Only 14 stone to go to be normal!?!

squashedfroggy

I love choccy
Hi! My names Jo, 26 from Milton Keynes and have ALOT of weight to lose!

I only plan on losing 12 stone (only, lol) as I think going from 24 to 10 stone is too dramatic! But its still a really scary thought when I think of the massive journey ahead...

I have tried WW and SW, I did quite well on ww in 04 and lost 6 stone, but put it all back on again - sw was really confusing and I cant do it on my own

Well tomorrow I start Slim Fast - I just hope I can stick to it this time!

So any advice and support you can give will be much appreciated - and I will try and do the same for you :) I am supporting louisa26 as she is my best friend so Im full of advice I cant seem to follow!:eek:

I WILL succeed!!!

Hi there,

Welcome to MiniMins, it sounds as if your head is in the right place to lose weight and I am sure you will do just great on Slim Fast. I have to say that is one I haven't tried in years and it has much improved since then.

Just yell if you need help!

Of course you'll succeed!

How are you doing the Slimfast? Is that 2 shakes/bars & a meal? If I were you I would take an A-Z multi vit too just to make sure you're getting everything you need.

AKB is on the WeMITT thread and has lost 12 stone so she'll probably be along soon with some good advice!

I have only lost 3 but am in the process of losing the final 2 using weightlossresources.co.uk on 1100 cals per day & finding it great. I lost the first 44lbs on Cambridge diet which a lot of the WeMITTs are on. (It's very like Slimfast but is 3 foodpacks per day which give 100% of nutrition and cause a mild ketosis so you burn fat instead of cals). Once I got down to 11 stone I found it harder to justify not having food so I swapped diets to continue dropping without feeling deprived.

I love your username & pic & hope you like using Minimins. For most of us on here it's an amazing support. If you have any questions feel free to ask and there's lots of info on Mini's newcomers thread at the top of the main page.

Love xxx

Hi Squashed froggy, Welcome to Minimins, the best diet tool you could possibly have. Lots of folk on here are doing VLCD, I am doing cal counting, started at 1500 a day 6 weeks ago and have now lost one stone. I shan't win any speed prizes but I am getting there and so will you. I wish you lots of luck with your journey and urge you to get on here and post like mad everytime the eating urge bites! Love

Try not to think of the whole picture. I started at 20 st 1.5 lb 6 months ago. My first target was to be 19 st something then to lose a stone then to be 18 st something and so on. I am now 15 st 6 lb and have lost 65 1/2 lbs. My next target is to another 4 1/2 lbs so that will be 70 lb or 5 stone. Then to get to 14 st something. Just take small steps. And also have photos taken throughout. Some get them taken every month others when they lose another stone.

And remember you can do it. One day at a time.

Irene xx

Hi squashedfroggy,how u doing,i myself have a whole lot to lose infact around 15 stone and like yourself have lost alot of weight and gained it back again.
This site is an amazing and kindness,advice and support i have received here is out of this world,everyone here has been here for me through the good times and my bad times.
If you feel you want to chat to someone but dont want to post you can always send a private message.
Hope you have a good week,take care xxx

You've come to the right place and I have no doubt that you can do it!! good luck with it! :)

Of course you'll succeed!

How are you doing the Slimfast? Is that 2 shakes/bars & a meal? If I were you I would take an A-Z multi vit too just to make sure you're getting everything you need.

AKB is on the WeMITT thread and has lost 12 stone so she'll probably be along soon with some good advice!

I have only lost 3 but am in the process of losing the final 2 using weightlossresources.co.uk on 1100 cals per day & finding it great. I lost the first 44lbs on Cambridge diet which a lot of the WeMITTs are on. (It's very like Slimfast but is 3 foodpacks per day which give 100% of nutrition and cause a mild ketosis so you burn fat instead of cals). Once I got down to 11 stone I found it harder to justify not having food so I swapped diets to continue dropping without feeling deprived.

I love your username & pic & hope you like using Minimins. For most of us on here it's an amazing support. If you have any questions feel free to ask and there's lots of info on Mini's newcomers thread at the top of the main page.

Love xxx

Yeah its 2 shakes a day and a less than 600 cal dinner at night. You can have the sf soup rather than a shake if you want, so I guess it really is similar to cd, apart from the shakes are made of milk instead of water...

With the CD do they not start introducing food again when you get to a 'sensible' weight?? I was considering doing the CD but know that I would find it really difficult to have no food at all...

Hi Jo

Good luck with your journey, break it down to smaller goals and set yourself non food related rewards. Don't forget to measure yourself as well, it may keep you on the straight and narrow if you have a bad weight loss week. If only we were all good at taking our own advice, its easy to say it but harder to do it.

I have done slimfast many years ago, without I have to admit much success but I always think these diets are more to do with your state of mind than just will power alone. A friend of mine successfully lost his weight using Slimfast so if he had success with it I am sure you will.

You did amazingly well with WW in 2004 so I am sure you will see your results starting to come through in no time.

Hi squashedfroggy,how u doing.
How is your fist day going on slimfast,they have so may new products out now.
Well i am in the same posiiton as you and i am taking it day bye day.
I have lost 18.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks and have 15 more stone to lose,but i am breaking it up into 2 stone targets, otherwise it seems so far away.
My goal date is 31st december 07 and i would luv 2 be 11/12 stone and see the new year for the first time a normal weight,the last time i weighed 12 stone i was 13 yrs old so it will be all very new to me.
The support on this site is amazing and the people here have become my friends,they have been here to pat me on my back when i have lost weight and to listen to me when i am feeling down.
So remember we r all here for you,there is always someone around to chat 2.
Hope u are having a good day,take care xxx

Hi! i am jo's (squashedfrogs) best friend she is also going to be my bridesmaid at my wedding in July.

i have told her she has a lot of messages on here and aware that she hasnt been around for a few days.

her kitten got ran over on wed morning and with some other personal problems u can imagine hasnt been the best for going on the net! it was also her 4th anniversary of meeting her fiance yesterday too!

can we all say HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY for her please and i am sure she will thank you herself in due course!

Hi! i am jo's (squashedfrogs) best friend she is also going to be my bridesmaid at my wedding in July.

i have told her she has a lot of messages on here and aware that she hasnt been around for a few days.

her kitten got ran over on wed morning and with some other personal problems u can imagine hasnt been the best for going on the net! it was also her 4th anniversary of meeting her fiance yesterday too!

can we all say HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY for her please and i am sure she will thank you herself in due course!

Ah so you are the one responsable for guiding her here :)

Happy Anniversary froggy :D

Sorry to hear about your cat :(

Awww .... sorry to hear about your kitten :(

And a belated Happy Anniversary to you and your fiance :)

Sending you hugs and positive vibes for your diet too

~~~~~~~>~~~~~positive vibes~~>~~~~~~>~~~~~~>

hi! thanks for the congrats :)

its been a really tough week, with other family problems and my kitten Ollie.. I just couldnt cope with the diet and the stress... yep, fell off the wagon already.. Slimfast is really not for me... so I thinkI need to have a chat with Louisa26 and see if she can give her advice on the cd.

So.. here we go again, trying to find a new way to lose weight..

Jo

Hi Jo

With everything you've had going on it's no wonder the diet took a back seat. But don't give up - we're here with ya :D

thanks d_q - I dont want to give up, although I know I keep doing just that, but I want to do it, and looking at the success people have had on here I know I can do it too :)

Back