On my Atkins journey

Hi Silver

I'm new here and just found your diary. Like you I was convinced that Atkins is the way to go after reading the Gary Taubes book. There's also a blog that I find useful written by Dr Mike Eades who, with his wife, wrote the book Protein Power back in the 80's. Sorry I don't know how to create a hotline, but the site is The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.. I like this blog because Dr Mike and his wife are living LC and have answered tons of questions from a medical perspective.

All the best to you,

Nelle

PS love your avitar!

Hi Silver

I'm new here and just found your diary. Like you I was convinced that Atkins is the way to go after reading the Gary Taubes book. There's also a blog that I find useful written by Dr Mike Eades who, with his wife, wrote the book Protein Power back in the 80's. Sorry I don't know how to create a hotline, but the site is The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D.. I like this blog because Dr Mike and his wife are living LC and have answered tons of questions from a medical perspective.

All the best to you,

Nelle

PS love your avitar!

Ah thanks Nelle,

You know I have a feeling I have done the above diet before. :D

Well, I have done most diets in the world LOL!! Is there a pic of a dark haired man and woman on the front of the book? I will have a look for it later.

Thank you
Barb

OK I have been more conscious today of cream, splenda and cheese and just watching it in general.....

2 cuppa's with soya milk and splenda

B - 100g spinach leftovers with scrambled eggs x 2

L - 1/2 tin salmon, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, matchbox of feta, 8 olives, bit of Hellmans

Snack - 1 SMALL 20g bag of Mr Porkys
1 coffee with tbsp of cream and splenda

Dinner - chicken and some kind of veggie, brocolli or cauli or half and half.

Making a MiM's loaf in my gorgeous silicone container, oh how I love it :heartpump: I will make this one with a bit of garlic, herbs and parmesan and have with a bit of butter if I get peckish watching Corrie on catch up.

I always like to hear what recipes work for people - which one are you using, Silver?

The flaxseed bread recipe from the sticky, it was a big gluggy as the recipe says 2 large eggs and I think mine are medium so I just thinned it down with a bit of water, very nice too.

The next time I make one I was thinking of using ground ginger and making a kind of cake, there is a recipe on the sticky of how to make it cakier if you know what I mean. :D

Morning Barb,

Well, I have done most diets in the world LOL!! Is there a pic of a dark haired man and woman on the front of the book? I will have a look for it later.

Yes, I think you've got the right book. The blog is full of good info.

I made my first mim this morning and would like to make some in the oven. What oven temp and time worked for you?

Thank you.

Nelle

Morning Barb,

Yes, I think you've got the right book. The blog is full of good info.

I made my first mim this morning and would like to make some in the oven. What oven temp and time worked for you?

Thank you.

Nelle

Oh they are MUCH nicer in the oven, I think they taste too eggy in the microwave, I use the Flaxmeal Bread recipe, 200 for 15-18 minutes, delish!!

Because I am baking it in an oblong dish, I cut it in half then cut each half lengthways and I have 2 pieces of bread, genius!!! I am going to have mine in a minute with Philly and avocado. :D

Morning Silver, i drank red wine during induction, still do but only one night a week generally.

LOL Morning, yes and green tea. I was good, really, I do go out more often now but during induction i stuck to Friday nights only as a general rule.

Yesterday

2 cuppas with Splenda and soya milk

B - MiM's and philly and 1/4 avocado

L - Salami, matchbox of cheese, 6 olives, 1 pickled onion for bite :D, bit of salad

S - 20g Mr Porky and a coffee with cream and splenda

D - Lamb chops, cauli mash and brocolli and my yummy gravy.

I take an Oxo and put in about 4 oz boiling water and stir then put in a big hunk of cauli and use my stick blender to mush it up so it's thick like gravy. :D

I stayed on induction for 6 months, but I did have a lot to lose.

And I had over 10 stone LOL

Morning silver :)

Still going well........though went a bit off with the wrong kind of cheese :mad: I was in Lidl and almost by automation bought those processed cheese slices got them home and saw they were 6g of carb for 100g of cheese but I ate half the 200g packet yesterday so that is 6g on cheese alone. Never mind.......

:break_diet:

THURSDAY

Usual 2 cuppa's

Breakfast - Mims with grilled cheese (as above) and spring onion

Lunch - Salami, eggs with mayo, 1 pickled onion, olives

Snack - small back of Mr Porky's

Dinner - Lamb chops with broccolli and lovely gravy

TODAY

Breakfast - Salami, 2 boiled eggs with mayo, 6 olives, matchbox of cheese, bit of that pickled cauli/gherkin

Lunch - 1/2 tin of salmon, and 1/2 of my MiMs ginger cake :D
(I LOVE IT!!)

Snack - small packet of Mr Porky, other half of ginger cake - maybe a little bit of Philly on the top.

Dinner - took some pork stir fry from the freezer, will do some kind of stir fry with ??? and add cream at the end.......

If anybody wants the recipe for the cake thing it's based on the Flaxmeal Bread recipe, so absolutely gorgeous!!! I am quite excited about it LOL!!!

I'm a bit worried about tomorrow as my sister is coming down to London to stay with her daughter and I am meeting them tomorrow, I'm not sure if we are having lunch out or at my niece's place and don't know what to eat, help!!!!

Those processed cheese slices are huge in carbs aren't they? Don't worry hun, you will become an avid label detective like the rest of us :D

If you eat out why not suggest Nandos, there's loads of them around, and then you can have lovely chicken with salad and grilled halloumi mmm - or pubs can be pretty good for steak and salad meals. Otherwise, go prepared with meat and cheese "sandwiches", pork scratchings, that sort of thing. Have a great time!

Those processed cheese slices are huge in carbs aren't they? Don't worry hun, you will become an avid label detective like the rest of us :D

If you eat out why not suggest Nandos, there's loads of them around, and then you can have lovely chicken with salad and grilled halloumi mmm - or pubs can be pretty good for steak and salad meals. Otherwise, go prepared with meat and cheese "sandwiches", pork scratchings, that sort of thing. Have a great time!

Good idea thanks, I will also take a packet of scratchings, an Atkins bar and my ginger cake Mim's.......just in case............

I will be having to try the ginger mim cake! You have me salivating already!

Your doing a grand job, really organised chic xx

Back