OMG My bra size shocker! What is yours???

I'm a 38G, although I suspect I'm probably more of a 36G as I have a smallish back (compared to the size of the rest of me!) and my bras are starting to feel a bit weird round the band.

OOOOh - brastop.com has a clearance sale (including 14 different ones in size 32H Morrigan and 8 in a 36GG):D

Ta, I've been looking for some cheaper ones to keep me going til I reach goal :D

I'm a 38H and spend a fortune on bras. The dread when I hear an underwire crack :cry:! Mind you I would probably buckle under the strain of holding my knockers up all day as well :D

Hubbie taking more than an healthy interest in them since I've been losing weight - the other day he said I'd better not end up with "Spaniel's Ears" - little chance of that I think!! The cheeky git :whoopass:

I'm a 38H and spend a fortune on bras. The dread when I hear an underwire crack :cry:! Mind you I would probably buckle under the strain of holding my knockers up all day as well :D

Hubbie taking more than an healthy interest in them since I've been losing weight - the other day he said I'd better not end up with "Spaniel's Ears" - little chance of that I think!! The cheeky git :whoopass:

Oh I hear you! My bra once snapped in an airport, just before I boarded a plane for a weekend away. I had no other bras with me...!

Oh I hear you! My bra once snapped in an airport, just before I boarded a plane for a weekend away. I had no other bras with me...!

Not Good! Bet you were well peed off! And when you're a bigger size its not as if you can pitch up to any clothes shop to buy a new one. Bet you pack a couple of spares now just in case! :)

I swear the way bra sizes are calculated has changed over the years. I was reading the other day that in the 80s, Samantha Fox was famous for her '36DD' bust... she was a slim 16 year old (which is creepy in itself considering her career, but anyway), I find it unlikely that in today's sizes she'd be a 36 anything! More like a 32F.

It made me think because I was on a really old website and it calculated my bra size as something like a 42DD, where FigLeaves.com, with an extra measurement (around the top of the bust, under the armpits) as well as the bust and ribcage measurements, calculated the bra size I actually wear... Pointless rambling I know. I suppose it's because back in the day a DD was the biggest cup size available!

I was so chuffed that I am now 10st 12lb that I thought I would go through the wardrobe and try on things that were previously too tight...

All my (mainly size 14) trousers and skirts are now either a comfortable fit or hanging round my hips :clap:

NONE of my (mainly size 18) blouses, bras or other top half apparel looks any blooming different.

While I am absolutely delighted to be losing weight I do wish that some of it would shift off my chest!!!

Patience is a virtue though so I'm going to keep going :)

Thought I'd update you on my progress. 3.5 stone lost now and I could tell my bras were not fitting as they should. So a trip down to Glasgow last weekend so I could get properly measured at Bravissimo.

Down from a 38 to a 36 as I suspected. But up from a H to a HH! Gutted. Hubbie is still wetting himself laughing now. Will I never get rid of these blooming massive boobs! :(

when i was 18 i was measured in marks and sparks as a 38DD. My mum took me to rigby and peller for my birthday (no such thing as bravissimo then), and i came out a 30FF. as soon as i put them on i looked 18 instead of 40, and three stone lighter. The bras were hideously expensive (about £40-60 each, in 1992!), and also, pretty hideous. one of them was black, which was about the only nice thing.

Anyway, obviously over the years i put on weight. I was a size 24 when i started this diet, and wearing a 36K. Have now lost 4 stone (halfway to my goal = BMI 28) and this is my second set of new bras. first time the back got too big, so I had to get new ones or i'd've been crippled. so i bought three in a 34K, and then the cups got too big. I would've managed with that, except for my vanity... so I bought another set to make me look perkier, and they are 34JJ.

it's funny because what else can you do with used, but still good quality, expensive bras but put them in the bin? no one wants them from a charity shop, for obvious reasons, and the chances of having a friend or relative who is exactly that size to pass them on to are slim.

I used to be a 36C. Now I'm a 30DD and it's a lot harder to locate bras in my size. It's also a nightmare buying swimwear and gym tops because the assumption of manufacturers seems to be that if you are small you won't have breasts or something... sigh... Still, I don't regret loosing the weight so I just have to suck it up.

I was a 38E. Now I am a 36C!

Which I thought I would be less by now as I have lost so much weight but I guess as much of it wasn't fat as I thought!

x

Jealous! Well done on your weight loss. Really impressed. :)

I read somewhere online last week women should get measured probably once a year. Makes sense! I have opposite problem with a big back but quite a small bust for an overweight gal the damned fat went everywhere BUT there lol. so it can be difficult for me to find something to fit but I got a stretchy sports-type bra from matalan which whilst a wee bit tight on me fits A-C cup so it'll do for the duration lol.

I've been wearing a 38F for a while.
Not sure that that actually is my size though! I can't figure out bras. My boobs seem to overspill the sides and the tops whatever cup size I wear, though the F is a bit better with that.
I wish I didn't have those red marks in the shape of a bra over me!

One of the things I'm hoping for is to reduce my bust size when I lose weight - I want to buy cheap, pretty bras!

Squee said:
I've been wearing a 38F for a while.
Not sure that that actually is my size though! I can't figure out bras. My boobs seem to overspill the sides and the tops whatever cup size I wear, though the F is a bit better with that.
I wish I didn't have those red marks in the shape of a bra over me!

One of the things I'm hoping for is to reduce my bust size when I lose weight - I want to buy cheap, pretty bras!

Oh you poor thing! No, that's definitely not your size. Sounds like you need to go up a couple of cup sizes, at least.

The band of the bra should be level all the way round, and tight enough that, if you cut the shoulder straps, your boobs should mostly still be supported.

Your boobs should comfortably sit in the cups all the way round. Underwires should sit flat against the ribcage in the middle. When you put your clothes on you should see smooth lines - no bulges or lumps.

Can you get to a branch of bravissimo and book a fitting? Honestly, the right bra even makes you look thinner!

I might try that...I think I've got over my nervousness about being measured now. (I went for a bra fitting when I was 13, did not like having a strange woman touching me there!)
Bras have always been a mystery to me - thanks for the advice spangles, looks like I am wearing the wrong size!

I think EVERY woman, no matter how small should get a proper fitting. Not only does it make you look slimmer, it helps SUPPORT you and keeps your boobs from sagging as much.

I was wearing a 46dd before I got measured, went in and got measured, they told me 42dd. So I was getting literally no support! I definitely felt a huge difference being in a proper sized bra! x

My bra is a shocker because it's an A cup :(
I'm pear sized, large hips and butt but almost non-existent boobs. That being said I skip the bra most days because my breasts are always on the same place and they don't need support at all (I use bra only when I wear tight tops just because I don't wnt my nipples saying hello to the world) :p

I am now about a 36-38G, these had been getting too small (overspill). I am very glad I have managed to loose a bit from my busts GG-H was getting crazy, especially as I gain a cup size at totm.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back