one step at a time

Hi there :wavey:

Just stumbled across your diary and wanted to say well done for a fantastic weight loss so far! A great start and you seem to be getting the hang of it really well. I can fully relate to the bread cravings- I miss bread so much and I only really allow myself to eat the weight watchers bread because I can't be trusted with anything else. I especially miss garlic bread and whopping slices of fresh white bread with butter! :(

Lol anyway, I shall be an avid reader from now on to see how you are going so bye for now and I will drop in soon!

Claire xx

Hi there :wavey:

Just stumbled across your diary and wanted to say well done for a fantastic weight loss so far! A great start and you seem to be getting the hang of it really well. I can fully relate to the bread cravings- I miss bread so much and I only really allow myself to eat the weight watchers bread because I can't be trusted with anything else. I especially miss garlic bread and whopping slices of fresh white bread with butter! :(

Lol anyway, I shall be an avid reader from now on to see how you are going so bye for now and I will drop in soon!

Claire xx

thanks claire! happy to have you along! will have to have a wee peek through your diary!

another good week for me 5.5lbs off!

Breakfast – 2 Weetabix (HEb) 100ml of semi skimmed milk (1/2 HEa) and a banana
Snack – muller light and a plum
Lunch – Leek and potato soup and some chicken thighs, a nectarine
Dinner – Chicken Kiev (from the SW mag, 2.5 syns), champ, carrot and parsnip, apple pie (11 syns)
Snack – some pineapple and a plum
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 18.5 syns

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg, a banana and a nectarine
Snack – pear
Lunch – Leek and potato soup and some pineapple
Dinner – Lasagne (1/2 HEa for cheese), peas and SW chips, ketchup (1 syn) frozen muller light and some pineapple
Snack – quavers (4.5 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 5.5 syns

you are doing well!

Hello just read through your food diary. I am amazed how little everyone eats. I am with slimming world for just under a month now. I have lost 8 lbs. My next weighing is on wednesday. I am eating sooo much. I never trust that I am losing any weight as I stuff myself all the time. I look at the pictures of SW people who post their food online and thinking...god I would be starving eating that little. yes I lost weight, but I wonder if you have to control myself a little with the portion sizes. I don't understand though, as my SW consultant says I can eat as much as I like of the free food. Is there something I don't get? Anyways...it is not about me. Good luck to you!:)

Last edited:
Hey Sab! good to have you with us!

i'm amazed that i'm losing weight as really if you see how much i'm eating i dont understand! but i am and it's great. i wouldnt have ate half of what i'm eating now but it's all about the combinations and how they're prepared. as for portion control i just keep in mind that if i want that 10oz steak i still have to eat at least a third superfree food on top of any potatoes etc that i'm having with it so that cuts me down sometimes - but not all the time, lol

i'm not a salad fan so the bulk of my free food is made up with fruit and some veg, costing a fortune but well worth it!

just been reading your blog entries, dont worry about not losing anything this week, you'll find that. i went one week from losing 18lb, then nothing then half a pound then three and a half. its just your body getting used to the changes. stick with it.

with regards to seeing your homepage, if you click on the User CP icon at the top menu, it'll show you any responses to threads that you've commented on. you can also check them out via the subscribed threads part of the quick links menu. you'll not be able to add a photo until you post 20 posts and then it'll open up even more options once you get to the 50 mark. this there are details in the Off Topic threads or in the introductions sections.

hope that helps.. and that you find my thread again to read this, lol

Thank you!

Hello again,

thanks for your reply. I am still a bit unsure about navigating around on this site but I am amazed how many people are on here and how easy it is to communicate. I have got my ticker thingy wrong for unknown reason but I guess I am just a bit clumsy and tired at the moment.
Thank you again for your nice reply, it is very difficult to find people around you to talk about weight loss so I am utmost grateful for every little help.

Have a good night x

Argh, was all geared up for a flexi syn night tomorrow night, been looking forward to it all week. Now I’ve been invited to a birthday dinner on Fri to quite a fancy restaurant and the menu doesn’t look that SW friendly so gonna have to rethink things I think... grr!

Breakfast – bacon and scrambled egg, a banana and a nectarine
Snack – pear
Lunch – Leek and potato soup, frozen muller light
Snack - plum
Dinner – syn free beef sausages, champ, peas, carrot and parsnip, ½ piece of apple pie (5 syns) and some pineapple
Snack – wotsits (5 syns)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (5 syns) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total 15 syns

I’ve been invited to a birthday dinner on Fri to quite a fancy restaurant and the menu doesn’t look that SW friendly so gonna have to rethink things I think... grr!

what sort of restaurant is it? and what are your menu options? I would try and save a few syns a day so that you can enjoy your evening without having that little voice nagging you!

she's not confirmed as yet, but it's between

http://www.malmaison-belfast.com/files/Menus%20Sept%202010/Belfast%20FINAL.pdf

Dinner

COCO Belfast

will know tomorrow. find it v easy to retain syns until the evening but know it'll be a messy night whatever happens

malmaison- i would opt for the broth and steak, skip dessert

Dinner - tougher cos they are all so delicious, soup to start and toss between sea bass or steak but i'd ask for jacket spud rather than the triple cooked chips

it just gets harder...
Coco - hake or seabass

One of the odd things I find about this diet/lifestyle is that when I know I’m going to be going out for dinner that it’s actually better for me to have a cooked breakfast. You’d think the opposite would make sense but I’m following the rules and so far the rules are working for me so who am I to complain?

Breakfast – syn free sausages, bacon and scrambled egg and mushrooms, a pear and a plum
Snack – pear
Lunch – tomato and pepper soup, some ham and a plum
Snack -
Dinner – Nandos – chicken, rice and ratatouille (not sure of the syns but it’ll be under 15 I’m sure)
Before bed - 2 slices of Nimble toast (HEb) with 2 laughing cow light triangles (1/2 HEa)

Total unsure but under 15

Back