Online Meeting Thread - our very first!

Hi everyone, sorry I'm a bit late to the meeting. Been making tomorrow nights chilli.

Caroline you are a superstar!!! Thank you so much for organising all this, I think it's such an amazing idea.

I weighed in today at 310 exactly. I lost exactly 5 lbs since last Friday and my first week back on the straight and narrow after 2 weeks off!

I think we should be called something simple like "the minimins weighers" or "the minimins slimmers". Again, not very creative, sorry. :)

Well I've put you all on my trusty spreadsheet :)

Personally, I don't think there's much point in a diet plate. You could weigh out food for a lot less and then you'd have a good idea of how big servings look as well. Personally, I don't like the idea of them. Firstly, they're just far too obvious for my liking, it's obviously not a normal plate and is for dieting and I want my 'diet' (I don't like to call it that as I'm seeing this as permanent changes for a healthy lifestyle to keep my weigh loss permanent!) to be something so obvious. What happens if you've got people round for dinner, are you going to use it then? Or what about when you're out, take your own plate along? I think if you weigh stuff when cooking, you'll have a good idea of how big servings should be by sight. I know there are things like potatoes, pasta etc that I don't have to weigh now as I know roughly the right amount by sight. If it was say £5 then fine, but £18 plus for a plate is a bit ridiculous I think!

gettingfitat50 said:
Do you think those diet plates are worth buying or should I just use my eye to judge portion size?

I tried looking at packets serving sizes. Like pasta. And then weigh out the meal like that.

I've got a name idea but I'll show you in picture form in a moment when I've finished it!

Yeah i agree Caroline. Id be really uncomfortable with other people seeing me using a plate like those. And think it'd feel too much too to have a plate like that

caroline g said:
I've got a name idea but I'll show you in picture form in a moment when I've finished it!

Im intrigued!

Yeah, to me the plate is a bit too obvious. I'm quite sensitive about people knowing I'm on a diet. Also I think they are so bl**dy expensive. If you weigh things out then you should be fine.

Can't wait to see this logo!!! Is it just me or does being on a spreadsheet make you feel important?? lol :D

The thing that keeps me motivated is loooking in the mirror. I am so unhappy with the way I look it spurs me on every time!! x

Motivation is hard. At the beginning its there and there's loads of it! But then you kinda realise how long its gonna take. I just remind myself of why Im doing this when i wanna just eat crap for no reason. I know i don't want my weight to go up at the next weigh in too!

I found it hard this week cos last weeks loss was so little. 0.2! Felt like eating rubbish loads. So glad i didn't :)

Squeezyweezy said:
The thing that keeps me motivated is loooking in the mirror. I am so unhappy with the way I look it spurs me on every time!!

I have been taking photos each week on my phone to look back on. This will hopefully motivate me when I look back to where I started.

Haha sorry, here we go! I posted when I had the idea, had to then make it! Needed to show you rather than tell you, makes more sense if you see it! Colours and stuff are just first thing that came to find and I'll probably play around with different fonts and stuff if you like it, let me know what you think.

382975_517928777276_285500096_537691_234672738_n.jpg

382975_517928772286_285500096_537690_1669688767_n.jpg

I'm the same as squeezy and bostik I'm quite sensitive about it all and I think that's why I dislike the idea so much personally.

Photos are such a good idea. I migh start doing it actually.

Bet you're glad you didn't eat crap all week Bostik, you had a great loss this week. :)

I keep myself motivated by thinking about all the reasons that I want to lose weight: better clothes, better self esteem, better love life (note I said love, not sex before anyone thinks I'm a bit of a floozy haha), better health, better life prospects, generally better everything!

Rewards, however big or small, can help too.

Love it!!! I think without the circle works best :D

Haha thats great! Yeah i like it better without the circle. Looks fab!

They're both cool - although you want to be a loser with this, dont you
We should have a chatroom type thing, is there a way to do this? a bit likek the shout box at the toop of the main website but for this

Back