Onken now has Syns :((((

gwen456

Just been told by my SW consultant that Onken yogs now have syns as they have removed their use of sweeteners...

So what can i buy instead ? whats a creamy 0 syn alternative ?

Gwen x

Activia fat free snack pots are fairly creamy and syn free :) So glad I havent had the Onken ones yet xxx

I just saw this posted on a SW group I follow on FB that someone's consultant had passed on:

"The decision to make the change across all three Fat Free Onken products was due to the overwhelming negative response to artificialsweeteners in our recipes coupled with recent Mintel customer research that told us that people are looking for more natural yogurts. We believe that thequality and taste of the product has improved as a result of the recipe.

We developed the "flash" that you can see on the front of the Onken pots (which are being rolled out into the retailers fromnow) so that we could make our shoppers aware of this change to the recipe andcalorie content. Please be assured that before making the change we spoke toSlimming World to make them aware as we know that the recipe with artificialsweeteners is Syn free so that they could alert their members and update theirrecords.

However, I am sorry if this had caused an issue for you and your members and, as requested, please find attached the nutritional valuesfor all 3 new Onken Fat Free Yogurts; Strawberry, Vanilla and Mango & Applewhich I hope will allow you and your members to continue to enjoy our products."

Fat Free Strawberry 450g pot (per 100g) Energy 334kj/79kcal Protein 4.5 Carbohydrate 13.4 of which sugars 12.8 Fat 0.1 of which saturates 0.1 Fibre 0.3 Sodium 0.07 Calcium 123mg

Fat Free Vanilla 450g pot (per 100g) Energy 3315kj/74kcal Protein 4.4 Carbohydrate 12.6 of which sugars 12.1 Fat 0.1 of which saturates 0.1 Fibre 0.1 Sodium 0.06 Calcium 193mg Fat Free Apple & mango Energy 375kj/88kcal Protein 4.4 Carbohydrate 16 of which sugars 15.5 Fat 0.1 of which saturates 0.1 Fibre 0.2 Sodium 0.06 Calcium 125mg

That apparently works out as follows: Vanilla is now 1 syns per 100ml and 4.5 per pot and strawberry is now 1.5 syns per 100ml so 6.5 per pot

PatchworkPuss said:
Ran my pot of onken through the syn calculator and it still came out as syn free

That'll be the original recipe. The new pots apparently have a circle on the front with "no artificial sweetener" written in it. Don't know how long they'll take to get to show like :s

Yes thanks we cross posted.

I ran the strawberry one through the calculator and based on that info it was 5.5 syns for the 450g tub, vanilla 5 syns, apple and mango 8 syns

hmm- i wonder if they'll change their minds when their sales go down rapidly after most sw members stop buying their yogs and go somewhere else (like muller!)

silly decision- i don't use lotsa syns on yoghurts!! tsk!

Gutted! I only found onken yoghurts about 3 weeks ago too

Am I right in saying that if it doesn't have a yellow flash on the front it is still free?

Oh boo! They were the only other one I like apart from Muller :(

Well they can sod right off now then cant they :(

ermintrude said:
Oh boo! They were the only other one I like apart from Muller :(

Well they can sod right off now then cant they :(

I am soooooo fed up today but this made me laugh out loud! Thanks for putting a smile on my chops!

I'll just stick to activia snackpots and mullers then :)

aw penis. I just bought a pot of fat free onken natural yoghurt, literally today. Cocks.

By far the best yoghurt :-( hopefully they'll have a change of heart like the Mullers did

Back