One SW day at a time

I wanted to cry in amazement at the description of the food!!! I'd probably collapse from emotional exhaustion before getting around to eating it. You sound like a girl that had a fantabulous time!!! :) :) :) xxx

Lisa x

OH MY GOD! That place sounded amazing, just looked at the menu though and I have just been picked up off the floor - how expensive!?!?!?

Which one did you go to? I wanna go!

Loving your description, a cocktail made from unicorn tears!!

x

Check me out with the multiquote thang:

I did get a bit over excited when we first got there - it's all beautiful linen tablecloths and low lighting and freesias and BLISSFULLNESS. The service is incredible - Lee dropped his napkin, bent down to pick it up and a waiter was already standing there with a fresh one for him. His face was a picture!

It's in Pollen street which is just off Hanover Square. The total bill came to £200.00 which is A LOT of money for a meal, but it was worth every single penny! Going out to somewhere like this is something I try and do a couple of times a year TOPS and I just save a bit towards it (and eat beans for a week after!) until I've got enough to do it. The cocktails were incredible - I had a ginger one and Lee had one with Duche de Leche in it. :drool: Oh and I tell you something, they were really STRONG!

I loved every single moment of last night I must admit, and the OH is currently texting me love poems in gratitude - it's my birthday in 3 weeks so I did have an ulterior motive! ;)

I like your style - I do things like that - is it sneaky, shrewd or just plain common sense?

I am thinking of this for my birthday, although I think the concept of fine dining will be lost on Mick (unless I am paying of course!) - £200 - whit woo!! Maybe one day.....

x

Well this dinner was on me, Lee is a very, very generous man and it's so rare that he lets me pay for anything that I took the opportunity and ran with it!

I'd say that we are shrewd - that's a nice word for it eh? ;). Actually I have problems reining him in TBH, it's quite a nice problem to have though. I'm a very lucky woman.

In all seriousness, we did hit the place quite hard - 3 x cocktails, 2 glasses of wine, Lee had a big old rum and coffee...it's the drinks that really bump the cost up really, so I think you could get away with spending a bit less (That pudding was basically unnecessary as well, bearing in mind all the little extras you get like the sorbet and the petit fours)

Hmmm, in that case I reckon we could afford it, we don't tend to drink with food (says the girl who sunk 2 pints of cider last week at the rib place!).

I may enquire....x

I'm astonished you haven't been swept away by a tide of :drool: from the rest of us :) That menu looks amazing, I'm glad you did it justice!

Wednesday - This week is slipping past me!

ARGH! I am so struggling to keep on plan. I ate a bag of fruit pastilles yesterday - for absolutely no good reason. A sneaky peek is showing a gain, which is completely deserved. I was very tired yesterday though, I fell asleep at my desk :eek:, then I fell asleep in the chair when I got home, and then I fell asleep on the sofa! Narcolepsy, thy name is Sally. I feel much brighter this morning and I'm aiming for a 100% day. Easy! Easy! Easy!

So food for yesterday.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - porridge (B) with plum and banana, chocolate tea.

breakfasr.jpg

Lunch - Scan Bran (Er yeah, went a bit wrong as was planning a green day and had two B's then changed my mind when I was too tired to cook from scratch in the evening!) (6), cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber.

Dinner - Lamb, potato and fig tagine (3) with harissa couscous (0.5). No superfree. Total cock up of a day really all considered!

dinenr.jpg

Snacks - Special K Bar (4.5) God, need to chuck these out, I think the sugar sets me off; fruit pastilles (God knows), packet of monster munch (TOO LATE TO COUNT ALL THIS)

LINE DRAWN. No more now, Today will be Extra Easy, lots of superfree and get myself in check because I need to CHECK MYSELF before I WRECK MYSELF. :cool:

Last edited:
........................................................................................................... < There's your line.

Back to it. You know you'll feel better when you're eating superfrees :) :eat:

........................................................................................................... < There's your line.

Back to it. You know you'll feel better when you're eating superfrees :) :eat:

Thank you. I've munched my way through a gargantuan salad and already feel much better. Yay!

Garratty! I haven't heard that word in years Sally! Its up there with "doin my swede in" and "you plum" !!!

Forget about the Fruit Pastilles, they have fruit in the title, if they don't contain fruit then that's just false advertising and not at all your fault!

Lamb taggy looks fit!
x

Yay! Now I've hit 50 posts I can click the links in people's profile thingys and read their diaries!
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading yours, Sally. And love I Charley's reasoning when it comes to fruit pastilles and vodka... I feel the same way about chocolate covering anything remotely healthy like raisins or strawberries :)

That meal on Monday sounds fantabulous. Special occasion treats are very much allowed :)

And did you check yourself before you wreck yourself...?

Too cool a phrase by the way. Simply epic.

Man alive, fruit pastilles ... what a sweet.

I checked myself and still wrecked myself! :D my syn total is currently on meh! I need devine intervention from St Salad, the patron saint of diets to get me a loss or a sts on Saturday weigh in, or I could just stop shovelling crap in me gob and hope for the best ;) xxx

Lisa x

Good morning lovely flowers!

Garratty! I haven't heard that word in years Sally! Its up there with "doin my swede in" and "you plum" !!!

Forget about the Fruit Pastilles, they have fruit in the title, if they don't contain fruit then that's just false advertising and not at all your fault!

Lamb taggy looks fit!
x

Yeah? A friend of mine put on FB "blah blah blah, husband doing my head it something chronic!" and I nearly fell off my chair laughing. I might try and bring back chronic. Lamb tagine was okay.

Yay! Now I've hit 50 posts I can click the links in people's profile thingys and read their diaries!
I've thoroughly enjoyed reading yours, Sally. And love I Charley's reasoning when it comes to fruit pastilles and vodka... I feel the same way about chocolate covering anything remotely healthy like raisins or strawberries :)

That meal on Monday sounds fantabulous. Special occasion treats are very much allowed :)

Hoorah! Welcome Clare - glad you enjoyed my ramblings. Chocolate strawberries are certainly a health food as far as I'm concerned.

And did you check yourself before you wreck yourself...?

Too cool a phrase by the way. Simply epic.

Man alive, fruit pastilles ... what a sweet.

I DID check myself before I wrecked myself. See? Fruit pastilles? I don't even bloody like them that much. I think I was so tired I was desperate for a sugar high and they were lurking in my bag just waiting to pounce on me. I'd only taken them out of the car to remove temptation from me, I was meant to be binning them. A CURSE UPON THEM!

I checked myself and still wrecked myself! :D my syn total is currently on meh! I need devine intervention from St Salad, the patron saint of diets to get me a loss or a sts on Saturday weigh in, or I could just stop shovelling crap in me gob and hope for the best ;) xxx

Lisa x

Seriously - Have left a message on your diary - you'll be fine, and even if it's a gain then you can get that straight off with all your Duncan Goodhew style swimming.

Thursday - EFF YEAH. We're getting there.

I am able to go on the Honk for 100% thread today and do a HONK! for yesterday. Fab-U-Lous. It feels like ages since I've had a 100% day, so I think I'm going to try and have a 100% week. Who am I kidding?!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs with celery salt. Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Tuna and harissa couscous salad.

lunch.jpg

Dinner - Vegetable paella (2 for oil). Delish for something I just threw together in desperation. I'll probably cook this again.

dinner.jpg

Later on I had weetabix (B) with a banana and almond milk (Half A+2) as I wanted to use up my B option and didn't really have anything else I fancied. I forgot how much I like weetabix!

Snacks - Apple.

Total syns - 4.5

On the agenda for today - Year end bolleux, try not to die from air pollution, stay 100% on track.

Oh, oh, prepared my venison osso bucco for tonight, it's in the slow cooker now and I'm hoping it's going to be fab. Here's how it looked before I stuck it in the fridge last night.

venison osso bucco.jpg

I am so excited to eat this.

Last edited:
Back