On my Atkins journey

Morning, it's been bitterly cold, and they are forecasting a return of the snow. :)

Same here Jim. Brrrrrrrr

Well I'm still on track, menu pretty much the same every day, but could be the last of the pork today. Phew.

I forgot to mention I have also been having 1/2 bag of Mr Porky pork crackle for a few days now, oh soooo delicious. :D

Today I am thinking of baking the MiM's loaf as before but making it with Splenda and cinnamon, and then I was thinking of adding Splenda to some Philly........I will let you know if it's yummy.......or not......

MiM's was pretty good but I will have to add more Splenda next time as I have a pretty sweet tooth. I did the Philly with Splenda thing as a spread but I don't know something seemed to be missing? I am sure I have seen somewhere in a non Atkins diet recipe you mixed Philly with sugar and ?? maybe lemon juice to get that frosting they put on carrot cake?

Anyway can't complain, sure it wasn't a chocolate eclair with fresh cream oh how I miss them, but it did fill the hole. I miss jam, is there any substitute for that?

Almost bought a jar of peanut butter from Poundland to put in the MiM's but desisted. :D

Day 11 today and I am losing my appetite.......

Hi silver, i found my tastes gradually changed - find a lot of stuff too sweet now;)

MiM's was pretty good but I will have to add more Splenda next time as I have a pretty sweet tooth. I did the Philly with Splenda thing as a spread but I don't know something seemed to be missing? I am sure I have seen somewhere in a non Atkins diet recipe you mixed Philly with sugar and ?? maybe lemon juice to get that frosting they put on carrot cake?

Anyway can't complain, sure it wasn't a chocolate eclair with fresh cream oh how I miss them, but it did fill the hole. I miss jam, is there any substitute for that?

Almost bought a jar of peanut butter from Poundland to put in the MiM's but desisted. :D

Day 11 today and I am losing my appetite.......

Right chick, add a wee drop of vanilla to the cream cheese Splenda mix, that'll sort it for ya.

Now funny you should mention it but I had a thought that maybe, black currant sf jelly, but not made to full pint....I'll try and see;)

I used to make jelly sweets on SW, jelly and gelatine then cut up....was ok but sickening ery quickly! :flirt2:

Right chick, add a wee drop of vanilla to the cream cheese Splenda mix, that'll sort it for ya.

Now funny you should mention it but I had a thought that maybe, black currant sf jelly, but not made to full pint....I'll try and see;)

I used to make jelly sweets on SW, jelly and gelatine then cut up....was ok but sickening ery quickly! :flirt2:

Ah thanks for that, I wondered what was missing.

Let me know how you get on with your "jam.";)

Morning Silva, I too have lost my sweet tooth after so many years., probably helped that you couldn't get any of the shakes and bars etc when I was on induction.

Well it's a bad day for me here, I have lost nothing, nope nothing. :cry::cry::cry:

I do feel really down as I have been good though it's been a bit of a struggle to eat to be honest. :confused:

Last year after 2 weeks on WW I had lost 7 1/2 lbs. :sigh:

I will give it a month and see how I go and see what the comparison is with WW by then.

I'm so sorry about the no change on the scales... Might be the Splenda as they can stall ... And any sf stuff contains stalling things too...

Also it may be that you're not eating enough or drinking enough water or having enough fat in your menu! The experts on here will help to sort you out! Xx

Hi Silver, yes I agree Di, also I have always been suspicious of some of the L/C and S/F products. Cheese can stall many people, it did me. The other thing is if you're not eating much you may be in starvation mode.

Thanks Jim and Alpaca

Not been really hungry again today. :cry:

For brunch (couldnt eat this morning) I had 2 of those Black & ?? sausages, 1 piece bacon and 2 poached eggs.

It's half past 5 and I have just had a packet of Mr Porky scratchings and plan on having chicken and spinach for my dinner.

One thing I will confess is that I have been drinking red wine every day, yep every single day and I have done this before on different diets, even WW and have never not lost in the second week, I will just have to lose slower than everybody else, but I think I have given up enough goodies!!! ;)

Hi silver, feel for you on the wine but do think that could be a problem. I managed 5 days of the first two weeks of induction before i caved in:)

So getting real - i think a big problem is the empty calories in wine and potentially the carbs (depending on what type of red you like). So my solution is not to drink anything mon- thu but then enjoy a bit of wine fri/sat/sun. Frankly that also meets the latest guidelines of having a couple of days off every week. On hols (like now) i usually have some wine every day and usually sts and sometimes gain:( I also note that when i have wine my calories are always up and sometimes over daily suggestion from mfp both due to the wine calories but ALSO seems to stimulate my appetite

So can you:
Cut a few evenings out
Keep a close eye on cals when drinking
Experiment and see how it goes

Overall i do think low carb is very forgiving and frankly i love a glass of red with my steak but still have to take care!
Good luck

Oh vino may be the problem chick , eek!

But as kat1e says . Suppose though if you are happier being slower to lose then that's your call ;) we'll still be here for you xxxx

Sorry to continue the theme Silver but wine always stalls me, always - which is a shame because I could bathe in the stuff :)

I also don't have cream and really minimise my chese intake - more stallers.

Good luck, hun, I know you will get to the bottom of the problem :)

Sorry to continue the theme Silver but wine always stalls me, always - which is a shame because I could bathe in the stuff :)

I also don't have cream and really minimise my chese intake - more stallers.

Good luck, hun, I know you will get to the bottom of the problem :)

I know you are all right, yet I lost more weight on WW last year, anyway I figure I have given up enough and it's not even Lent!!

GIVEN UP

BREAD (I WAS A BREADAHOLIC!!)
RICE
PASTA
POTATOES
SUGAR
FRUIT
FRUIT JUICE
PORRIDGE
COTTAGE CHEESE
CHOCOLATE :cry:
CAKES
BISCUITS
SWEETS
GREGGS PASTIES
L/C FOOD

and the list goes on, life is too short not to have some pleasure. :p

Greggs has never done it for me, blergh!

I do like a sausage roll, your making me peckish!

Greggs has never done it for me, blergh!

I do like a sausage roll, your making me peckish!

You could make Atkins sausage rolls!! I bet somebody here has a subsitute!! I just wish the recipes were a little easier to find, I have started a copy and paste doc but it's a bit all over the place. :rolleyes:

Back