On the Dukan journey

Weigh in tomorrow morning, not holding out much hope for a loss. I've struggled to remember what I'm meant to be doing since my husbands accident. I've not been able to get my walks done and I've been really bad at drinking enough. Oh well there's always next week or the week after. Hopefully things will settle down into a rhythm at home and become a bit less stressful and more organised.

How's it all going now! I hope o god he is not still on a feckin trolley - SHOCKING!!!

Thinking of you's... x

Oh Yogi what a shock for you all. I missed this post previously and can only add my best wishes for you all. Be kind to yourself most of all, and please keep posting, irrespective of diet or not.

Please give your husband our best wishes...

Will be thinking you - take good care of yourself

-2.5 this morning despite not walking or even thinking about what I'm eating. I've only eaten stuff on the list but couldn't tell what I've eaten so I suppose that was good enough for a loss. My husband is home now in a back brace. He's only allowed sit for a maximum of 3 half hour intervals a day which includes meals , bathroom and car trips if he has a hospital appointment. The constant pain is getting him down as is the frustration of not being able to do anything but at least he is at home. I'll stick with the Dukan foods and do what I can about exercising though I feel like I'm permanently on the go anyway. 11.5lbs in 3 weeks is a good start and keeps me well on target for goal.

Glad you have your husband home with you, hope the pain eases for him soon.

Well done on your loss too.:)

Sorry to hear this. I hope he gets better soon. Sounds awful for all of you. Stay strong. And well done at sticking to dukan, you really are showing commitment. Im sure your busy enough so dont worry about the walking. Family is more important. Take care xxxx

Managed to get a walk in at lunch time today which I really enjoyed. It was bracingly cold but all the more refreshing for it. OH is in much better form this evening, probably due to me being away at work and not nagging him!! He is getting used to the back brace and pacing himself better, little and often with the moving. He also has better pain relief. It's been a hectic week and I'm looking forward to the weekend and no school runs. All in all I'm coping and that's good enough for now.

Hi Yogi,
Glad Ive found your own diary post eventually after you being supportive with me,
Just read your diary here,
I really feel for you with your husbands accident....hope he makes a full recovery, xx

GEORGIE60 said:
Hi Yogi,
Glad Ive found your own diary post eventually after you being supportive with me,
Just read your diary here,
I really feel for you with your husbands accident....hope he makes a full recovery, xx

Thanks Georgie, so do I !!

Fingers crossed everything is on the up Yogi. xxxxxxx

The day gets better and better..... Only 0.5 lb off this week which I'm very disappointed with :-( Then took my daughter to her annual orthodontic appointment and she needs treatment as her teeth are overcrowded, a mere snip at EUR3260!! She's having a hissy fit because her brother (who had his braces off just recently) found his treatment quite painful and madam doesn't do pain.....at all! So now I've a sulking daughter to go with my incapacitated husband. Life is such fun at the moment.............

Well I was very disappointed with only half a pound off this week but better a half off than on. So this morning I did a remeasure as its a month and -12lbs since the journey began and I'm astounded at the difference that 12 lbs has made... I have lost up to 3" in places and have lost something on every measurement I took, so now I'm feeling re-motivated and a lot happier. The last two weeks have been much more challenging because my will power us so depleted when I am tired and I am very tired!! However I have not given in even once to the temptation if a non Dukan food, I've not been great with the water and I'm struggling with the walks as my back is playing up because of all the extra lifting, carrying etc. I've been doing since my husbands accident. The worst offender is those damn shopping trolleys, they are designed to make a bad back weep..... But my uniforms are already more comfortable and I've bought a belt for my jeans so plenty to be pleased about despite the challenges. Onwards and downwards, here's to more shrinkage!!

Glad that the measuring tape is being kinder than the scales, but you'll probably be rewarded with a much bigger loss in the near future.

I am :eek: at the cost of orthodonic treatment - need to make an appointment for my eldest (and no doubt my daughter will need too in the future as they both have small jaws).

Hope your husband is feeling a bit better and well done to you for keeping everything ticking along.:)

robinhood said:
Glad that the measuring tape is being kinder than the scales, but you'll probably be rewarded with a much bigger loss in the near future.

I am :eek: at the cost of orthodonic treatment - need to make an appointment for my eldest (and no doubt my daughter will need too in the future as they both have small jaws).

Hope your husband is feeling a bit better and well done to you for keeping everything ticking along.:)

Thanks...... I wish the minimins app allowed you to 'like' and 'thank' people...

I too wish I could like and thank peeps on the phone app - as it's the way I access minimins all the time

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back