one step at a time

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg, mushrooms, a banana and a plum
Snack – pear
Lunch – chicken and veg soup, some frozen grapes
Snack – quavers (4.5 syns)
Dinner – chicken tikka masala and saffron rice a plum and a frozen muller light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with grilled cheese (HEa)

Total 4.5 syns

So had a reunion tonight. Met up with a few people I’d not seen in about 12 years! It’s amazing how people’s lives spiral off in completely different directions yet with the different choices and decisions made, even after 12 years you can still see why they were friends in the first place.

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg, mushrooms, a banana and a plum
Lunch – chicken and veg soup, blueberries, pomegranate and muller light
Dinner – was out for dinner so had saved syns for the evening but had still planned on being sensible. Opted for chicken wrapped in parma ham on a bed of mediterranean roasted veg. Being bad I’d also ordered a portion of patatas bravas (only ate half), knew these would be fried but allowed for the syns. Also had a slice of garlic bread. All was well until I realised that the chicken and veg and had a generous ‘drizzle’ of oil. Grr! I’m sure I’m over the 15 syns but I had had a few good days there so fingers crossed this doesn’t hold me back come Sunday.
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15+? syns

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana and some blueberries
Lunch – mugshot
Snack – peach and some grapes
Dinner – Szechuan beef with noodles
Snack – Rocky Road (10 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15 syns

WI tomorrow afternoon, not feeling any slimmer this week, in fact feeling a bit bloated, think it may well be another STS. Hopefully it won’t be a gain.

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana and some blueberries
Lunch – Tomato and Pepper soup, peach and an orange
Snack – pear
Dinner – breaded haddock (8.5 syns), SW chips and baked beans, grapes and a nectarine
Snack – Frozen Muller Light
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 13.5 syns

if only i could throw that in every few weeks as an excuse... lol

lost a pound

gonna push the superfree this week! remind me if needs be!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Lunch – Tomato and Pepper soup, nectarine
Snack – pear
Dinner – baked potato, bacon, cabbage, leek and swede. Some frozen grapes and a peach
Snack –muffin (10 syns) and a Muller Light

Total 15 syns

Today I decided to go green, so I switched off all the plugs that were on standby and used my bag for life when doing my Tesco shop (see what I did there? Hehe)

Lunch – Tomato and Pepper soup, 2 chicken thighs and a nectarine
Dinner – Quorn bolognaise (quorn, onion, carrot, mushroom, garlic, chilli, tomatoes), Rigatoni, some grated cheese (1/2 HEa) and some SW chips (as I had to try out my new chip mat thing)
Snack – orange and plum, bag of wotzits (5 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 5 syns

if the banana is mushed up then you have to syn it

tho 1 tbs of nutella is only 4 syns... tho i suppose you'd really want 2/3 tbs to make it enjoyable

Strange that you have to syn a mushed banana as it gets mushed inside your mouth lol.
Potato and Leek soup you were doing very well with your losses when you were eating that,Do you have the Recipe please ....

Hey Westworld, welcome aboard

I know what you mean about bananas, but there’s something about pureed/mashed fruit and there’s different explanations about the sugar composition changing or the fact that it takes less of an effort to eat. I’m sure somewhere there’s a definitive answer but I just know to avoid and it does me for the time being lol

To be honest the Leek and potato soup usually depends on what I have in the fridge, sometimes I include onions, sometimes add more/less leeks or potatoes etc but the basic recipe is as:

large onion
2 bay leaves
1.2 litres/2pt chicken stock (3 or 4 oxo cubes)
681g/1½ lb potatoes
1 large leek
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Place in a large saucepan along with the bay leaves and 142ml/ ½ pt of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the potatoes. Trim the leek and slice lengthwise. Rinse under cold water to remove any trapped earth. Shake well to remove excess water and then shred.
3. Add the potato the leek. Pour in the remaining stock and season well (I don’t tend to add salt as I don’t use it but I do put LOADS of pepper in, gives it a decent kick). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
4. Discard the bay leaves blend to whatever constancy you like, sometimes I like to keep it lumpy, other times smooth, if need be you could add some extra chicken stock if the soup is extra thick
It’s free on Green and EE and 6 syns on red

Hi Why_d
First time I've had a look through your diary - well done on your fantastic losses so far! You've done really well!!

Going back a while, how were the chicken and mushroom pies from the mag? I'm going to make them tomorrow yum yum. I made the Lancashire Hotpot on the weekend - it was scrummy

Thanks Sarah!

really enjoyed the pies! will def make again! the portabello mushrooms gave them quite an earthy flavour def something worth a try and then tinker with to suit tastes

still have one in the freezer, which will prob be gone by the end of the week!

Last edited:
Still going green although I’m sure the Ozone layer isn’t thanking me for my contribution to the methane gases

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana and blueberries
Lunch – Veg and barley broth, blueberries and blackberries and a muller light
Snack – pineapple
Dinner – Quorn bolognaise (quorn, onion, carrot, mushroom, garlic, chilli, tomatoes), Rigatoni, some grated cheese (1/2 HEa), some pineapple and a muffin (10 syns)
Snack – some pineapple, blackberries and frozen grapes

Total 10 syns

Hey Westworld, welcome aboard

I know what you mean about bananas, but there’s something about pureed/mashed fruit and there’s different explanations about the sugar composition changing or the fact that it takes less of an effort to eat. I’m sure somewhere there’s a definitive answer but I just know to avoid and it does me for the time being lol

To be honest the Leek and potato soup usually depends on what I have in the fridge, sometimes I include onions, sometimes add more/less leeks or potatoes etc but the basic recipe is as:

large onion
2 bay leaves
1.2 litres/2pt chicken stock (3 or 4 oxo cubes)
681g/1½ lb potatoes
1 large leek
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Place in a large saucepan along with the bay leaves and 142ml/ ½ pt of the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the potatoes. Trim the leek and slice lengthwise. Rinse under cold water to remove any trapped earth. Shake well to remove excess water and then shred.
3. Add the potato the leek. Pour in the remaining stock and season well (I don’t tend to add salt as I don’t use it but I do put LOADS of pepper in, gives it a decent kick). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
4. Discard the bay leaves blend to whatever constancy you like, sometimes I like to keep it lumpy, other times smooth, if need be you could add some extra chicken stock if the soup is extra thick
It’s free on Green and EE and 6 syns on red

Thank you and good luck ..

Green day 3

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana and blueberries
Lunch – Veg and barley broth, blueberries and blackberries and an orange
Dinner – cottage pie made with the last of the Quorn bolognaise, some sw chips
Snack – orange, blackberries and frozen grapes, wotsits (5 syns)

Total 5 syns

Lunch – mugshot and some breaded chicken (not sure of syns) and an orange
Snack – some frozen grapes
Dinner – baked potato, cabbage and a pork chop, nectarine
Snack – frozen muller light

Total syns, more than 5, less than 15 (I hope)

Back