On day 14 and ketones low

Ellebirdy

Can anyone help me with some info?

I am on day 14 but my ketones are still low, I read them on my hubby blood tester (he's type 1 Diabetc) so my reading is digital, I checked with a nurse at the docs and the pinky/purple people speak about is around 6 on the scale.

I don't know why mine are still so low and always have been since I started this diet, I don't feel hungry and so far the results are going well.

Just a little confused about whats going on.

I have emailed LP but had no reply as of yet.

Hope someone can give me a little help.

Thanks.

x

P.s just had this back from LP

Elaine
Everything is fine. As long as you have some ketones you are burning fat. Higher levels in the urine simply means that you are not drinking enough.

Last edited:
Stop testing, it's really unneccessary, I haven't done it at all and I've been doing fine. It just gives you something to fixate on and worry about! If you are sticking to the programme and losing weight, you must be in ketosis. : )

As you can see I had a reply now and put it on the bottom,

I was worried that something was not quite right with it all.

All seems ok so happier now.

x

Nenya is right hun...there is no need to use the strips. They can be misleading and worrying!

There is only one definition of Ketosis and your either init or your not. The liver begins producing Ketones for energy and your body uses this energy to keep going.
However, your body may not always use up all the energy which is when extra ketones are given out in the breath and urine.

So If you have ketones that were more or less "leftover" because perhaps your liver produced more than it needed that day for some reason you will see a darker purple. The reverse could be said if it were light pink or possibly not show any at all, perhaps you used all of the Ketones your body produced at the time you took the test.

Its really nothing to worry about hun! Even if you weren't in ketosis, on less than 450 calories a day, the weight still drops off!xx

And that wasn't meant to sound like a lecture haha! I studied the whole process for my Masters in Science last year thats all :D xx

Nenya is right hun...there is no need to use the strips. They can be misleading and worrying!

There is only one definition of Ketosis and your either init or your not. The liver begins producing Ketones for energy and your body uses this energy to keep going.
However, your body may not always use up all the energy which is when extra ketones are given out in the breath and urine.

So If you have ketones that were more or less "leftover" because perhaps your liver produced more than it needed that day for some reason you will see a darker purple. The reverse could be said if it were light pink or possibly not show any at all, perhaps you used all of the Ketones your body produced at the time you took the test.

Its really nothing to worry about hun! Even if you weren't in ketosis, on less than 450 calories a day, the weight still drops off!xx
Brilliant info thank you very much, the more you know and understand about the process the easier it is not to worry about things.

Don't worry it didn't sound like a lecture just very useful info.

x
;)

Thats really interesting .. i do test with the sticks and first thing in a morning its always a dark purple colour - does this mean i have to drink more water as my weight loss for the last 2 weeks has been really slow

week 1 - 9lbs
week 2 - 6lbs
week 3 - 3lbs
week 4 - 2lbs

i do drink 3-4ltrs each day - as i have 1lt bottles and always make sure i drink 3-4 per day without fail.

Do you think not drinking enough water could be the cause of this ?

You are drinking more than enough water by the sounds of it! I used to be able to do 3-4ltrs a day! Now i stick to 2 and that is more than enough lol!

They tend to always be darker in the morning for the people. Simply because you aren't getting rid of the ketones throughout the night hun. You are using minimal energy sleeping. They build up and so when you go to the loo first thing you are getting rid of loads of them!

Keep going as you are and i'm sure you'll get a bigger weight loss this week. It does happen to a lot of people..one week a small one..the next a huge one lol xx

Back