On my Atkins journey

Good going Silver... I thing pickled veg in moderation as long as its not in sweet pickle juice :) x

You are so on track Silver - and you've got it right - preparation is the key!

I am very impressed with the soup - and re your meeting tomorrow, what about some cheese and meat roll ups, or a home made quiche - nice cold, in case there's no microwave :)

I have always done this with chicken carcass, but of course before I peeled off every bit of skin, then added at least 1 onion, a load of carrots and some long grain white rice, of course that was in the bad old days. :D

For susie's sugestions - wrap meat around cheese eg salami round cheddar or parma ham around parmesan (my favourite)! Quiche is crustless quiche - recipe in sticky but very easy to make and yummy cold too
Take something that you like for when others on biccys in the breaks - i use pork crackling mainly or the little mini cheeses. To have wit your soup for lunch pick up some fridge raiders in a little supermarket express - little bags of flaoured chicken ready to eat;)

Hi, found you :)

For susie's sugestions - wrap meat around cheese eg salami round cheddar or parma ham around parmesan (my favourite)! Quiche is crustless quiche - recipe in sticky but very easy to make and yummy cold too
Take something that you like for when others on biccys in the breaks - i use pork crackling mainly or the little mini cheeses. To have wit your soup for lunch pick up some fridge raiders in a little supermarket express - little bags of flaoured chicken ready to eat;)

Thanks for your help Katie, well I managed to stay on track, took the soup in a flask and had an Atkins bar on standby but didn't eat it. OMG I love pork crackling!!! I used to buy those gold packets for a treat can't remember the name but they sell them where they sell alcohol, I suppose these are a no no, so how do you get the pork fat to cook crackling? Do you wait until you have a joint to eat or...........oh yes please tell me I can buy it in the supermarket!!!!! :innocent0001:

So had scrambly egg thingie this morning with mushrooms and lardons (not too keen on those but will have to keep on until whole packet is gone LOL!!)

Lunch as above soup

Came home at 4pm had the usual Babybel cheese, salami and a celery stick with Philly

Dinner was the mince cheeseburger thing with a teaspoon of the Branston sauce and some salad.

Not too bad all told, but I need to do some more stuff over the weekend like the New England fish soup and some MíM's and will also make the crustless quiche.

So that's Day 5 over, now for the weekend. I have had moments where I have been STARVING I have to say and normally I would have had something on toast or cake or biscuits or even a jam butty :D but so far so good.

Onwards and upwards..........or should that be downwards on the scales!!

No really - you can eat those gold packets:D. Although a few spicy/flavoured pork crackling packs have a few extra carbs most are fine - look on the label and often only 0.3g carbs a pack:D. They are one of my staples!

No really - you can eat those gold packets:D. Although a few spicy/flavoured pork crackling packs have a few extra carbs most are fine - look on the label and often only 0.3g carbs a pack:D. They are one of my staples!

OMG!!!!! You have just made my day/night, I will hunt some out for tomorrow night's treat, yippeee!!! :D

Some great advice on here! Hope you find the pork scratchings - although I prefer the pork crunch bags to save my teeth as they are less hard to crunch ! Lol

Now don't quote me but I'm sure I've seen a recipe using pork scratchings as a breadcrumb type coating?

Must go and investigate ;)

Morning Silver and sorry not to answer your question re roll ups - thanks for doing the honours Katie :)

I love pork scratchings too, I get Mr Porkys from Tesco.

Re meal ideas, here's some of my favourites - they are all very quick as I'm not known for spending much time in the kitchen :D

- chicken curry - bake chicken thighs in the oven (30 mins usually does it), slice into bite sized chunks, sprinkle curry powder over and mix up, then add a squish of mayo and serve up on cauli rice (grate a cauli head and microwave for around 4-5 minutes
- home made burgers - mix up the mince with herbs, an egg to bind, and add curry or chilli or mustard, form into balls and flatten a bit, then bake for 30 mins - then use iceberg lettuce leaves as your 'burger' and add a slice of cheese and/or bacon
- pork, mushroom and cream sauce - I love the pork steaks on offer at Tesco at the moment, while they are baking I saute some chestnut mushrooms, add a little cream and some mustard, sometimes wilt some spinach in there too - and pour over the pork.

All of these can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner :D

Oh silver! Oxo do curry stock cubes, never tried them but a friend has and say they are great ;) xx

Day 6

Well I've had a funny old weekend out and about Atkins day today.

Had a lie in and got up quite late for me, didn't want to eat until about 11am when I had 2 BIG cups of my home made soup.

Soooooooooo

Breakfast - 2 big cups soup, 1 Babybel cheese, 2 slices salami

Lunch - McDonalds Big Mac, threw away the bread and had a salad with it, Balsamic dressing well it was either this or Caesar so not sure there?? Oh and a diet Coke.

Snack on the bus coming home - Atkins Bar

Now I am home, and I am not really hungry, how weird, just bought a packet of Mr Porky pork scratchings and have started in on them, so will see how I feel after, maybe I will just have some more salami, cheese, olives and a wee bit of pickle see how I feel.

Tomorrow I will do better as I plan on staying in all day, catching up on chores....groan :( and doing some cooking and baking.

Well done on chucking the bun!mi would say though I think you'd have been better with the ceaser instead of the balsamic....think that contains sugar? Maybe one of the wiser crew can help with that.

What was the bar like? Any good?

What day do you weigh in toots?

Xxxx

Morning Silver... well done on the bunless maccie d... hope you have a good Sunday! x

Thank you still going well!!

Breakfast - scrambled egg, 2 sausages, 1 rasher bacon, 6 mushrooms all grilled

Lunch - picked at piece of pork I had cooked and some salami

Dinner - haven't had it yet but FINALLY I made the New England Seafood Chowder looks OK too. I am going to have a go at making the MiM's in a minute so that should be interesting!

Not been that hungry today - have drank all my water and for one glass don't think it's allowed but I had WW cordial they have a new range out and I really like it, Lemon and Elderflower. I will have to ask you experts your opinion? Didn't half make the water go down easier though!! :D

Well done on chucking the bun!mi would say though I think you'd have been better with the ceaser instead of the balsamic....think that contains sugar? Maybe one of the wiser crew can help with that.

What was the bar like? Any good?

Drum roll please, weigh in is tomorrow, is that right?

I started last Monday so thought I would make it my Monday morning ritual.

What day do you weigh in toots?

Xxxx

The bar was OK, I mean you wouldn't exactly go crazy for one LOL!!

I got the Cappuccino Nut and ate it on the bus but it was a bit embarrassing as some of the nuts were like concrete and I had to spit them out into my hanky, real teeth crackers. :p

I think I will get just the chocolate ones next time.

My weigh in is tomorrow........gulp......

Last edited:
Back