons, its called hot cross bun loaf and each slice is around 80 ish calories whichould equate to 4 syns per slice! its reallllly yummy x

That's a hgood idea xx

I love Hot Cross buns too..but I'd rather avoid them or the whole packet would be gone in seconds..!:)

Just a thought warburtons do a hot cross bun loaf and per slice it is 99 vals so maybe 1 slice would be less syns than an actual bun?? Prob dependant on what you like to spread on it though hth x

Back