One down, eight to go!

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
I lost an amazing 3lb yesterday morning taking me to 1st1lb lost and my 1 stone award! It also took me into the next stone bracket - bye bye "18" on the scales forever as far as I'm concerned.

I think part of why I'm so amazed is that it was my birthday at the weekend, and I had lunch at my parents' house with a whole load of other people on Saturday (I cooked SW Pork and Apple Casserole and everyone said it was delicious - I said afterwards that it was a SW recipe and they were pleasantly surprised) and then went out for a curry on Saturday night. Chicken Dhansak, boiled rice and ONE poppadom. And yesterday I got the reward for behaving myself! :bliss:

Funny thing is, I genuinely don't think I would have enjoyed the meal or enjoyed myself any more if I had filled up on loads of poppadoms, naan bread and fatty stuff like I used to. I'm getting the hang of this I think. :flirt2:

So, 1 stone down, 8 to go, and I'm owed another bead for my Pandora bracelet to join my love heart (birthday gift from my husband) and my penguin (half stone award)! Yay, shinies!

4522377039_5191ff1dcd.jpg

Last edited:
Well done hun, that's great going! I'm also a Pandora girl and due my next charm in 1.5lbs time!!! So far OH has got me a loveheart and a buddha for my weight loss, and I've also got a chicken (my business), a dice, faith, hope and charity and my star sign! Next charm will be a bead to add some colour! Love them and a great incentive xxx

They are a great incentive aren't they? :D

This is my next one - I get one of these for each full stone, and a silver animal for each half stone. :D

4521130502_4db9bf28bc_m.jpg

I get a charm for each half stone too - we're very lucky to ahve such great OH's! My next one is a coloured Milano bead and then I've got my eye on the suitcase charm as a further incentive for my hols in September! xxx

I think my husband possibly wasn't counting on me accumulating the first few charms so quickly, but bless him, he's not complaining!

I think my husband possibly wasn't counting on me accumulating the first few charms so quickly, but bless him, he's not complaining!

LOL! Mine neither - I don't think he thought about the money he was actually agreeing to fork out! x

I think that's the only thing with them, the expense - my friend said she wanted a gold one until she actually looked at the price of them. She was horrified! My bracelet is well on the way to being the most valuable thing I own already (I don't own a house or a car), which terrifies me!

well done! your bracelet is lovely, I'd love to do summat like that, but will have to wait til I find a new job :(

thank you for the link im gonna make it! question when the recipre says "then cover and simmer for 1 hour " what gas mark do you simmer on? or could i just chuck all the ingrediants in my slow cooker?

I just simmer it on the hob on low and stir it every now and then to stop it sticking, to be honest. I keep meaning to try it in the slow cooker too!

well done!! what a lovely idea for the bracelet-like a little reminder of how well your doing!

Sharon - yep, I just make it on the stove in a big non-stick pot with a lid. I'm going to make a double batch of it tomorrow night actually and freeze a whole load of it, it freezes really well.

The braclet is a great idea, I think I will have to ask my husband for the same, it will be a gud way to remind myself how far I have come with my weight loss

Back