On-Line supermarket shopping

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Time4ME, 25 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    In all the years I've had a PC/laptop at home at work, I have never done my Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury shop online....
    My kids 'dont' mind' going about 1 x fortnight but I hate it, dieting or not I have never enjoyed doing it and obviously now more than ever!

I was thinking that the small amount that I need and use, including the kids stuff I can get on line. Obviously if I wanted fillet steak or something I would want to chose my own but hey, for the next month I'm still SSing then I'll go onto 810 - how difficult can cottage cheese and bags of rocket and watercress be to order??????

Does anyone else do their grocery shopping on-line????????????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My mother does......i dunno if it is her or Tesco but she NEVER get sthe right stuff. (Oh, alright then, it's probably her!)

4. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I used to do mine every week and stopped when I moved house.

Just rediscovered it and placed my first order yesterday for Asda online for over 2 years. It will be delivered tomorrow.

I never had any problems when I used to use the service - in fact I used to order loads of stuff for my cafe and they delivered there no problem at all!!!

5. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    I love online grocery shopping! Yes sometimes it a bit hit and miss when they do "substitutions" (but you can always refuse these). I usually do it before I'm having a party / need loads of tinned goods and bottles etc. cos I don't drive and don't want to struggle on public transport...

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I do my shopping online, especially since I have two slipped discs.

* Tescos - very hit and miss, and some of their substitutions are laughable!
    * Asda - very good, brisk service, and nice prices! Regular e-vouchers to cut the cost
    * Sainsburys - a little expensive, but only 1 hr slots so no hanging around for 2 hours waiting! Nectar points :cool:

Haven't tried any others, although always open to the idea :giggle:

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I do my 'main' shop on line at Tesco.com

Sometimes I think theyre having a laugh with their ideas of substitutions but on the whole I like them

Ive used Asda too, not just so keen on them I have to admit

The first time you do a shop takes forever, but after that it takes no time at all, and is well worth the delivery charge

8. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I've used Tesco. Their substitutions are awful - even when you leave a note saying what substitutions you want. They also send stuff too close to its sell/use by date. Don't get me wrong the stuff is still in date but it's not what I would choose myself. I find they always send really fatty meat too. Maybe I'm just fussy, though.

9. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've used tesco's online thingy once... aside from being 30 mins late (after the 2 hour delivery slot I'd waited through...) I can't complain about the order, I got everything I asked for and it was all well in date.
    I much prefer going to the shop though most of the time. I guess I might use it again if I needed to do a real mammoth shop, or really couldn't face going shopping for whatever reason.

10. Deejay

Deejay Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I've done my shopping online for a few years now, and I love it. I used to use waitrose because I loved their own brand foods, but now I use Sainsburys. It doesn't matter because I don't buy food these days! I drink lots of fizzy water and I don't drive, so I get a delivery every few weeks to stock up, and also get my shampoo, washing detergent etc delivered in one go.

And best of all, I don't have to wonder through isles of supermarket looking at all the lovely food I want to eat :D

Dee

11. mustdoit

mustdoit susan

Diet:
    atkins
    once a month for loo paper , baked beans , washing stuff etc .................from tesco .......... never had any probs.............. dairy and veg in work hour ...x

12. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge

This is the route I'm considering..... Thanks guyzzzzzzzzzzzz xxxx

13. hollycat

hollycat To infinity and beyond!

Start Weight:
    23st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7.5lb(32.07%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    A big convert to online shopping, usually go with Asda as free delivery with their credit card, but if offers are on for free delivery have used Tesco.

There are occassional non deliveries of some goods,etc. I have also rung up if they are short dated and have been refunded full price. Could never go back to wandering up and down aisles with my trolley again.

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to admit I buy a lot of convenience food from Tesco and their sell by date is great, like holly if anything has arrived on or the day before its sell by date Ive contacted them and got a full refund

15. sarahloveswelshcobs

sarahloveswelshcobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(8.19%)
    Diet:
    low carb, low fat
    try using www.hotukdeals.com

Loads of tesco discount coupons for either money off shop (£10 on £50 spend and the likes) Free delivery - or sometimes loads of free points. Don't spend your points at the till. Save them up and they are worth 4x the face value. If you see nothing in their deals vouchers that you want... you can always get more than double the value flogging them on ebay !

16. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Thanks for that Sarah - have just added it to my favourites!:cool:

17. Debbiemac

Debbiemac Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Cambridge
    no fair... they won't deliver to me :(
    My nearest Tesco is about 40mins drive (for me!!) But its about 35miles away so they wont come out... they deliver to the next nearest village which is just 4 flippin miles down the road...

Its mad, when I used to live practically next door to one, they delivered when I could have walked there!!

18. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

:hug99: Poor you honey!!

19. Debbiemac

Debbiemac Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Cambridge
    think i'm kind of used to it by now... no shops, no mobile signal.... the views are great but means I am supposed to get off my backside to go look........hmmmm..... that means i also ought to get back in training... the Great North Run has my name in it again :O

20. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hee hee :giggle:

21. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.