On my Atkins journey

Good luck on the WI !! Xx

Congrats!

:happy036:

Well done you Silver!! :D

Morning and a great well done from me

Thanks everybody for the support!! :D

Well it's been a funny old day, didn't actually have "meals" as such just been picking and eating as I felt like it all day, grazing maybe??

I made the New England fish chowder last night, not bad but very watery. :rolleyes:

So today I have eaten and drunk in no particular order...........

2 cups tea with Splenda and soya milk

1 cup of coffee with Splenda and cream

1 mini ff Babybel

3 slices salami

Matchbox size piece of cheese

BIG chunk of roast pork I had cooked from yesterday

2 hard boiled eggs with squirt of Hellmans

1 MiM, MUCH nicer with Splenda and cinnamon and cut and spread with REAL butter - yummy

I cooked up a whole small cauli and mashed it up so it looks like mashed spuds.

I then put half in with the fish chowder as I am substituting the cauli for potato which is what I would normally use to thicken soup, the other half I lobbed in a big dollop of Philly, OMG it tasted so good it took all my willpower to bung it in the fridge for tomorrow!!

Tomorrow I will make the Atkins Coleslaw and have with pork and cauli mash for a meal.

I know I have been a bit remiss today over the veggies and salad but will make it up in the next few days.

Onwards and upwards (or rather downwards) ladies and gents!!

Evening silver, well done on the loss - that's fab:D. And keep enjoying the cooking and experimenting - a diet that's a foodies dream;)

Morning Silver, cold and frosty here, brrrrrrrr

Bright and sunny here in Surrey Jim though I am a Northerner so I do appreciate the weather darn sarf. :)

OK pretty good today folks, though please anybody do pull me up if they think I am doing the wrong thing!!

2 cups tea with Splenda and soya milk

1 coffee with Splenda and cream

Breakfast - 3 slices salami (duly noted it has halved from last weeks 5-6 slices), 1 Babybel FF cheese, 2 hardboiled eggs with a blob of Philly on the top, not too good as the egg taste overpowered the Philly and I couldn't even taste it so I won't be doing that again, will stick with Hellmanns.

Lunch - OMG whoever invented MiM's needs a gold medal (who was it BTW??), so first time I made a plain one on Sunday not too impressed as it tasted very eggy if that makes sense, yesterday I did one with splenda and cinnamon much tastier but oooohhhhh todays surpassed both and I am very happy!! I took Katies advise (thank you) and cooked it in the oven using double the ingredients to make a loaf and I used the silicone loaf tin from Poundland and I was a bit nervous never having used one before in case it melted all over the oven and I would have to scrape burnt "plastic'"off the inside of the oven LOL!! Wow am I ever a convert to silicone!! Because not only does it cook great and evenly but it barely needs a lick to wash it. :D

Oops plus I used salt which I had forgotten in my original try!! :eek:

Sooooo drumroll for my lunch today. The loaf was cut in half then each half sliced lengthways to make 4 slices of "bread" 2 I put in a container for tomorrow and the other 2?

Well I grilled 2 sausages, buttered up my MiM's bread slices and with a squirt of Branston sauce I had a BUTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG it was divine to a breadaholic like me!!

Dinner - Cold pork slices, buttery cabbage (no seeds), cauli with Philly from last night and Atkins coleslaw, however nobody told me that Dijon mustard was soooo DAMN hot, nearly burnt my mouth off, so have added a bit of cream to try and tone it down...........

Managed all my water with the addition of some WW cordial in a glass or two, actually might make a new thread on that as I think these cordials are quite new and not sure if they are kosher?? :4633:

Last edited:
What was your Mim recipe, Silver, and how long did you bake it for?

There are a load of recipes out there but I'm a breadlover too so need to know :D

What was your Mim recipe, Silver, and how long did you bake it for?

There are a load of recipes out there but I'm a breadlover too so need to know :D

From the sticky:

Flaxmeal Bread

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp cocoa and a sachet of splenda

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased bread tin or (better) a silicon mould, bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200 celcius. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

It comes out at something like 596 cals, 29g protein, 52g fat and around 2g net carbs a loaf.

Now check this out, 2g carbs per LOAF!! Is this right?

I have no idea but I know my fave PRE Atkins was Warburton seeded batch loaf, I just checked it out in the name of science!!

Carbs
18.2g :eek::eek::eek:

PER SLICE!!!!

Calories in Warburton's Seeded Batch Bread and Nutrition Facts

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks so much - and if I use Hermesatas liquid sweetener and flex flax - it's carb free! Oh joy! :D :D :D

I like adding lots of herbs, takes away the egginess - and I pan fry them rather than toast them for a more even browning :)

I ground some extra seeds to make a mim tomorrow, you know I was so full from it I've really not eaten much today!

I'll pull you up about your brown sauce, just before Jim does ;)

You seem to have this down pat! Well impressed toots.......you know I'm gonna have to try the choc mim tomorrow's though! Xx

I ground some extra seeds to make a mim tomorrow, you know I was so full from it I've really not eaten much today!

I'll pull you up about your brown sauce, just before Jim does ;)

You seem to have this down pat! Well impressed toots.......you know I'm gonna have to try the choc mim tomorrow's though! Xx

Oh Jim's already told me off LOL!! :D

Let us know how the choc one goes, on the sticky it says about adding more water to make it more cake like or something like that or was it less egg???

Morning Silver, how's things?

Well done on the 5lb loss - amazing ... And the mim sounds fab! X

Back