omg totally in love with this meal

That recipe sounds really yummy - I had sw chips tonight though but will give it a go next week - without the peppers but will prob add baked beans or peas on the side and may use my cheese allowance on the top - I love cheese!

Thank you very much for sharing :)

Oh my god I can imagine this with baked beans mmmmm and it will save on the syns for the ketchup thanks Gemma defo gonna try this!

do you think it will work if you beat the eggs as don't like yoke if it's not mixed with the white?

Of course if you whisk the eggs you'll end up with a spanish omlette (but then SW style), it's got my mouth watering too, mmmm.

I think the kids would like it too:party0011:

Last edited:
Reminds me of the cheesy-potato-egg-nest my mum used to make us when we were little! It was all microwave too! Actually, I could probably still eat that if I HexA'd some cheese.

my 3 and 4 year old had it without peppers but with beens and sliced sausage in 2day and demolished it!

I Cooked sausages like normal whilst doin the chips... then 25 mins later i chopped sausage up in small peices then added it to chips and then put the eggs on top of it all left for firther 10 mins then served it with beans... and even they said was yummy.... yes ve had it again 2day LMAO

Reminds me of the cheesy-potato-egg-nest my mum used to make us when we were little! It was all microwave too! Actually, I could probably still eat that if I HexA'd some cheese.

In the microwave? Tell me more! lol xx

Microwave

Cheesy Potato Egg Nest

1. Chop potatoes into cubes (I do them fairly chunky) and put one layer into a shallow dish/flan dish/lid of your pyrex casserole dish.

2. Add a tablespoon of water and some salt if you want it.

3. Cover and zap in microwave for 5 mins.

4. Stir it.

5. Now, it depends on your microwave. Zap it covered for another 2-5 mins. It'll also depend on your cube sizes but if you keep checking every min and a half or something you'll know when they've gone soft before they turn mushy.

6. Now, make 1 or 2 little spaces inbetween the potato and crack an egg into them. Mine generally look like a pair of eyes in a round face.

7. PIERCE THE EGG YOLK GENTLY WITH TIP OF KNIFE. Capitalised for emphasis or you'll get explosion of egg! Hehe.

8. Sprinkle your HEXa of cheese (remember, low fat or mozzerella gives greater amounts...even more if you still have 2 HEXa's left!) over the whole dish.

9. Zap for two or three mins UNCOVERED. Voila!

That sounds lovely, thanks for posting the recipe. Might try that this week as I'm trying to have a few green days.

Cheesy Potato Egg Nest

1. Chop potatoes into cubes (I do them fairly chunky) and put one layer into a shallow dish/flan dish/lid of your pyrex casserole dish.

2. Add a tablespoon of water and some salt if you want it.

3. Cover and zap in microwave for 5 mins.

4. Stir it.

5. Now, it depends on your microwave. Zap it covered for another 2-5 mins. It'll also depend on your cube sizes but if you keep checking every min and a half or something you'll know when they've gone soft before they turn mushy.

6. Now, make 1 or 2 little spaces inbetween the potato and crack an egg into them. Mine generally look like a pair of eyes in a round face.

7. PIERCE THE EGG YOLK GENTLY WITH TIP OF KNIFE. Capitalised for emphasis or you'll get explosion of egg! Hehe.

8. Sprinkle your HEXa of cheese (remember, low fat or mozzerella gives greater amounts...even more if you still have 2 HEXa's left!) over the whole dish.

9. Zap for two or three mins UNCOVERED. Voila!

Mmm sounds good!:) Will be trying this during the week!

Had this meal today with chicken, it was soo good! and filling :) xx

How did it go Sian?

Excellent, will be adding that to my recipe book to try out then! :D

Back