One day at a time...

TeddyT

I re joined on Saturday and what a horribly shameful weigh in that was. Not that anyone at the lovely group made me feel that way. They were so welcoming and kind. The leader is hilarious and very easy going. I love the way he understands and with no judgement.

The only person who was judging me was as usual, me.
The only person being unkind and mean, was me.

It's time to stop punishing myself and time to look after myself.

I'm 38, single, 23st,pre diabetic and this week i bought a pair of size 24 trousers.

If not now....when?

Do hello to everyone! I look forward to getting to know people here. I love being online and the support it can offer. Seeing other people's stories really inspire me.

So...here we go

Day 1

B: 1 slice wholemeal toast (hexb) 2 poached eggs. Tbsp ketchup 2 syns. Pear. Tea (hexa)

L: jacket potato, chicken breast and salad. Light salad cream 4 syns

D: chicken paella with vegetables

Syns. 6

Found you :hide:.....
It's crazy how we think so negatively about ourself isn't it :asskick:. I'm trying not to do it again -not easy but I keep telling myself "I'm trying and that's a start". Glen has been telling me for ages to stop putting myself to the bottom of the list of priorities so I had my hair cut n coloured a couple of weeks ago and I'm determined to be kinder to myself.
I'm sure we can crack this :D....

Thanks sexy :bolt:

Yes Capricorn, we are so silly. Looking after everyone yet never ourselves. I dont understand it! If i were a friend of mine I would be going out of my way to help them stick to a plan and get to their goals!! Its maddening
:banghead:

BUT!!!!

Today I stuck to plan :)

It wasn't easy as I attended the funeral of a friend's dad. He was only 67. I hate cancer with a passion I often have dreamt that its a thing and Im punching it in the face. Those awful dreams where you have no power, it feels like you're under water! Both my parents died of it recently too, so it brought back that grief. Just a bit.
But there we go, I dint fall face first into a trifle, so all it well!

B: Milk in tea (Hexa) 1 slice wholemeal bread (hexb) 2 poached eggs, ketchup (2 syns)

L: Chicken paella with lots of veg in it. a pear

D: SW chicken tikka from Iceland (really good. REALLY!) with butternut squash and basmati rice. Oykos pear yoghurt (6syns)

Options hot choc 2 syns

syns 10

I think because I had something else to think about that the food part of my day wasnt an issue. I just wish everyday were like that, losing the food obsession would be nice.

One day :rolleyes:

Hello!

I started my 2nd placement a high school today. Did i mention im a trainee teacher? Anyways i hardly slept last night. Such anxiety i was sleepwalking too!! Think i got 3 hours in before i was up at 6 and driving at 7. My back it's really bad today. Sitting I the car for an hour was not good and i could hardly get out of the car when i arrived. I even drive with a heated beanbag thing on my lower back the whole way, didn't help :(

My tummy isn't good today. Must be nerves.

And i know no one here. My last school was so amazing i feel like crying.

So all in all a crappy day. Best not let that creep into my food plan though! There is an iceland near the school so I'm looking forward to trying some more sw meals. So handy.

Hex a. Milk
Hex b. Alpen lights x 2 apple

B. Oykos yog 6 syns

L. Chickeb paella. Pear.

D. steak, sweet potato and side salad.
Key lime pie muller 1 syn

Syns 7/15

Last edited:
Best of luck at your new school! You'll be great although I understand the nerves. I'm a midwife and when training every 6 or 8 weeks we moved to a different placement, just when you start to feel settled and feel like you kinda know what your doing!

Your tummy will be better tomorrow because you'll know what you're heading to! Have you tried a deep heat rub or anti inflammatory for your back?

Well done at sticking to plan - it's always hard when you're not feeling 100% xx

Thanks Poko! My friend keeps mentioning a machine like a TENS I should try. Need to order it and see.
#
Just got home, the drive back wasnt too bad. On the way I ended up popping into Morrisons - due to the 10 mullers for £2 offer!!!! Found a kind employee who is also doing SW and she went out the back to find the flavours I like :wee:

Currently munching a key lime pie one for 1 syn, not bad at all.

Picked up a bargain £2 steak so will have that will a sweet potato and a small salad later. Might have to be sooner rather than later as I am tired!:kitty:

Another day at school, feeling better about it! My tutor from Uni came into see my mentor and me. Which was great, he's very inspiring and really settled those last remaining nerves down.

Still not eating much for breakfast, I just cant eat when I first get up and having to leave at 645am to drive here means I have a quick yoghurt before the school day begins. Then a snack at break, seems ok for now.

Hex A: Milk Hex B: 2 x apple alpen lights

B: Oykos yoghurt 6, Coffee

L: Chicken Paella

D: Pork chop with rice (1 syn for half a pouch) and side salad + 2 syns of light salad cream. All washed down with a diet Dr Pepper BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP :whip:

Muller light strawberry and white chocolate balls 2.5syns

11.5 /15 syns so far...

Last edited:
its so easy...maybe not authentic!

Fry off some onions and garlic and small chunks of chicken so they are a little coloured (dont have to be cooked) , throw in peppers, peas, any veg you like really. Then chick in rice, stir and add chicken stock.

Like a risotto. Add prawns last. Then once the rice is cooked, leave it to settle, gas off, for 5 mins. Throw in chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon all over and youre done.

I brought some risotto rice ages ago an it's still in my cupboard unopened lol, def need to try make a paella though you will have to post a pic of yours.

I do Spanish rice with chicken n chorizo that is yummy . tumeric is what is used to make picallili yellow but be warned it stains everything xx

Lol I looked at that it just looks like your normal microwave meal I don't mind the chicken pizza thing in tomatoe sauce

So bored. Was supposed to sit in on 4 lessons today but they've all been cancelled. So I'm just sat in the staffroom. Bored. Can't go home!

B: ham tea (hexa) 2 x alpen lights (hexb)

L: half golden rice pouch 1 syn. Pork chop no fat and baby plum toms. Pear. Muller light strawberry and choc balls 2.5 syns

D: 4 heck chicken paprika sausages 1syn (they are tiny) sweet pot + bns wedges n beans with mushrooms, peppers and hot sauce.
10.5/ 15 syns

Eta 2 x rocky road hifis. 6 syns

Well that took 5 mins...still bored

Last edited:
Boarded leads to fidgeting an that leads to the fridge good job your not at home, what age are you going to be teaching ( I am right I hope that your training to be a teacher).

Oink!

Dinner was so good.

Does anyone know if sweet potato is a speed veg?

Attachments

• IMG-20160225-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20160225-WA0000.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 25
Back