OMG, I feel so excited !!!! England here I come !!!

fillymum

synful soul
I have not been to England for 5 years and I have missed it so much.

In two weeks time I will be jetting my way to Bristol where my sis will pick me up and we will drive on to Cheshire for our great nieces wedding at a very posh venue and then I am having 12 whole days in Cornwall. I have a really nice outfit. The dress is a long one with a waterfall front jacket, a big hat, designer of course.........the total cost 1€ !!!! How about that !!! My sis bought me the dress last year for my birthday, the bra it needs was from another mini's member, my knicks a present at Christmas, the hat a gift from a friend who sells retro clothes and the shoes I bought years ago so you can not count them. The only thing I bought was the jacket in a charity shop for 1€ !!! I feel a million dollars in the outfit.

On the first night the Thursday, our nephew is taking us out to dinner, on the Friday it is the wedding, on the Saturday morning we are going to visit my best friend in the whole world, my friend of 45 years, for the morning and then driving on to Cornwall but en route meeting my minimins daughters for coffee and a big hug and a chat. We have never met before. Then lovely, wonderful Cornwall. We are going to the auctions for me to find treasures for my antiques business, going for a Cornish cream tea in Mevagissey, fish and chips at Rick Steins fish and chip shop and eating pasties whilst walking around the streets of Truro..................the diet, forget it, at my age I want to enjoy all the things I miss and not feel even the slightest twinge of remorse. The diet will wait till I get home.

We will end up living in England again eventually once everything here has run it's course. 31 years away is a long time even though we have enjoyed life here.............nothing replaces your roots.

I really really wish I could meet up with you, you've been there for me & cyber granny to my 2 kids....you are such an inspiration....

Sod the SW way of eating enjoy every moment I'm sure you'll look a million dollars, don't matter how much ur outfit cost, the fact that ur there is all that matters. Ur great niece is so lucky to have u as an aunt such a truly nice, inspirational & loving person.

Love u lots & u've done so much for me more than u'll ever know. Have a wicked time & look forward to seeing some pics XXXXXX

PS who is ur very fortunate minimins daughter? XXX

Sounds amazing. I love Cornwall so much.

You'll have an amazing time Sue, fingers crossed the sun decides to shine for you too.

xxxxx

Hmm Cheshire + Posh Venue...not Peckforton castle is it? Poshest venue I can think of round here :p

I love Peckforton Castle - went there when me and Mr Bear first started dating, although we stayed at Rookery Hall Hotel (think it was called that!)

x

I really really wish I could meet up with you, you've been there for me & cyber granny to my 2 kids....you are such an inspiration....

Sod the SW way of eating enjoy every moment I'm sure you'll look a million dollars, don't matter how much ur outfit cost, the fact that ur there is all that matters. Ur great niece is so lucky to have u as an aunt such a truly nice, inspirational & loving person.

Love u lots & u've done so much for me more than u'll ever know. Have a wicked time & look forward to seeing some pics XXXXXX

PS who is ur very fortunate minimins daughter? XXX

Did you mean to make me cry ??? I too wish we could meet Karen and perhaps one day we will. You are special and deserve good things in life.

I really enjoy getting photos of my two cyber grandchildren. xxxxxxx

I am hoping I will meet Sarah ( Jim of Troy) and Dawn ( SkinnyDawn) on the trip back to Cornwall.

Hope you have a lovely time and enjoy our beautiful summer of rain, haha ;)

Can you believe I am looking forward to standing out in the rain and getting wet instead of frying day after day. Never satisfied are we lol !!??

Have a lovely time Sue - xxx photo of you in your glam outfit please xxx

Definitely if I can find one I look good on.........for good read, thin, young and glamerous........so not much chance of a photo there lol !!

Hey Elle............big, massive congratulations on the eagerly awaited Baby Bear...........

Less than 2 weeks to go now YEAH!!!!!

Hmm Cheshire + Posh Venue...not Peckforton castle is it? Poshest venue I can think of round here :p

OOPS sorry forgot to quote this one sorry ALLY...........I love Peckforton Castle too but as my great nieces family are from Macclesfield it is being held at the Deanwater Hotel, Woodford, near Wilmslow, click on home to see it..............Home

Its a shame it co-incides with my weekend in Scotland or I would totally have stealth-ninja'ed into the wedding for a Fillycuddle.

Is that my bra???

Not been to the Deanwater in YEARS - but loved it last time I went.

Have a lovely time chica, and post us some pics of you looking poshed up!

Is that my bra???

Not been to the Deanwater in YEARS - but loved it last time I went.

Have a lovely time chica, and post us some pics of you looking poshed up!

Yup, sure is your bra Bev, and thanks. It is going on holiday and looking after my 2 puppies lol.

As I said if there is a thin, good looking, young photo they will be posted.........................

Ahhh this thread has made me all gooey lol
Good to read lots of positive happy stuff :)
Hope you have a great time over here x

I am sure I will Emsie . The only problem is that after an absence of 5 years so many friends want me to visit. It is impossible. I have just had to be blinkered and concentrate on being with Gill. (NO HARDSHIP) My really good friends from near Aberaeron have phoned tonight and invited us to stay on our way back to Cornwall but there just is not the time so , bother, shucks, how awful, I will just have to come back again !!!

This trip is dedicated to Gill and my family in Cornwall............................. I am so, so , so excited !!!!

Back