Omg just how can this be justified?

amethyst

Banned
I did EE Friday, Saturday and yesterday..

Today i just weighed to check and i have gained 5 pounds.. WTF?

My scales are as accurate as boots.

I can not believe it..

I ate everything i was allowed for EE.. :cry:

I told everyone i can only do red days, cus i gain when i eat to much carbs...

grrrrrrr

Weighing day tommorrow, and i so gutted i got to pay to be told i gained because i stuck with EE..:mad:

Is it just me that gains like this?
------------------------------------------------

Food Diary : EXTRA EASY

FRIDAY: 2xegg omellete with mushrooms, and tomatoe done with fry light!

Jacket potatoe (HEB with skin) half tin of tuna, lettuce and tomatoe!

Home made burgers, used tesco H/L Extra lean mince, grilled them, used Syn free chips (done in oven with skins on used fry light)

Glass of milk HEA

No syns cus i was saving them for chinese Saturday!

SATURDAY:

2xomelette, with musrooms, tomatoe, 2xquorn sausages and 2x H/L Bacon (no fat)

Grilled chicken salad from macdonalds, with no dressing! Was just grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomatoe!

Boiled rice, and beef and mushrooms from chinese (syned 4.5) poppadom (Syned 4)

Snacks: HEB 30g bag of ryvita minis, HEA glass of milk

TOTAL SYNS: 8.5

SUNDAY: 2xweetabix with milk (HEA & HEB).

Grilled Chicken salad from macdonalds

Chicken dinner, lots of veg, no potatoe! Bisto syned at 2.

Chopped apple, blackberrys and muller light!

Snack, 30g bag of ryvita minis syn 5

TOTAL SYNS 7

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on EE but didn't want to read and run. I mainly stick to green/red but in the past few weeks I have done more EE days and I am not convinced either but hopefully a better qualified person will be along soon to help you

I really don't understand how that is possible! I have done EE everday apart from my first 3 weeks!! What were you eating??? were you only having 1 heA and 1 B?

Hun..firstly...you had a sneaky weigh...not good!!!
Your body fluctuates in weight daily, so that sneaky jump on has not done you any good at all apart from making you feel miserable hasnt it??....DONT DO IT!
The weight will come off, but you have to be patient and wait until official weigh in.

xxxxxx

It is all wrong, carbs do not agree with my body! I gain like crazy when i eat them! Just like my Dad!

My official weigh in is tommorrow eve, i just need to keep to red days to be able to lose weight, it is stupid!

I will copy my food diary when i go downstairs and tell you all what i ate, you will be shocked just like me, cus i stuck 100%..

I've seen you post through the week about going to the Chinese though, so are you SURE you stuck 100%? I always say that anything you don't cook yourself could cripple your weight losses.

Omg i only had a small boiled rice and beef and mushrooms that was all i had! I syned it at 4.5 ...

I will go get my food diary right now and post it up for you :)

Hey, I can't eat carbs and lose weight. I know some poo poo this, but we are not all built the same! My Gran was 98 when she died and she always laughed at those said that fat made you fat, she always said it was starch. I firmly believe that for me, this is true. You know how your body reacts to things. Keep your food diaries so you can see ant patterns. But I would agree it may be carbs. I hav done EE this week, and a green day, and I am waiting for a gain too.

Lynda

Alrighty hun, get that diary up there, lets have a squizz.

Hi Hun,

I have similar gains, u r not alone! r u drinking enough? I find that I retain fluid as soon as I reintroduce carbs, so you need to drink more to flush!

also are you sure the grilled chicken salad from McD's is syn free?

i've been on SW for a few weeks and thought i could cope with EE and i was wrong! I prefer green days but agree that carbs are harder to move and make me feel heavier! I'm just not a big meat eater!!!

Yes it is free, all it was, was 4 thin slices of grilled chicken, with lettuce and tomatoe in a tub!

And i drink min of 2 litres a day, plus my few cups of decaf coffee, and perhaps a pint of diet lemonade for my sweet tooth! Cus i was travelling the weekend, we stopped like every 40 mins for me to p! lol

urghhh i could scream seriousley!

Grilled chicken salad ( even without dressing) from MacD's is sinned hun...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McDonald's McSalad, Grilled Chicken without Caesar Dressing & Croutons per serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 8 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McDonald's McSalad, Grilled Chicken without Ranch Dressing per serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 3 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 10 Syns
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]​

Just on first glance, you chose a jacket potato as a HEb on an EE day?

I eat loads more than you do... and i have more syns. I don't know if that's either (a) really annoying to you or (b) something you might want to consider. More veg in there might boost your weight loss. If I have burger and chips I have a salad and lots of onions and mushrooms for extra speed food.

Are you measuring your milk?

Your Chinese might have been more than you think because you can never know what goes into it. 4.5 is for 300g of beef mushrooms, did you weigh it before counting the syns?

The McD's chicken is processed crap, not proper chicken breast.

not trying to nitpick, just trying to help you get to the bottom of it. I agree you don't seem to have done very much wrong.

I agree too many carbs can make anyone gain weight.

Have you tried having whole wheat when you have pasta and rice?

Also when you have rice if it isn't brown have Basmati instead. For some reason it's better for you than Long Grain rice.

One last thing, have you thought of having all of your syns? When I got really strict with myself about 6 months ago, I cut my syns down to 3-5 a day. My weight loss slowed right down. I couldn't understand it. I was following the plan 100% and even cutting my syns down to less than they recommended. well guess what, they recommend that amount for a reason. I would start having the full 15 syns day and see what happens. When I changed from 3-5 syns to the full 13 - 15 syns my weight dropped off at 2-3 lbs a week. Go figure!!! I didn't understand it, still don't but, it's true :cool:

I eat so much veg its not even funny, i wanted few days off from eating it and i only had 2 days off from eating veg!

Even if the chicken salad was syned i had the available syns to syn it!!

This has really p'd me off!

But hey ho, i will go back onto red days as of today! And perhaps up my water to 3 litres which i can do easily! And i may stick a few sypositrys up today and tommorrow just so i can relieve the bloatiness! And not due on my period cus i finished it last week! ( i do go no prob)..

Thanks all for advice thought, i just now from now on to never ever do green or EE ever again! I should of learnt from last time i did SW... :)

I did EE Friday, Saturday and yesterday..

Today i just weighed to check and i have gained 5 pounds.. WTF?

My scales are as accurate as boots.

I can not believe it..

I ate everything i was allowed for EE.. :cry:

I told everyone i can only do red days, cus i gain when i eat to much carbs...

grrrrrrr

Weighing day tommorrow, and i so gutted i got to pay to be told i gained because i stuck with EE..:mad:

Is it just me that gains like this?
------------------------------------------------

Food Diary : EXTRA EASY

FRIDAY: 2xegg omellete with mushrooms, and tomatoe done with fry light!

Jacket potatoe (HEB with skin) half tin of tuna, lettuce and tomatoe!

Home made burgers, used tesco H/L Extra lean mince, grilled them, used Syn free chips (done in oven with skins on used fry light)

Glass of milk HEA

No syns cus i was saving them for chinese Saturday!

SATURDAY:

2xomelette, with musrooms, tomatoe, 2xquorn sausages and 2x H/L Bacon (no fat)

Grilled chicken salad from macdonalds, with no dressing! Was just grilled chicken, lettuce, and tomatoe!

Boiled rice, and beef and mushrooms from chinese (syned 4.5) poppadom (Syned 4)

Snacks: HEB 30g bag of ryvita minis, HEA glass of milk

TOTAL SYNS: 8.5

SUNDAY: 2xweetabix with milk (HEA & HEB).

Grilled Chicken salad from macdonalds

Chicken dinner, lots of veg, no potatoe! Bisto syned at 2.

Chopped apple, blackberrys and muller light!

Snack, 30g bag of ryvita minis syn 5

TOTAL SYNS 7

Hun, jackets pots are free on EE not a HEB.. which means you didnt ahve a HEB that day.. & maybe a change up of HEA would help???

xx

Hun, jackets pots are free on EE not a HEB.. which means you didnt ahve a HEB that day.. & maybe a change up of HEA would help???

xx

Oooooh! well spotted :)

Back