On my Atkins journey

Morning Silver, oh yes, I've been on maint for ever and ever love. :)

Everything went really well as my niece cooked bacon and eggs for us all and they had butties with sauce and I didn't yay me!!!

SATURDAY

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, 3 slices salami, piece feta cheese.

Snack on bus - Mr Porky small bag

Lunch - Bacon and eggs

Then we all went for a walk around the shops and stopped at a coffee shop they all had cake and lattes, etc, sooo I was in a dilemma, well it was one of these little trendy North London places so I had a latte made with soyamilk, not sure if I am allowed that much soya, but anyway I didn't have a cake not even a little sample of the cake cut up on the counter. Phew!!

I came home at about 7pm and by then I was past hunger so just nibbled another bag of Mr Porky's scratchings, so my veggie carbs didn't exist. :( Today I must do better!!

I gave my sister a taste of my ginger MiM's and she was well impressed, said it tasted just like cake. :D

She said she can't do Atkins full on as she loves her jacket spuds too much but she is considering low carbing it.

TODAY

Breakfast - Streaky bacon, 2 poached eggs, load of mushrooms and 1 tomato fried in butter. :D

Lunch - Cheesburger pie and cabbage

Dinner - Well this is a funny one, I cooked up some pork stir fry strips last night with some mushrooms and I couldn't think what to put in for flavour so no wonder I couldn't eat any dinner, it was just horrible, so I just searched for some recipes and found one for pork MINCE - well too late now as I have cooked the strips but I have more or less followed the recipe, we shall see as it's cooking in the oven now. :p

I mixed the pork and mushrooms in the pan with the cabbage, added a large helping of Lea & Perrins sauce, mixed it altogether and put it all in a dish, poured cream on the top and some streaky bacon.

I have no idea what this is going to taste like, good I hope!!

I REALLY need ideas for Chinese type food, last night I wanted Chinese so bad. I went to Tesco Express on my way home, OK not a lot of choice but I picked up one of those bags of fresh stir fry veggies, the ones with bean sprouts. Now normally I would buy a jar or packet of the stir fry sauce like hoisin or garlic and oyster sauce, and put the pork in and have a nice meal. But I could not find one thing that would make a sauce that wasn't MEGA carbs, so I put the veggies back and came home and made my BORING pork as above which hopefully is somehow transforming as we speak.

Anyway gotta go, just made another MiM's ginger cake and am having a nice little treat will put a bit of butter on one half and a bit of Philly on the other.

All in all not too bad, and I may not have lost on the scales but my sister noticed I had lost weight and my jeans fit MUCH better yesterday. :D

Silver .....all in all a stunning success! Well done!

You need to invest in soya sauce, Chinese five spice, garlic and ginger And you'll be halfway to a lovely stir fry.
What Chinese meals are your favourites?

Good luck for weighing in but I'm sure you won't need it ;)
Xx

Well done on resisting the cakes Silver.

Where is the ginger cake mim recipe? Would love to make one.

That's the great thing about Atkins, losing 5lbs on it is like losing 10 on another plan. You tend to lose it first where you need to the most.

Silver .....all in all a stunning success! Well done!

You need to invest in soya sauce, Chinese five spice, garlic and ginger And you'll be halfway to a lovely stir fry.
What Chinese meals are your favourites?

Good luck for weighing in but I'm sure you won't need it ;)
Xx

Hi Honda, Oh I looked at soy sauce but it was some mega carb amount so put it back on the shelf. MMmm I already use the minced garlic in a jar so will get a jar of minced ginger and Chinese five spice, should I be getting light or dark soya sauce and any particular brand? I just like sweetish sauces like char sui or hoisin nothing tooooo spicy.

You know I am not so focused on the scales at the minute, just going by clothes, I have on a pair of track pants today that are a little snug, but I can't remember the last time I even put them on. :D

Silver you are doing brilliantly - you should be so proud of yourself on resisting the cake and butties!

You are also doing exactly the right thing to succeed - identify your favourite meals and try to find an Atkins-friendly alternative. Google like mad if you're not already, I get most of my ideas online :)

Well done on resisting the cakes Silver.

Where is the ginger cake mim recipe? Would love to make one.

That's the great thing about Atkins, losing 5lbs on it is like losing 10 on another plan. You tend to lose it first where you need to the most.

Hi coffee

Hope this helps, from the sticky I have found this one works well for me:

FLAXMEAL BREAD

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp cocoa and a sachet of splenda

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased bread tin or better a silicon mould, bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200 celsius. It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

It comes out at something like 596 cals, 29g protein, 52g fat and around 2g net carbs per loaf.

As this is double the ingredients for the recipe in a mug I have been having half a loaf per day.

So what I have been doing is tinkering with the recipe as I saw on a page somewhere you could make it more cake like, I have no idea where I got it from:

"TO MAKE YOUR MIM MORE LIKE A CAKE IN TEXTURE

Add a little more baking powder, add 1 tbsp of cream instead of oil and very important add water until the mixture is fairly runny, not too thin but say the consistency of thinnish."

Then it says to microwave but I really don't like MiM's very much in the microwave so have been cooking in the silicone loaf tin in the oven.

Soooo the last time I did the ginger one I added 1 tsp of dried ginger but today I added 2 tsps as I like the taste a little stronger.

TODAY'S GINGER CAKE MIMS

75g flaxmeal
2 large eggs
1 tbsp cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Splenda
1 tbsp cream
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsps ground ginger

Mixed it altogether then kept adding water until it was thinnish as above, bunged it in the oven as above though it does take a little longer to cook and voila one yummy ginger cake!!

I was thinking if we could have sultanas later after Induction we could get rid of the ginger add them and have fruit cake. :D

Oh and I have no idea of the calorie/carb count......

Last edited:
Silver you are doing brilliantly - you should be so proud of yourself on resisting the cake and butties!

You are also doing exactly the right thing to succeed - identify your favourite meals and try to find an Atkins-friendly alternative. Google like mad if you're not already, I get most of my ideas online :)

Aw thanks Susie, it was hard to resist the cake but I can be strong when I want, except with red wine. ;)

Good job we never went out to a fish and chip shop!!! :cry:

Thank goodness the baby was teething so we had to sit it out and wait until she had settled so we could go out, hence my niece cooking lunch, I can't believe I never said, oh go on then I'll just have one piece of bread!! :eek:

You're doing brilliantly!! Well done!! Xx

Wow!! Well done!!! Xx

Morning Silver, so is that week 3? sounds like a typical atkins pattern, big loss first week, nothing second week and then start losing again in the third week.

Morning Silver, so is that week 3? sounds like a typical atkins pattern, big loss first week, nothing second week and then start losing again in the third week.

Yes Jim sure is and besides the wine I also know I would have lost more if I had more to lose if you know what I mean. :D

:bighug::woohoo:
Check you Silver, high ho! Well done! :D

Morning silver! Hope you have a good day! X

Back