one week in turkey

xxchristiexx

Team Reem
Hi everyone

Wants to see what everyone on thinks.. i am off to marmaris turkey for 9 days on 24 July with my bf, we are bed and breakfast, how much spending money do you think we would need? Our flight is at 7 on the Sunday so that more or less the first day gone and our flight is at 3 on the following Tuesday.. i really am not sure what to take, we wont be drinkin a great deal but will maybe go on a few excursions etc.. we went too gumbet last year but we were all inclusive so was slightly different..

Any one any idea?xx

I'd take a few hundred each hun.

I went marmy a few weeks ago all inclusive but the food was rubbish so we ate out everynight nearly and was out drinking. I took around £300 and spend around £250 but that was back in 2008.

In feb this year i went to Lanzarote with my sister and went self catering. We took around £600 between us and spent arounf £500 but we was very limited in Lanzarote (werent much to spend money on) plus in turkey you get a better deal on your currency with it not being in the euro.

Id say take a few hundred with you just incase really. Marmaris is a great place and ive been twice and really want to go back this year and book a cheap place. Just remember to barter EVERYTHING even drinks in the bars. Although you will probs know this if you have been to turkey before :)

Have a great time! So Jelous! P.s what hotel are you staying?

oh and with regards to the excursions DONT book them through the rep it is much cheaper to book them at one of the shops or on the beach front. Jeep safari is brill!

Hiya thanks for replyin :D

Do you think around £700 would be enuf for the two of us? alot of people have said it is better to wait until you get there to change your money? Aw im sooo glad to hear that marmaris is good i cant wait! We are stayin in hotel ketenci have u heard of it?

Oh good advice about the excursions :D wud u recommend anything else?

I went to Marmaris in April this year - but we went all inclusive!!! there are so many bars and stuff you can get good deals.

Dont forget to put £10 in each passport for your entry visa! xxx

One word of advice though - if you fly out of Dalaman airport, take food with you. The cost of a Macdonalds meal was about £20 each. Not so extra value!

Check Tripadvisor forums for more tips and stuff! and here is your hotels reviews as well:

Ketenci Hotel Reviews and Photos, Marmaris, Turkey - TripAdvisor

Marmaris Forum, Travel Discussion for Marmaris - TripAdvisor

I went to Marmaris in April this year - but we went all inclusive!!! there are so many bars and stuff you can get good deals.

Dont forget to put £10 in each passport for your entry visa! xxx

One word of advice though - if you fly out of Dalaman airport, take food with you. The cost of a Macdonalds meal was about £20 each. Not so extra value!

Check Tripadvisor forums for more tips and stuff! and here is your hotels reviews as well:

Ketenci Hotel Reviews and Photos, Marmaris, Turkey - TripAdvisor

Marmaris Forum, Travel Discussion for Marmaris - TripAdvisor

Hi ellebear

Did you find it cheap enuf when u were out and about? Oh yeah i remember about the £10 each from last year :D

Aw the airport in bodrum was the same, horrendous prices! Thats good to know that you can bring stuff with you, i assume that means anythin except liquids?

Yep read up on the reviews and they all seem pretty good which is great :D

U are gunna have a brill time im so jelous lol

Never heard of that hotel hun, where abouts is it? Im sure it'l be nice if you have read some reviews. I deffo agree about the prices at dalaman airport its ridiculas!

Also be careful about flushing loo roll haha but im sure you will have heard that before in bodrum :) enjoy ya self and make sure you take lots of photos!

Correct no liquids - can of pop is about £4/5 a can!!!! :0

We took crisps, choccies, biscuits! haha! no wonder i gained!!!

yeah we walked up to Marmaris, and there were 241 cocktail bars and snack places, but as we were AI we only bought the odd things to be honest as we were having a quick cheap holiday! hope you dont think i am a tight bear now!!!!

We went into the castle for about 3 TL and it had great views of the marina and town - very cheap!!! hehe! not everyones cup of tea though - depends how 'cultured' you want to be - it has a musuem inside too with all artifacts and history stuff! I found it interesting1

Its a very pretty town - and so busy!

Jealous! x

U are gunna have a brill time im so jelous lol

Never heard of that hotel hun, where abouts is it? Im sure it'l be nice if you have read some reviews. I deffo agree about the prices at dalaman airport its ridiculas!

Also be careful about flushing loo roll haha but im sure you will have heard that before in bodrum :) enjoy ya self and make sure you take lots of photos!

It says it is central to nightlife and beach etc and reviews r good so im sure its fine :D

Yeah airport really is awful! Cant wait to go so excited! Do u think £700 is enuf for two?

Correct no liquids - can of pop is about £4/5 a can!!!! :0

We took crisps, choccies, biscuits! haha! no wonder i gained!!!

yeah we walked up to Marmaris, and there were 241 cocktail bars and snack places, but as we were AI we only bought the odd things to be honest as we were having a quick cheap holiday! hope you dont think i am a tight bear now!!!!

We went into the castle for about 3 TL and it had great views of the marina and town - very cheap!!! hehe! not everyones cup of tea though - depends how 'cultured' you want to be - it has a musuem inside too with all artifacts and history stuff! I found it interesting1

Its a very pretty town - and so busy!

Jealous! x

Oh id say il defo be gainin to! But thats what a holiday is about, eating and drinking lol! No way do i think ur tight id be exactly the same hehe :D im thinkin maybe £700 for us both that wud be enuf wudnt it?

OMG 241 cocktail bars il be in heaven!looovvveeeee cocktails lol!

So excited now!

When u get fishbowls aswell barter on the price and try n get free shots too ;)

I think you should be fine for £700 fill up on breakfast and that will keep ya going for a while won't it. Meals out are fairly cheap, just shop around and look at prices in the restuarants if you worried hun

I reckon that should be enough for 2 people, change it up locally though, you get a better price for sterling in Marmaris itself. I just got back (10 days ago) and had a fantastic time. There is a brand new marina just finished and its lovely to walk around x

When u get fishbowls aswell barter on the price and try n get free shots too ;)

I think you should be fine for £700 fill up on breakfast and that will keep ya going for a while won't it. Meals out are fairly cheap, just shop around and look at prices in the restuarants if you worried hun

O i definitely will :D

Yeah also thinkin for lunch of just buyin fresh bread in the morning and stuff to put in it and just bring it with us wherever we are goin and then have a really nice meal at night :D

Im soooooooooo excited :D

Plus my bf gets paid the fri we are away so if need be it will be there to dip into :D

I reckon that should be enough for 2 people, change it up locally though, you get a better price for sterling in Marmaris itself. I just got back (10 days ago) and had a fantastic time. There is a brand new marina just finished and its lovely to walk around x

Yeah defo think il take English notes and cash it over there, do they still accept English notes too? Ahh great so u have been recently too :D did u find it cheap enough? As long as we go easy first few days im sure we will be fine :D

Change it in marmy :)

Maybe take a bit of currency for the first day til ya find your bearings or something.... but DO NOT change money in the hotel, they will give ya a crappy deal lol.

When i was there most places would take euro, lire (obviously) and sterling but they will try and rip you off a bit if you pay with sterling or euro just be careful

I am saying in a villa in Dalyan for 10 nights and we go in 8 weeks 6 days... So not counting much haha.

So it's better to change currency when your there? I have never done that before so bit nervous about that just in case...

Were planning on doing lots of bbq's etc so would be easier to stay SW friendly...ish so we were thinking about £500 spending money for a family of 3 (20month old toddler) x

Change it in marmy :)

Maybe take a bit of currency for the first day til ya find your bearings or something.... but DO NOT change money in the hotel, they will give ya a crappy deal lol.

When i was there most places would take euro, lire (obviously) and sterling but they will try and rip you off a bit if you pay with sterling or euro just be careful

thanks for the info :)

oh good tip thanks :D

Back