on day 9 and need some advice

Well, managed to nibble some last night, ham and corned beef..... today had a MIMs with butter and black coffee but for lunch only managed a peperami :sigh: so appetite is still no where to be scene, really wanna go zumba tonight but don't know if my knees have stopped wobbling yet - might give it a go and see.

My atkins brain is terrible though!! short term memory is out of the window!!! lol

How about you?

Lol! My brain is like that anyway :D

I am good thanks. Got my ketostix earlier so drinking loads of water so I can use them lol! Not sure if I will be in ketosis yet as only on day 5? I bet i can't help myself but use one everytime i go! :D

I have just made some chicken and mushrooms and cauliflower cheese for my dinner. Mmmmmm! was delish. Food is becoming more enjoyable and tasty again now (possibly helped that there was no egg involved) lol!

Glad you are feeling a little better honey, hopefully tomorrow you will be fighting fit again :)

xwendywoox

go pee on a stick!! mine were purple from day 3 :D

i am testing loads lately because i've had to improvise a bit but so far still purple.

do it now and let me know!!! lol

i tried to make cauli mash but the smell of it made me feel sick, i normally love cauliflower cheese so long as someone else makes it :( send me some of yours? :D:D:D:D:D

Lol! I did it! :) It's not purple though, just pink! Gutted! :( I WILL get it purple, I will, I will, I will!!! :D

I don't fancy the cauliflower mash, I imagine it might be a bit bland and watery. I fluked my cauli cheese really, didn't make it to a recipe. Just cooked the cauli so it was still quite firm and mixed some double cream, cream cheese and a bit of grated cheese in a pan then threw the cauli in a bowl and poured on the sauce a little more grated cheese and chucked it in the oven until it was nicely browned. Was delish! :) Will be having it again tomoz lol! Haha!

Would gladly send you some hun, but think it might go cold in the post lol! :D

xwendywoox

its probably just cos you've been drinking lots of water ;) that'll make it pink!

oooo does sound nice your cauli mash, if only it were made with potatoes instead of cauliflower :8855: why did i never think of that when i was allowed potatoes??? :D

Mmmmm I bet that would be nice you know!

Strange but I don't miss potaotes, or bread for that matter. I am hardly ever hungry anymore. Normally I would be sat here nibbling crisps or chomping on a bar of chocolate but I don't miss them.

I do enjoy a SF jelly every now and then though. Had a normal one before by mistake! Didn't realise until it was too late. So mad with myself. Put a thread on asking if it will throw me out of ketosis or will affect my loss at the scales cos I don't know! I really hope it doesn't!

I'm such a dipstick at times! :angry:

i just saw your post :( you'll be fine though, it may not even knock you out cos your only showing pink so might just be a bit slower getting there? you will surely double check next time tho wont you :)

i must admit, this is the strongest i have ever felt with not eating all the evil carbs, i really was an addict, i would go through a loaf a day easily, no wonder i got big!!

have you tried the curly kale crisps yet? tried them tonight and its amazing how much they taste like proper potato crisps!! even my hubby agreed and he doesnt do greens lol.

i'll be doing some up for work snacks i think!!

Just came across your reply haha! Yes I will check and double check in future lol! :D Hopefully then as it's just a one off it won't be too bad (fingers crossed)

I feel good and I am sleeping better too. Never been a great sleeper but there is definate improvement there. I really do rate this way of eating, there is a real feel good factor about it. Must admit though I am a bit nervous about weigh in on monday as i have no idea how I will do. With other diets I can usually judge it. If I had been hungry and managed to resist temptation then I had a pretty good idea that I had lost but with Atkins I am very rarely hungry and I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything, so it's hard to imagine the weight will come off.

I haven't tried the curly kale crisps yet but will try them at some point. Sounds like a good idea for a snack. I have been stuck for snacks for work, been taking pepperami's but not really all that keen on them.
They would be ideal :)

the first week is usually a big loss cos we lose all our excess water , but water or fat, it's still excess!! Looking forward to hearing how you do.

I hope you continue to feel like you are too because when i felt like that i felt great, thought i was through it but it got so much worse lol. I've eaten fairly well today tho - ie - 2 meals and a few snacks lol. My legs don't feel like jelly anymore either which is awesome cos i've been missing the gym loads.

It is really liberating to feel satisfied though isn't it, i know what you mean! its friday night and i've not drunk a drop nor scoffed a load of crap (my usual weekend ritual), yeah i'm a little bored, but only cos hubby came home from work knackered and has gone to bed early so i can't annoy him!!! lol. two weeks in now though so technically i could drink after this weekend , but we're meant to be detoxing for amonth, i say i need a drink to replace the food at the weekend but he says the money we save on drink is paying for all my "special food"!! lol

Lol it is a little more expensive isn't it, but I'm finding my portion sizes are getting smaller so hopefully that will help with cost eventually. I bought so much meat in for this week thinking I would need it, it will posibbly last for two. Just need fresh veggies.

Anyway I am going to bed a happy bunny as I have just pee'd on another stick and it is a shade darker than the last one! :)

I might carry on with induction for another week or two if I can.... think I will be able to if this feeling continues :)

9lbs! Wow! That's awesome. Well done!!

Xx

Thank you :D

it's a LOT slower this week but i havent been exercising or eating well to keep my metabolism up., Plus my ketostix are a shade lighter this morning which i think is the citric acid in the fizzy water :( booooo

do you know of any nice fizzy drinks that are legal, apart from coke zero which i can barely tolerate with a vodka in lol

Yes they are allowed on induction... not all Zero drinks though so check labels. Citric Acid isn't great so try and avoid it :)

Dr Pepper Zero is definitely my friend xx

Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper Zero have no citric acid in them, which is why they are ok. I have them in induction, but it depends how strict you are, or which version of Atkins you're following. Some say it's a slippery slope having something so sweet as it may start cravings. For me they stop me reaching for something really naughty!! Don't forget they do have caffeine though, I don't drink any in the evening coz I don't want to be wired all night! The other fruity Zeros do have citric acid, which stalls some (though not all). Happy supping!

Back