Onken now has Syns :((((

I just emailed this to them, doubt it will be noticed but hey, I'm a bit drunk and it makes me feel better!

Hello,

Just a note to let you know how disappointed I am at your decision to change the recipe in your flavoured, fat free, yoghurts.

I'm sure they now taste great but I can assure you they tasted great before only now I won't get to try the new recipe because as one of the half a million Slimming World members, I will no longer be buying your products as I expect neither will most of our members.

I sincerely hope you re-consider this change (as Muller Dairy did) but I expect it will take a huge drop in sales before you do.

Your's hopefully, an ex customer.

Grizzly_man said:
I just emailed this to them, doubt it will be noticed but hey, I'm a bit drunk and it makes me feel better!

Hello,

Just a note to let you know how disappointed I am at your decision to change the recipe in your flavoured, fat free, yoghurts.

I'm sure they now taste great but I can assure you they tasted great before only now I won't get to try the new recipe because as one of the half a million Slimming World members, I will no longer be buying your products as I expect neither will most of our members.

I sincerely hope you re-consider this change (as Muller Dairy did) but I expect it will take a huge drop in sales before you do.

Your's hopefully, an ex customer.

My feelings exactly , would you mind if I copied it , actually I think you should start a thread encouraging all the SW,WW etc to all send it !!!
It's a right bloody pain in the butt & you are right , if most of us buy 2-3 pots a week & there are 1/2 a million then someone who can actually do Maths ( not me , blonde you see & a real one to boot !!) can show them that their sales will rapidly drop & we will vote with our shopping trolleys !! Ya boo sucks !!!!
:-( not happy at all !!!!

I bobbed into asda this morning and the strawberry pot had the circle on the front saying no artificial sweetener - gutted!

The vanilla ones were still the old recipe so I stocked up!

There may be no need for any penis OR cocks, because I just checked my pot and it doesn't have a circle saying no artificial sweetener on it which should mean it's still free!

cheeselover said:
My feelings exactly , would you mind if I copied it , actually I think you should start a thread encouraging all the SW,WW etc to all send it !!!
It's a right bloody pain in the butt & you are right , if most of us buy 2-3 pots a week & there are 1/2 a million then someone who can actually do Maths ( not me , blonde you see & a real one to boot !!) can show them that their sales will rapidly drop & we will vote with our shopping trolleys !! Ya boo sucks !!!!
:-( not happy at all !!!!

Copy away! Hopefully they'll get the message soon enough, I very much doubt they will attract enough new customers by adding sugar to cover the loss of their SW customers

Nooooooo!! I'm totally sending them an email to express my disgust!

I bought an apple and mango one today from Tesco which is still the old recipe (53 cals/100g and no yellow thing to say it's got not artificial sweetners) - so I might go and stock up the fridge tomorrow!

This is pants.

Rorah said:
Nooooooo!! I'm totally sending them an email to express my disgust!

I bought an apple and mango one today from Tesco which is still the old recipe (53 cals/100g and no yellow thing to say it's got not artificial sweetners) - so I might go and stock up the fridge tomorrow!

This is pants.

Gutted !!! Why mess with it ??? Bloody interfering do gooders !! I demand they sort it !! Now !!!

I'm confused. I bought some FF natural onken today, there'd no flash on the front, but it does say no added ingredients. So, this means no sweetner. But there's not sugar either. 48kcals per 100g. Does this mean it's an old pot, or a new one?

sparkilstar said:
I'm confused. I bought some FF natural onken today, there'd no flash on the front, but it does say no added ingredients. So, this means no sweetner. But there's not sugar either. 48kcals per 100g. Does this mean it's an old pot, or a new one?

Natural Onken has no sugar or sweetener in it, so it will be free regardless.

My heart skipped when I saw this great as I only just discovered onken and bought 3 pots at the weekend!!! Luckily mine are the syn free originals. Phew!!!

Will have to tell my consultant as she's the one who was banging on about them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am totally gutted about this! Onken Fat Free Vanilla is how I have got through the winter - poured over cooked apple and rhubard as a delicious lo syn dessert that makes me think I am eating apple pie!

I might raid Tesco at lunch time and try and buy all the old version and freeze them ;-)

well i sent an email to them to complain and this was there reply.

Hello,
Thank you for your email regarding Onken Fat Free Yogurts.
The decision to make the change across all three Fat Free Onken products was due to the overwhelming negative response to artificial sweeteners in our recipes coupled with recent Mintel customer research that told us that people are looking for more natural yogurts. We believe that the quality and taste of the product has improved as a result of the recipe.
We developed the "flash" that you can see on the front of the new recipe Onken pots so that we could make our shoppers aware of this change to the recipe and calorie content.
Please be assured that before making the change we spoke to Slimming World last yearto make them aware as we know that the recipe with artificial sweeteners is Syn free so that they could alert their members and update their records.
However, I am sorry if this had caused an issue for you.We hope you will continue to enjoy our Fat Free Natural 450g Yogurt.
With Kind Regards,

Was putting the yoghurts out at work earlier. The Natural, Vanilla and Mango Passionfruit ones were all original ones but the Strawberry had that evil "flash" on it. I gave them evils. Made me feel better.

well i sent an email to them to complain and this was there reply.

Hello,
Thank you for your email regarding Onken Fat Free Yogurts.
The decision to make the change across all three Fat Free Onken products was due to the overwhelming negative response to artificial sweeteners in our recipes coupled with recent Mintel customer research that told us that people are looking for more natural yogurts. We believe that the quality and taste of the product has improved as a result of the recipe.
We developed the "flash" that you can see on the front of the new recipe Onken pots so that we could make our shoppers aware of this change to the recipe and calorie content.
Please be assured that before making the change we spoke to Slimming World last yearto make them aware as we know that the recipe with artificial sweeteners is Syn free so that they could alert their members and update their records.
However, I am sorry if this had caused an issue for you.We hope you will continue to enjoy our Fat Free Natural 450g Yogurt.
With Kind Regards,

I got the same response word for word :wave_cry:

Back