OMG my galette

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
died.
It ended up being several lumps in the pan, with half the mixture stuck to the pan :mad: Can you use fry light to oil it a bit?
I ate what I could of it but i've had 3 slices of turkey aswell is that ok?
It's the turkey slices from asda are we allowed that??

and 8 crab sticks now

Am new to this but here's my advice - my first gallette was a nightmare too so I did it on a very low heat next time and left it until it was set and brown on one side and then it flipped much easier. I use 1 or 2 sprays frylight then wipe with kitchen towel and that works.

Hope that helps! x

lol that happened to my first 3! cook it slower.
ive not had one for ages tho i loved on to dukan bread and love it.
the porrige is also nice and taste better with a tiny sprinkle of highlight choc powder chucked in.

Thank you lol.. I will try again in the morning. I didnt even put it on a plate, just ate what I could of it from the pan with the spatula haha

This is what my galette left :8855: :8855:

DSC00266.jpg

Sounds a bit like my first galette! I actually shed a few tears (don't tell anyone) cos the thought of having to eat such a disgusting thing for the rest of my life upset me!!

It went up from there and now I couldn't be without my muffins!

My first one was rubbish too, now they are so yummy supposing I never did the diet again, these would be a regular in my house. I think my pan is a bit big and is loosing a bit of its non stick so need a new one, but when you get them right they are really yummy. I 'think' you can do them in the oven too, on a baking sheet covered in grease proof paper, put the mixture on and put it into a round shape and bake it. I havent tried it that way but I might

Yes I've done the baking sheet in the oven way... useful when using the galette as a base, say, for a "lemon meringue pie" (Dukan style!)... (once galette cooked and cooled, add lemon yoghurt, cool in coldest part of fridge for a few hours; make some blobs of Dukan "meringue" made with egg whites and powdered sweetener)...

get a really good non stick pan.
Pour in the mixture, cook on very low setting for ageeeess. Sometimes i leave mine 15 minutes until it starts to come away easily at the edges and the top should not be too sticky. then peel it off with the help of a spatula. IF its sticking a lot. Leave it for another couple of minutes!

Lol - i really must try the muffins!

Who mentioned coffee muffins???

I give up. never attempting them again lol

Right... over to muffins then!!

Back