On the Dukan journey

Had a good day today. 0.5lb off, no headache, not bloated :) found a recipe for a mousse made with SFJelly and FF Fromage Frais, it's yum so enjoyed that. Had a lovely salad with my evening meal, didn't feel like I was dieting at all. Went for a nice long walk with my daughter. Only thing I was a bit slack on today was the drinking so need to be careful about that tomorrow. Onwards and downwards......

Disillusioned Dukaner

Up a half a pound again today :( I've now had way more days of gain or STS than a loss since I started 12 days ago. I'm still down by 5.5lbs but all of that came off in first 3 days and since then it's been a yo-yo of up a bit down a bit but the ups out way the downs because at one stage I was -6.5 lbs. I have stuck rigidly to the plan and am really starting to wonder now if it's going to work for me:sigh:
I'm thinking maybe I need to switch to a weekly weigh in instead of the daily ones in the hope that over a week I'll see a loss and won't be starting each day on a bad note..... I've posted menus in the daily menu section..... If anyone has any ideas where I may be going wrong I'd appreciate advice. Thanks

I only weigh weekly and i think thats the best way to go as the body fluctuates so much in the course of a week. Your mousse sounds lovely can we have the recipe ?

Only weigh after a PP day - twice a week is plenty. Dr D doesn't mention stalling until it's 10 days without a loss, but if that happens decrease your dairy and tolerated items, increase water and walking and it will come off.

PS For future reference - strong black coffee or ice cold water (or both!) first thing are great for sorting out transit.

It's really simple, I found it on a US Dukan site, take 500g tub of 0% fromage frais, make up a sachet of SF jelly to half volume with hot water, whilst still hot whisk it gradually into the fromage frais and then cover the bowl or decant into smaller bowls if you prefer. Then just leave in the fridge to set. I made a strawberry one and it's lovely. They say you can add sweetener to taste but personally I find it plenty sweet enough without adding any. My kids love it too!
Think I'll definitely cut back on the weigh ins. I started with the Dukan UK site and they required you to send in a daily report including your weight which is what got me started on that. Cancelled the membership to that so don't need to do it now. :)

End of week 2

Well as of this evening I have completed two weeks on Dukan, 1 attack and 1 cruise. As a bonus for managing this,my scales this morning read -3lbs :bliss: I was stunned as I had stalled for a few days. So over two weeks I have lost 7.5 lbs and want to thank you all for the great support and motivation :thankyouthankyou: I'm really looking forward to carrying on with Dukan, it's the least stressful diet I think I've tried and there have been a few :)

Well Done, my start has been similar to yours. Five days attack and lost 6lbs but since then pv/pp/pv I am 1lb up, (-5lbs) hoping for a loss soon, think I will make Friday my regular weigh day. Still can't help scale hopping every day though!

That's fantastic. This plan really does work - I've found whenever I've had a week without much of a loss it's followed by a whoosh of weightloss. Seeing the scales go down really is the best motivation, isn't it?

My Dukan journey got firmly placed on the back seat today. My husband fell off a roof and has broken his back. Thank god he is not paralysed and suffered no other significant injuries despite falling about 24ft. He is in hospital and will be fitted with a back brace on Monday which will be on for about 12 weeks. It has been a terrible shock to us all, but we are just glad he is alive and will be able to walk again. We are going to have to figure out a lot of logistics to keep things running. He is a stay at home dad and does all the school runs etc as my job involves a lot of travel. I also have major back problems and am on a waiting list for fusion at two levels of my lumbar spine so don't know who do the lifting now!! Oh well we'll work it out somehow :) Just hope his pain eases once the back brace is fitted as he is in so much pain at the moment. It was a terrible shock for his dad too who is 91 and relies heavily on my husband for many things including his company. At the moment he thinks everything will be back to normal in a couple of days...... So Dukan - I've managed to stay with the diet so far and intend to keep doing so but can't really focus on it in the circumstances, I'll just do the best I can.

OMG OMG OMG you must be going thru hell ... However im so relieved for you all that he is not paralysed (my sister in law broke c3 and c4 last year (all limbs affected) and i also have an uncle who broke his back in a riding accident and has paralysed legs! I too am disabled with spinal and pelvic issues and altho i can walk short distances; rely heavily on a wheelchair and 2 sticks! OMG i didnt realise what a load of old crocks we were; tilll i saw it listed in black and white lol).

I shant insult you with trite platitudes - at the moment u are living a nightmare and dont need to be placated with 'give it a few months and things will be different. You can only deal with the here and now and musnt try to think too much past tomorrow - bar it being a new day!

My main advice is obviously be strong but allow uourselves to grieve the situation! Its not healthy to almost go in denial and pretend everything will be hunky dory - that eill just lead to a meltdown which is obvioudly something u need to try avoid! One day at a time; and if thats too much - one hour or even one minute at a time!

As for the kids/school etc - u HAVE to get another parent/neughbour/friend to take over that! Obviously u will want to keep their routines as mormal as possible BUT thats one thing u can do without and kids are very afaptable! No matter what age, so long as a change is ecplained why, they will accept it quite happily! Besides they are used to dad doing school run etc - not you - so you taking it over is a change anyway - so sll the more reason to get someone else to do it instead!

Okay km stopping now! Im so so sorry to hear ur devastating news and am sending positive vibes and hugs and ur hubby snd to you all xxxx

Thanks Zebs07. It's very kind of you to take time to message. That's quite a list of personal experiences of spinal injuries! My mum fractured C2 base of peg 5 years ago in horse riding accident and miraculously avoided paralysis and she is still riding now at 70! It can be such a catastrophic injury when any of the spine is involved so we have an awful lot to be grateful for. It'll be a bit of a rocky road for a while but we'll get there. Still managed to stick to the diet so far !!

What a worry for you all, I'm so sorry to read of your husband's accident. Having an accident-prone husband, I've been through lots of little (thankfully) accidents with him and it is such a strain.

I'm sure friends and neighbours will rally round with offers of help for the children and you - if they don't offer then please ask.

Try and take some time out for yourself too - it's easy to get snowed under with everything but you will need a break now and again.

Well done on sticking with Dukan just now - although Dukan will still be there when things are easier for you all should it get too much.

Take care.

Yogi your post shows that we never know what is around the corner. Take care of yourself. Keeping yourself on top form needs to be a priority too. Sending you big 'recovery' hugs and tons of energy too. Thinking of you and your family. xx

omg yogi, how awful for you all , what a blessing he is ok, sending you lots of hugs amd i hope your husband is better soon , and you manage to sort everything out..xx

what a worry for you... take care xx

Thanks guys. True to our '3rd world' health care system he is still stuck on a trolley in A&E 48hrs after he went in, still no back brace fitted. It's a nightmare in there, you could die and they probably wouldn't notice for several hours..... I'll be a lot happier when I can get him home.

Back