Total Solution One Hundred and Twenty Two Pounds -_-

squish

Hello!

I have just started Exante today and I thought I would make a diary so I could keep on track and behave! The first week is always the hardest!

Last night I went to a pub quiz and won! I also enjoyed many alcoholic beverages and some KFC afterwards - 'The Last Supper' style.

How I got here:

I have always been big, it all started at the age of 10 when I hit puberty and suddenly I ballooned up and would put on weight very easily. Aged 12-14 I weighed about 12- 14 stone give or take a few pounds. At age 14 - 18 I suffered from manic depression and to help myself through it [aka make it worse...] I would comfort eat, alone, in my room. I would hide crisp packets behind my bed and binge at night watching films. During this time I put on a lot of weight and got up to about 18 stone. I managed to curtail my depression with help from my family and doctor however it is still very much alive deep in my soul.

At 18 I went to university and this is where I went wild! I drank so much alcohol and ate every type of takeaway known to mankind. If anyone is from Middlesbrough they will know about the legendary Parmo... I have consumed many of these! Weirdly enough though despite the weight I managed to meet the most amazing boyfriend and I am still with him today :D However I also got up to 21 stone!

Since completing my degree and moving back to my hometown I got down to 18 stone 5 by watching what I ate and going on my exercise bike a few times a week. However I have now been unemployed for 2 years! This is highly depressing and has really affected my self confidence. I don't have much work experience and I know this is letting me down, yet my weight is really holding me back. I am so shy and nervous around people because I think they are going to judge me by the way I look. I know that some people will and do [sometimes they express it to me in the meanest way]. I just think losing a lot of weight would finally help my confidence because honestly the only thing that keeps surfacing when thinking and applying for jobs is that I am massive and uncomfortable.

So... now I weigh 19 stone 10... AGAIN and it is the final straw. I started researching Lighter Life after seeing a TV show mentioning it but seeing as I am unemployed £70 a week is just ridiculously expensive. Then I came upon Exante, it looks perfect so I have started!

[sorry dragged on a bit]

First day:

Breakfast: I had the chocolate shake, blitzed up with 200 ml of water and poured over ice. Much more pleasant than expected and strongly reminds me of cake mixture! A little too thick.

Lunch: vanilla shake, same process but with 250 ml of water - tastes like wheaty milk which is pretty pleasant.

Dinner: I will be having the banana shake with a little more water I think!

So far... seems doable. ^_^

Good luck hun! This is the first step for a new you and you can and will do it :D I am on day 9 and it really is worth sticking with as it gets easier as the week goes on :D

I too lack confidence as I worry what people think about me and being this weight holds me back from living the life I could be living -

This is a great place and you will get lots of help and support from everyone good or bad days ;)

Hi Squish, Imagine life for me...surrounded by parmos day in day out!! Not really an issue am bit of a boro veggie!!
Good luck with your journey, mine started around 10 years old too, dipped in and out of mega fat mode, but back in it now! (well not last 13 days maybe!!)
Best wishes for a good first loss!

Hi Squish,
Know what you mean about our weight knocking our confidence.
You have made a great start and sound really positive.
I restarted 3 days ago and am getting to the point where I don't think about food all the time.

Try to focus on one day at a time and not think about the length of time till you reach your desired goal.
Stay with us on the board and enjoy the support and understanding of all that are on here. Good luck.

hey , good luck on exante . Your story sounds very much like mine !!! I remember every day getting home from school buying 3 bags oif crisps and 5 choc bars and locking my bedroom door ....... total binge / comfort eater .. food became my best friend and my worst enemy all rolled into one !!! I started TFR diets at 19 stone ...... and am now getting close to where I want to be ... was heavier than this when I was 11 !!!!! It may not seem possible now but the weight flies off and the time flies by and before you know it you will be slim :D

Hi Squish.

Good luck with your journey to slimness! I remember the shame of my mum finding about 50 empty crisp packets in the drawer under my bed when I was about 15........didn't stop me being overweight for most of my life. But I will not be that fat person any longer and this diet is the best thing I could ever have started and I am sure most people agree on this forum.

:wavey: x

Wow! Thank you all very much for your support, I didn't expect such a great response. Glad to know many people have been and done what I have and still have the strength to lose the weight. Strength in numbers!

Seems a lot of us would secretly binge eat in our rooms for comfort. It annoys me when people don't understand that some people eat for emotional reasons just like someone would take drugs and drink to numb the pain. I definitely believe that is one of my biggest problems, food addiction. I obsess about food and I have built up a stigma around certain types so that when I eat it I feel huge guilt which just makes it even worse because then I eat more to comfort myself! Terrible vicious circle.

Food today:

Breakfast: Had a vanilla shake this morning with a shot of espresso from the coffee machine and poured over ice. It was amazing! My favourite so far. Will be repeating! :D

Lunch: Tried the strawberry shake today which I didn't really like... but I don't like normal strawberry milkshake anyway so not really a surprise. Will probably split it with chocolate next time and see if I can overpower the strawberry taste.

Dinner: I will be having a chocolate shake tonight, may put a little bit of coffee in again and see what that is like. I think I may warm it up a little as others have suggested.

:patback:My first temptation has happened already! My mum and dad have come back from a trip and wanted to take my bf and I to a favourite Italian of ours for dinner. I told her I had just started Exante and she was a little disappointed but I refuse to be sabotaged this early on! Especially with Italian food! I have to stop thinking of food as a treat and start planning on what I would have in the future once I have lost the weight. Meat and veg all the way.

Stay FOCUSED! :cool:

I was brought up to believe food was a treat or reward so it is easy to feel a diet like this is punishment or those deprived feelings can set in - I just keep focused on how good it will feel at the end when I can wear what I like and people will only have nice things to say about how I look ;)

Well done for saying no - that takes a lot of willpower!! You seemto be doing great today hun :) Hope you have a good week!

Quick update: I am starving! :eating:

Woke up at 8am in dire hunger! Felt a bit weird last night, almost like I was high? hehe. Felt really dizzy and kind of sick. Slept like a log but this morning I was awoken by my tummy contorting!

Breakfast: Had my banana shake [which I think may be may favourite already]. Made it up with 350 ml of water which seems like the perfect thickness.

Lunch: Chocolate shake, very yummy!

Dinner: Vanilla shake... I was starving by this time!
Had a cheeky look at the scales and it says I have lost 5 pounds already! After 2 days??? I know most will be water etc but woah!

Update: I feel extremely dizzy and slightly sick but not hungry anymore!

Last edited:
Just remember to keep drinking water, its my saviour when i'm feeling hungry. Don't give up, you can do it :)

Much better day today, wasn't hungry at all and no more dizziness!

Breakfast: Vanilla shake.
Lunch: Half strawberry half chocolate.
Dinner: ^^ ^^

Got an email from Exante today as I am sure many of you did about some shakes being sweet. My chocolate ones are the same batch number so I am thinking they must be sweeter than normal! Shame because I actually like them like that! Ah well...:D

Felt great today and had lots of energy!

Breakfast: Banana [think this is my favourite for sure!]

Lunch: Vanilla - nice and fluffy.

Dinner: Chocolate... tried to make it into a mousse but it didn't really work... think I put too much water in. Any tips would be appreciated!

Had a good day today, wasn't hungry, wasn't dizzy, wasn't tired. Henna'd my hair today which takes about 5 hours so ended up watching some films to pass the time which also helped with keeping my mind off food.

Bought a book on my Kindle today to help with my creative slump and hopefully it will motivate me to do work for my portfolio. I desperately need a job and in general some hope and motivation.

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Chocolate
Dinner: Strawberry

:17729: My Mum cooked some roast turkey today -_- and while I was making my strawberry shake I had a piece about the size of half my thumb. It was a bit cheeky but at least I didn't eat a whole slice. Just needed a little bit to keep my cravings at bay.

I have been drinking coke zero and dr pepper zero to help with the cravings too, max 2 a day. Hope this isn't affecting the diet in anyway... to make sure I had a cheeky weigh in and it states I have lost 9 pounds so far. I also breathed on my bf and he confirmed my breath is still metallic and stinky! haha... which in this situation is oddly a GREAT thing! :8855:

This is Day 6 and I am very proud of myself for sticking to it 100% minus the mini slip up today. I hope I can keep surprising myself in the weeks/months to come!

Good luck everyone, keep positive!

Hi Oh yes three spoonfuls of tuna indeed...how sad am I that I needed tuna!! Bloomin heck am one saddo dietter now!!
Meal off tonight as friend staying over, so having BBQ protein and sald, first proper meal off in 20 days...wouldnt have thought it was possible! So even if slows down losses still got 8 days to get the the magic stone a month so thats all tickety boo!
Have good rest of Monday!

You are doing great hun, well done and keep it up :D

Hey squish
Just wanted to call in and say hi and good luck with your first week I hope your weigh in goes great :)

Hello!

Thank you for the support Dust, Katt and Dawn! It really does help knowing people are in the same boat.

Weigh-in day today and I have lost.... 12 pounds!!! :eek: Which gets me into the 18 stone bracket :D I am so happy! :D

Yesterday however was a different story... I had the biggest headache EVER. One of those ones that makes you feel sick and gives you a cold sweat. I still went to a pub quiz though! All I drank all night was water, fizzy water and a black coffee! I am so proud of myself ^_^ I normally have a cigarette too when I go to the pub but I heard you shouldn't really smoke on this diet so refrained. wooo. Still got a slight headache today but it is no where near as bad as yesterday.

Yesterday food:
Breakfast: Vanilla
Lunch: Strawberry ...[ still disgusting -_-]
Dinner: Banana

I'm not going to say what shake I had each day now as this was just to keep me in check for the first week. It will get very boring if I just repeat a different combination of shakes everyday! hehe.

This morning I mixed a warm coffee with the vanilla and it was very, very tasty!

I have hope that this maybe the diet to conquer all diets! ^_^

squish said:
Hello!

Thank you for the support Dust, Katt and Dawn! It really does help knowing people are in the same boat.

Weigh-in day today and I have lost.... 12 pounds!!! :eek: Which gets me into the 18 stone bracket :D I am so happy! :D

Yesterday however was a different story... I had the biggest headache EVER. One of those ones that makes you feel sick and gives you a cold sweat. I still went to a pub quiz though! All I drank all night was water, fizzy water and a black coffee! I am so proud of myself ^_^ I normally have a cigarette too when I go to the pub but I heard you shouldn't really smoke on this diet so refrained. wooo. Still got a slight headache today but it is no where near as bad as yesterday.

Yesterday food:
Breakfast: Vanilla
Lunch: Strawberry ...[ still disgusting -_-]
Dinner: Banana

I'm not going to say what shake I had each day now as this was just to keep me in check for the first week. It will get very boring if I just repeat a different combination of shakes everyday! hehe.

This morning I mixed a warm coffee with the vanilla and it was very, very tasty!

I have hope that this maybe the diet to conquer all diets! ^_^

Fantastic news :D on the WI and the lack of cigs :) good on you squish :)
I used to hate the strawberry but I can tolerate them now it does get easier :)

Back